Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am suffering from knee pain in the right knee from last night. What is the cause of being it. This is the first time happened. Kindly advise me. Thanking you.
My mother suffering with arthritis and she used pain killers, and some doctors are saying like this. If we give medicine that will not work to your mother. What I have to do to cure that sir?
I was suffering from knee pain since last 2weeks. What should I do? Please me. No medicines are taken. Please respond my question. Answer me as soon as possible.
Hi I'm getting knee pain I have met with a small accident 5years before please help me get me out from this.
Am 22years female. I have legs pain and body pains. 8months back I went for checkup. Doctor said that I have thyroid tsh11.3 and also he suggested me for RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS TEST. And my test result shows that I have ARTHRITIS POSITIVE 22.. My question is, Is this a serious problem? Am taking medicine fr arthritis from 6months? Will it cause any problems for me in further nd also in future after marriage? please explain it clearly. Thank you.
My uncle is 52 years old. He is addicted to alcohol. He drinks 2 pegs daily at night usually at 9 o clock. He has complaint of having pain in knees and arm. Does alcohol is injurious to health How to cure him? He once did not drink for a month and got up with cervical problem. How to cure his his knees and arms which have got great pain. Thanks.
I am aged 52 years. I am a civil contractor and very busy I have osteo arthritis. But from last one year I have lot of pain in my right leg below the knee. So I have stopped doing exercise from last 6 months. My weight is 90 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I want to reduce my weight and also my leg pain. Kindly advise.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a pain in my left leg calf muscles (from knee to ankle) and it become quite heavy .It has been for last 10 yrs. X_ray, MRI done but no any result come, Please suggest the good treatment.
I have pain on my knees. In cold days I have difficulty walking. Please suggest me what should I do?
My mother was very much pain in two knees, so I operated both knees by apollo doctors advice, pain was relief, after two years my mothers left knee pain started whenever 500 m walking. Please give your advice, how to reduce this or avoid pain.
Recently i'm experiencing pain in my knees and legs Even some of the times I hear cracking sound of bones Is it due to calcium deficiency?
I'm having a lot of problems with the swelling of feet and severe pain in my right knee sometimes not being able to walk properly and I went to the doctor today for a blood test and was told it's not with the kidney and have to go back next week, is it something serious and what would you recommend to help it?
I am 40 years, I have had an accident and there is a ligament tear, now I hear a voice when I truth my knee and some times it pains a lot, which is difficult to resist, please let me know the solution.
I hav rheumatoid arthritis at an early age. Doctor advised to take penicillin for 4 years. Now I am fine but any precautions I hav to take? I am 25 years old now. I had the problem at tge age of 18 yrs.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.