Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my knees every winter and this is happening with me since last 5 years. Please help.
I am a male 26 years age when I bend my knees there is a grinding sound in both knees always wen I bend Dr. Told me I am hvng chondromalacia please suggest me what I hve to do.
My mother is suffering from arthritis from last 5 years. We have given her the best we could. But now she refused to take medicine and now she only takes pain killer on daily bases. Kindly help.
Good Afternoon Sir, I am 58 years old working women having following problems 1) Right side foot pain, where it is curve. 2) Left side behind knee, I feel like swelling. I cannot fully bend the knee. If I walk more then it exerts (more stiffness). 3) Lower back upto thighs stiffness. 4) Right shoulder pain. (I can move arm in any angle but while changing cloths or sleeping on right side it pains more. No other problem. Please advise me what to do and what are reasons behind then pains. Thank u.
I am 53 year old now. Male. I have complete body pain always inclusive of knee pain and all kinds of join as I am also suffering for premature arthritis. I have not seen sound sleep in the night so far. Always lethargic during day time. After eating the food immediately I get sleepy mood. My present weight is 95 Kgs.
I am 74 year male suffering from oa since last 6 month and treated by a ortho doctor with a medicine named joint guard 1bd. I improved considerable, and later on an mbbs doctor reduced medicine to 1od, I think this slowed my recovery too much. I wanted know whether reducing the dose by mbbs doctor is ok or not, if not what dose it should have.?
I am 45 years old man and has got first gout attack in 1995, having uric acid level of 8.9 at that time. The uric acid level remains high from that time between 8 and 10. I am taking every prevention still I got the painful attack in feet, ankle and knee frequently. Kindly advise in this regard.
I am mail 23 years old and getting knee pain from last two days. I wany to know the reason and treatment.
Dear sir/madam, From past few days I am experiencing shiverness in my hands, legs & getting a pain in knee joints while sitting & a slight illness. I am having a habit of watching porn more & masturbating, Is this the side effect for it?
I am 36 yrs old, I got hurt in my right knee while playing football, mri scan report says- evidence of bone contusion noted involving opposing articular surface of medial femoral condyle and tibial condyle but no frank fracture is visible, had taken treatment since 5 months, I can walk normally, but when sit & stand or bend knee after sitting I gets hurt in knee as well as while running or walking in steps. Please provide me suggestion.
1. My Wife aged 59 years having weight of 62 kgs and O blood group, is suffering from left knee pain for the last more than two months. Sever pain for the last one month. She is diabetes with 7.9 average sugar for three months and under medication regularly for the last ten years. She is also taking small doze of Insulin. 2. Local doctors have advised us for TKR. Pending which, an injection called SYNVISC-One could be given for pain relieving to gain time. I wish to know that 1. Whether the above injection will give relief from pain for some time and how long period and side effects for diabetes persons. Whether it is steroid and its cost. Or any other kind of injection/medicines which help us in pain. Please help us.
I am 60 years old female. Problem of having pain and stiffness in whole body specially knee and neck. I want Ayurvedic Dr. To see my problem.
For 57+ female on treatment for Hypothyroidism, Hypertension & Osteoarthritis - 1) Does a dosage of Vit D3 (60K IU per month) & Shelcal CT (daily) over an year have risk of kidney disorders? 2) What are the possible natural treatments to control osteoarthritis pain specially caused after climbing stairs after a long time?
What scares you about old age the most? For most of us, it is the fact that we would lose our vitality and speed. Such pain and disability are caused due to progressive joint conditions which are categorized as arthritis. Arthritis it is a painful degenerative disorder of the joints, in which the joints become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. If you have arthritis, you know that it can have a debilitating effect on you, and may even restrict your movement to a large extent. Fortunately, the age old science of Ayurveda has some treatment options which offer relief for arthritis.
How Does Ayurveda Approach Arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha (air). The body produces ama – a toxin that is released as a byproduct of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Though modern medicine has advanced a lot, it cannot completely cure arthritis. For those who are looking for long-term rehabilitation, surgery is often the only resort. As compared to that, Ayurveda offers natural remedies that are non-invasive and effective without any side effects. These remedies treat the underlying cause of the condition and lubricate joints to improve range of motion.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Arthritis
Since arthritis is caused due to vata aggravation, the main aim of Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is to balance and stabilize vata in the body. This can be done by strengthening the alimentary canal and the metabolic pathway. This ensures that the circulatory channels not blocked by impurities and are open and performing well, and that nourishment is delivered to joints. To achieve this, you may have to drink lots of water and detoxify your body periodically. You may also try various Ayurvedic home remedies which are designed specifically to treat arthritis, improving your range of motion and giving you increased mobility.
An Ayurvedic diet can help strengthen the digestive system, preventing the formulation of ama. The nutritional plasma that is thus created, is pure and can be assimilated into the body completely and easily. A healthy, balanced diet can also improve lubrication of joints, effectively preventing arthritis or degeneration of the joints. These Ayurvedic remedies promote natural healing for arthritis, decreasing the rate of progression of degeneration of your joints and promoting their health.
Tips for Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthritis
Ayurveda is just the right thing for you if you are looking for home remedies for arthritis. Ayurveda allows you to use several ingredients from your home for treatment of this condition.
- Begin your day by drinking a large glass of lukewarm water with lemon juice in it.
- Fenugreek is an excellent natural inhibitor of ama and corrector of the vata dosha. It is a natural remedy for arthritis. Use fenugreek seeds in your food. They are slightly bitter in taste, so use them sparingly. Another great way to use Fenugreek seeds is by grinding them and mixing them with mustard oil. Apply this paste on your joints – both on your knees and hands. This will bring warmth and comfort to your joints.
- A hot oil massage of your joints can be really helpful, especially in the winter months. Castor oil and sesame seed oil, both are great for a hot massage of your joints. If your joints are very painful, massage them lightly. Therapists discourage the use of pressure in joint massages in any Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis.
- Meditate for bringing down your stress levels and dealing with anxiety. Stress and anxiety are a major reason for the development of ama in your body. The more relaxed you are, the more efficient your body will be. Yoga has many breathing exercises which initiate you into meditation. When you have control over your breath, meditation comes more easily to you.
- Go to bed on time and wake up early in the morning. Disrupting the natural sleep cycle can aggravate all the doshas in the body and can also result in worry, stress, anxiety and fear. Taking control of your life and your daily schedule will not only help you get rid of arthritis, but also many other ailments that may have been plaguing you. A healthy, natural sleep cycle also prevents obesity, further improving the health of your load bearing joints.
Ayurveda is a completely natural science, with no known side-effects. It has been extensively studied for its miraculous results and its many successful treatments. While these general tips on Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis can be helpful, often patients need more personalized treatment plans. Ayurvedic expert offers you treatment packages designed with great care. We select only the most quality ingredients and convert them into final products after passing them through three stages of rigorous testing. Each of the medicinal ingredients used in our packages has been selected carefully after a lot of researching, experimenting and testing. If you need a little more personalized attention, you can contact our Ayurvedic practitioner who can create specific treatment plans that are tailor-made for you.