Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh Kumar JainYour feedback matters!
My dad 67 years old previous years he had 3 operation 1. 2012 Heart attack 3 block admitted in godbole thane operation successful done. 2. After 3 months problem in prostate size was increased laser operation done. 3. After 8 months dad slipped at home and hip gets cracked and the hip gets replaced artificial and after 3 year still hip pain a lot he walk properly but sometime hip gets stuck and we had gone to bone specialists they see x-ray of the hip and they said that we have to do re operation. What to do?
I went for a medical check up in may 2016. I am 47 years old. No first degree relatives having breast cancer. My mammogram showed regional puncuated microcalcifications. Since the calcifications were near chest wall radiologist said its not feasible to di biopsy. She suggested MRI and conclusion is fibrocystic disease and birads2. It explains I have no other abnormality. That means I do not have a problem? Is microcalcifications I have is not serious? I was asked to take ultrasound in sep 2016. Fibrocystic changes and it also says no evidence of microcalcifications. So now microcalcifications disappeared? I am worried a lot. Am advised to take A to Z gold capsule one per day and am taking it for the past 5 months. Is it good to take? Please confirm.
After Radiation for oral cancer, I got dry mouth and burning sensation on tongue, can it be restored? If could be restored then how?
Hello I am 26 year old female and not yet married. From 2 days I feel lump or some hardness in right breast area. Is it a breast cancer? it is possible for unmarried girl if yes so what should I do? please reply as soon as possible.
I lose my mother because she is suffering Cancer I realize many woman in the country for suffering cancer and I help for those woman who suffering the cancer.
I am 48 year old man. I have prostate problem .Igo to urine at least 20 time in 24 hours. However my urine flow normal. L have done ultrasound xray .l cannot take sound sleep at night. What should I do.
She is not pregnant now, but her both breast secrets some milky white substance, when some presser give on the breast. I am so afraid. Is this serious issue?
How is cancer caused and how can I avoid, is it true that cancer caused by having something from plastic.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.