Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello doctor I have been suffering from rubella (german measles) I have had headache, cough and cold, red eyes since 2 days I am 21 years old male I want to know the cases of this disease.
Sir, my daughter 6 years old suffers from regular cold and suffers from heavy cough. In such condition she suffers from RESPIRATORY problem. We treat her with nebulization (Asthalin or duolin) but its a temporary relief. Regularly she suffers from high itching and rashes at body joints, especially hands joints, legs, throat, chest. How to get rid of this problem permanently.
Hello Doctors, My son having 4 months age and from yesterday he is having cold so we given CORIMINIC drops - 4 ml once in the morning as per doctor earlier prescribed. If it is not clear can we give one more time the same drop today evening? And also it will be great if you are suggesting anything. Thanks.
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother
My son is 3 and half years old. He is suffering from cough and cold for last few months. I am treated my child for allopathic and homeopathy doctor but he didn't recover. He is very week. He is very slim but active. Last summers he is suffering from typhoid. Please suggest the medicine pls.
My daughter got fever when she was vaccinated at 6 weeks and 10 weeks , but at at 14 weeks , she doesn't got any fever. Is it normal or should I need to see a doctor ?
Hi, my baby is 3 months old. He is doing poti once in 3 days and it is in green colour smelling a lot. Is that any problem? Please suggest me the solution.
My sister's baby's age 41 days. His vaccination (PENTAVALENT +OPV1) is on 06.04. 2016. When can he be given ROTAVIRUS 1 Vaccine?
My sister's baby girl is having little temperature from last three days and their family were still giving bath to the baby. Today after bath baby was not properly behaving as always. And yesterday baby was also taken out at 5: 00pm. And also during feeding the baby is removing some milk out from her mouth. We visited a doctor today. Doctor said it is usual and gave drops of viral infection. What would you recommend. Any test?
My son is six years and eight months old. He is having problem of bedwetting, I have tried but still he has not overcome with this problem, kindly suggest what should so that he can overcome this problem.
My baby has dark patch on his face since birth which has become darker. He is 1 year old wat is the remedy for this.
My son has 2 and half months old. Mother milk feeding baby he is. How much amount of water must needed this baby per a day? He is suffering with constipation. What should we do now.
She is taking milk from bottle since birth. She was properly sucking the bottle's nipple. But as she turned 1. She started holding bottle by herself and slowly stopped sucking the bottle's nipple. Now the stage is. She holds the bottle for 1 hour in her mouth and doesn't drinks even 30 ml of milk from that bottle. How should I again train her to suck the nipple. Please help.
My ward has no fever, no cough, and no symptoms of tb but montox test will come positive. So we can believe that tb, and if what type of treatment can we take?
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.