Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv BajajYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old & 60 kg. Have been taking regularly PanD/ Esoga RD capsules early morning for last 5 yrs. If not taken on any day then food will come to mouth with burning sensation. Could you please advise how to get rid of the medicine and come out of this problem. No other disease except mild hyper tension for which taking tabs. Metpure xl 12.5 & Loram 2.5 daily. Thanks,
Hello doctor, I have more triglycerides. What is your advaise in order to keep them in control. Presently the reading is 199 mg/dl. My ldl& hdl are normal. Best regards,
my dad age is 48 and he is addicted to drink alcohol which is ruining our life he have no medical issue only has blood pressure problem please prescribe me a medicine which can help him to avoid alcohol without any big problems.
Iam 40 yrs old ,and having a habit of smoking since 10-15 yrs (4-5 cigaretts perday) ,since one year i am feeling very drowsy after taking my meals ,also i have thick cough in morning ,also i have severe pain in my right ankle ,which is severe in morning then mild thruout the day. Kinldy help me in identifying the problems /desease ?
I am 46 yrs old I am having cholesterol for last 4 yrs i'm taking strvastatin 1omg and clopitab A. Is there any alternative to stain drugs and any method to control cholesterol.
Hi, I am just 27 year old, some time suffering from high bp, Please specify reason for high BP & how to I maintain, Please suggest.
I am 25 year old boy from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it symptom of heart disease?
I am 31 years old. Last time I had checked my b.p and it was 150/100 but later after diet control its normal to 120/80, sometimes still it gets high then low. As I believed my parents are also having b.p problems I may have followed them. Genetically, but m not taking medicines and maintaining my diet, and most of times its normal. But it effecting my psychologically and am so afraid to eat any food and take lemon. Juice every now and then. And I get tensed and nervous about it. Help.
Dr. Whether eating boiled egg is good or bad? Whether it increases my body weight or cholesterol? Please clarify. Thanks.
After a very normal stress test last year, the 2D Echo shows mild pulmonary arterial hypertension!I have absolutely no symptoms, am very active physically, just mildly allergic. How can this be possible? The cardiologist cum PH specialist says there is nothing to worry about the echo readings. What do I do?
Health tip - green tea for healthy heart
Most of us begin our day with a cup of tea and an expert suggests replacing the commonly consumed black tea with green tea. The benefits are as follows
1. The antioxidants in green tea help to burn fat which accumulates leads to blockage of heart.
2. Recommended for people who suffer from heart ailments as it makes heart strong due to its vital antioxidants properties
3. Increses good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol in the body.
4. Along with this do follow exercise, quit smoking, lose weight, cut down carbohydrates and increase fibre natural source of vegetables and fruits in the diet
Hello. For the past 10 days. My mom's blood pressure is more than the normal. 140/90. Her age is 42. What steps are to be taken to get it to the normal. Please help.
My cousin had a chest pain last year September. Then he went to Cardiologist and they did angiography, they told him that he's having a block and they did angioplasty put a stent. Doctor advice him to have a medicine for 1 yr. His blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol level is normal last month he stopped his medicines without consulting his doctor. He is only taking ecosprin only. Is that Ohkk?
I am 20 year old male. From few days I am suffering a kind of intense chest pain. My heart aches badly. What can be the cause. What is to be recommended. P.S I am a moderate smoker. I puff few times a day.
I am 30 years old in my heart valves are problem. I am attend 2 times ballonsurgery. Till now same problem. Can I take ballon surgery or which surgery is best?
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
Chest pain which is related to any heart disease such as heart attack usually has symptoms like:
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to visit a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
High Blood Pressure damages the body slowly but surely. It amplifies the risk of heart problems and even early death. The increased pressure of blood travelling through the arteries puts a strain on the arterial walls damaging the heart, brain and the kidneys. High B.P. can also cause effects like dizziness, inability to sleep properly or cramps in legs. Fortunately, you can avoid the risk of these life threatening complications by reducing your B.P. naturally without medication.
Here are 5 effective ways to do so –
1. Go for Soya: Replace some of the refined Carbohydrates in your diet with foods that are rich in soya such as tofu or you can sometimes use soya bean oil. Soya is rich in proteins and has high content of insoluble fibre and helps to lower systolic blood pressure.
2. Magic of Herbs: Herbs like basil, cinnamon, garlic, cardamom and celery are highly effective in bringing down Blood Pressure and work like magic. They can be added to food to enhance flavour or as supplements.
3. Calcium Packed Yoghurt: Intake of more than 800 mgs of calcium is known to reduce the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 23 percent in contrast to people consuming less than 400 mg. Low fat dairy products especially yoghurt are a great source of calcium and you can enjoy 2-3 helpings daily to lower your Blood Pressure.
4. Dark Magic: Dark Chocolate contains Polyphenols that protect against high BP and other heart and vascular diseases. You can enjoy natural unsweetened cocoa powder or unsweetened dark chocolate and have the pleasure of not only its wonderful taste but also get its blood pressure lowering benefits.
5. Limit your Fructose: Limiting the intake of salt is an important yet common advice for High Blood Pressure but limiting Fructose is equally crucial one. Fructose is a simple sugar found in most fruits and some vegetables. Fruits like mango, banana, apple, lychee etc., fruit juices, table sugar, corn syrup, honey, sugar alcohols are all high in fructose. When digested fructose breaks down into uric acid which elevates BP. So, if you wish to control your BP, you must reduce your intake of foods having high levels of Fructose.
In short, you have to avoid not only excessive salt but sugar too to keep away from hypertension!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.