Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajiv Seth
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv SethYour feedback matters!
HI, My grandfather age is 74. He was vomiting and had headache, so we concerned doctor. Doctors told the he is in advance stage of brain tumor. As lungs cancer is spread to brain. Doctors suggested to take retromastoid. Please suggest how can it be cured.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired.
Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir. I continuously feeling numbness and stiffness in my feet especially on my fingers. My heart rate also fluctuates throughout the day. It reaches to the levels of 125+ n sometimes lower down to 55- inspite of not doing any physical activities. I feel anxious throughout the day n also not able to sleep well during nights. I feel choked during my sleep which wakes me up with a shock. Cn you pls tell me the disease I am suffering? Pls suggest any remedies or consultation if necessary.
My brother suddenly becomes unconscious and his treatment is going on from last 4 years and in this 4 years I have changed 4 to 5 doctor because of no benefit to him. Now from last one week he is taking divaa 250 mg, zapic 0.5 mg and olimelt 2.5 mg but then too he is daily complaining about head pain and dizzinious plus doctor said that he does not have fits problem then too they have given him fit tablet which forcing me to decide to give him medicine or not, now I have planned not to give him medicine 4 to 5 days just to observe him, is it ok to stop his medicine just to observe his behaviour? And and is bit safe if we can start his treatment from homeopathy? Please suggest me doctor.
Hello, My friend is suffering from migraine. She is suffering alot. Can any doctor suggest curing medicine for it. Because she is very much disturbed by this and by this even she cannot study also. And also if she didn't got a cup of tea in evening she gets pained. Can any doctor suggest how to overcome migraine. It's very much disturbing her wealth also. Respectfully.
She is suffering from sleep apnea. We have consulted doctor at Ahmedabad and he told us to have surgery. So need a second opinion that if surgery required or it can be treated with medicines. She is diagnose as - Obstructive sleep apnea severe with central apnea.
Sir my daughtier have migraine disease problem she is getting very much head paining and she always disturb from study.
Migraine is a type of headache which can occur in varied intensities; the pain resulting from a migraine is pulsating and throbbing. This sort of a headache is usually accompanied by extreme sensitivity to sounds and light as well as severe nausea. One feature that significantly differentiates between migraine and any other type of headache is that the headache resulting from migraines usually develops on any one side of the head.
Causes of Migraine
- The most common trigger for migraine headache is stress. This may be due to any reason. Mental stress has been known to trigger headache in almost all of the patients.
- Other triggers of migraine headaches include going out in the sun. It is again a very common factor that triggers migraine headaches.
- Improper sleep can also cause an episode of migraine.
- Another common trigger is staying hungry more than usual. If the eating routine of a patient is disturbed, it can cause migraine.
- Loud noise is also another common trigger.
- Females may get migraine just before or during menses.
Symptoms of Migraine
The most characteristic symptom of migraine is one sided headache mostly of violent, throbbing and pulsating in nature. The accompanying symptoms include nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, flashes of light before eyes, double vision, light/sound sensitivity, confusion and weakness.
Role of Homeopathy
Homeopathy is not in the favour of using temporary treatments like popping a painkiller to alleviate the throbbing, pulsating and often intolerable pain caused from migraine. Homeopathy aims at going deep down into the root of the problem and entirely removes the tendency of any patient to be shot with migraine headaches every now and then. That is why homeopathic medications may take some time in showing results. They do not offer any temporary relief like most allopathic treatments do. On the other hand, homeopathic medicines offer a long term relief and can cure the migraine problem permanently.
Homeopathic medicines for migraine are reliable and safe. They offer effective treatment for migraine. In fact, they work wonders for acute migraine attacks or even chronic migraine. Homeopathic medicines for migraine are selected as per individual case. Individual symptoms are studied in detail and the appropriated medicine prescribed. Homeopathic medicines identify and attack migraine at the root. Migraines with or without aura respond wonderfully well to Homeopathic medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I'm 25 years old girl, actually from past few days suffering from kind of stress or can say low pain in my forehead exactly mid of eyebrows and right side eyebrow, its almost all the time when I am awake and by this I feel it affect to my nose veins. please let me know why it happen suddenly? or should I go to doctor? Please reply soon
With age, most body organs begin to deteriorate in their function. This happens to the brain also, thereby reducing the overall speed of functioning of most organs. While slowing of bodily movement is visible, the internal organs functioning also slows down, which is not that obvious. Memory loss or dementia is one of the main manifestations of this degeneration of the brain.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, and the associated symptoms includes reduced reasoning abilities and cognitive defects. Though it is seen only in the elderly, not all elderly people will have Alzheimer’s. The overall quality of life of the affected person is reduced with difficulty remembering things that were recently learned. It is a progressive disease and as it gets more severe, a full-time caretaker may be required.
Causes: The brain cells are affected by protein masses known as plaques and tangles. These hamper the way communication between the brain cells happens as well as affect nutrition from reaching all parts of the brain. This leads to shrinking of the brain, eventually leading to memory loss and other problems. There is also a strong genetic linkage, as most people with Alzheimer’s have the lipoprotein A gene.
Symptoms: Though memory loss is the most common symptom, there are other symptoms:
- Being confused about places, people, and times
- Inability to find the right words during conversations
- Regular objects are misplaced
- Becoming irritable, (in someone who was not so previously)
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Inability to organise thoughts
- Not able to make the right decisions
- Repetitive talks and actions
- Forgetfulness (not something the person always does)
- Difficulty with numbers (again, not something calculations
- Difficulty managing everyday tasks and minor problems
- Suspicion of others (like immediate family members and friends)
Risk factors: While age is definitely a risk factor, the fact that not all aged people develop Alzheimer’s is to be borne in mind. Other risk factors include the history of stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and poor lifestyle choices.
Diagnosis: While there is no definitive way to diagnose Alzheimer’s, symptoms along with brain scans and neuropsychological function testing are useful ways to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: This is aimed at two things reducing the rate of disease progression and treat (or reverse) symptoms if possible.
Cholinesterase inhibitors improve cellular communication in the brain and also manage depression and agitation. Memantine is used to slow the pace of disease progression.
In people with the disease, small changes are useful to help them with the symptoms. These include keeping essential things like keys and wallet in the same place, keep a daily diary to help them remember things, keep pictures of friends and family within visible distance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!