Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarYour feedback matters!
Myself undergone acl surgery, since 2 yrs backs rt. Knee joint, leg folding upto 105 degree .Original position is not obtained.Pain is there.
Last year I had a lot of pain in my both knees, while siting & standing I used to have alot of pain, I consulted a doctor asked me to take x ray in which I found my right leg kneecap moved to little bit right side & left leg knee cap is moved to left side, he asked me to go for surgery or else I may face arthritis in future. He gave me tablets temporarily problem was solved. But now I feel that my right kneecap has moved more on rightside i. E more gap. So please guide me what to do without surgery. Thanking you.
My mom is suffering from knee and joint pains is there any home remedies for this? She is 45 and a little fat (not much)
hello doctors! I'm 25 years old. Unmarried and working lady. I've been suffering from a number of problems, some from my adolescence which are still there and have become chronic and some have developed recently. I have many health issues at the same time, below is the list:- 1- i'm exhausted all the time, I feel lethargic and slouchy. 2- few years back I used to have extreme pelvic pain; I couldn't stand the pain and my Dr. Gave me injections of voveran. Now from the last year my periods are not regular, I just menstruate for one day. 3- i'm constantly putting on weight, especially around my belly. I exercise but it doesn't help. 4- when I was 13 years old my knees used to knuckle/crack a lot. This condition remained for 8-9 years. Now it doesn't happen but i've severe pain in my knees and ankles; i'm not able to climb stairs, I can't do cycling I can't walk fast, cannot jump/jog, in short I feel like a 60 years old lady. 5- also I pent when I climb stairs or walk fast. My folks say that i'm a lazy girl and not at all attentive. 6- i'm absent minded, so much forgetful. I misplace things most of the time. One doctor said i've dementia or alzheimer's. I'm shocked. 7- I look pale and have many skin problems, like breakouts, scars, black head white heads, patchy skin. Did consult doctors. But nothing did really help. Blood test already done, there's no blood infection. 8- i've consulted a gynaecologist too for my periods and skin issues, conducted some tests which were normal. I feared of pcos but luckily it was not that but there was some watery discharge from my left breast. 9- i'm short sighted too and my number is -8. Severe headache is common. 10 - in 2013 I was down with typhoid. My haemoglobin was 7.8 at that time and I took iron tabs (dexorange) for three months. 11- four five years back I had a bone marrow test which indicated my bones were weak. In later years I consulted an specialist he said I hv arthritis, I didn't continue the medicines. 12- my tongue has unusual black spots. My metabolism isn't good. Constipation is not a regular problem. 13- recently i'm realising that my body's tiny hair including my face is growing dark. I fear of hormonal problem. 14- from last one month i've chronic bony pain especially in my hands, feet and legs. My finger joints are paining like anything, I can't keep my feet on the floor, it hurts badly. I'm not able to sleep due to unbearable pain. In fact I can't explain my condition. Every part of my body pains, I feel sick, very very sick. Please help, what should I do, i'm stressed out, not even able to work properly in my office. Where to start? who's the right doctor? please help out.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I am 67 years old suffering from knee pain left leg. Took diacerin 50mg twice daily but my bp shot up from 120/80 to 165/95 within 3 days of taking the drug. I monitored my bp but it didn't came down. Ultimately stopped taking it and my bp came back to 125/85 in 7 days. My knee pain still persists but is controlled by hot water foment action. Can I still start diecerin. I am female.
I was playing football and got hurt. My knee is paining for 3 days. The pain is not much but it just does not goes. What should I do?
I am having a fibula fracture lower to knee three months ago and now i am feeling little pain when I wake up in the morning what should I do?
I have a pain in my left foot heel because it was cut before four years and it was joined in government hospital and now there is a pain in that heel, please give me advise that what should I do today?
When I am walking, there is a typical sound produced from my knee joint. Suggest the appropriate treatment or advise.
Doctor my knee was paining for 2 years when I consult to doctor he made an orthoscopi iwas having pain when I get down to staircase, walking 100mtr, walking without sports shoes. Now it is almost 1 year over but icant do some exercise or play cricket or football I get pain immediately. So what should I do
Using kaishora and mahayogaraj guggulu for gout in Ayurveda. Please suggest permanent cure gout in Ayurveda. We are pure vegetarian.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a painful disease of the joints, mostly affecting older people. It mostly results in swollen, aching joints that make movement extremely challenging. Rheumatoid arthritis results in receding and tenderness of the synovial membrane. This leads to a decline in flexibility, causing intense distress, thus hindering daily activities.
Steps to manage the discomfort caused by it
There is no complete cure for Rheumatoid arthritis. The discomfort however, can be controlled to a certain extent with regular exercises, change in diet and medications.
Regular exercise can help in increasing the flexibility, maintaining the synovial fluid between joints that help in lubrication.
Home remedies including use of medical oils to massage the affected joints on a regular basis. In this case, there are several herbal or Ayurvedic oils available, that can provide temporary remedy.
It is important to increase the intake of vitamin D. This can be done by spending a short while out in the sun every day. Vitamin D supplements are also available in the form of capsules.
A decrease in the alcohol consumption is highly recommended to people with bones and joints disorders.
Swimming is an excellent exercise as it causes minimal labour on the joints. It is extremely beneficial to all people.
It is important to lose excess weight, so as to lessen the pressure on the joints. For example, heavy and wide waist structure can affect the knees in the long run. It can help increase your energy level and help you function efficiently.
Smoking and drinking affect almost all organs of the body eventually and lead to a painful death or physical abnormalities. It has been found that overindulgence in alcohol and tobacco can also flare up chances of rheumatoid arthritis.
It has been found that rheumatoid arthritis mostly affects women. Therefore, women need to be exceptionally cautious about their daily exercise schedule and diet.