Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Kumar JainYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from prostate bph since ten years. Size 4.1 4 4.2cm weight 37g residual 5oml.At preset I am taking one urimax d per day .But recently burning sensation of prostate and frequency of urinisation increased. Now I am takiing tab bacstol 100 mg since 5days.But no noticeable releif.L am also suffering from low back pain and neck pain.Is it becauce of prostate.Kindly advice.L cant go surgery because I am an acute heart patient having underwent bypass surgery 17 years ago.
Hi, I'm a 25 year old male suffering from skin problems in the genital area. There are many ring like structures in that area. Sometimes it disappears and again re occur as a white color ring. This has been prevailing for almost a month. Please provide a permanent solution to cure this. Thanks!
i want to know For applying skin brightening serum. Another fact is my face dull after using skinlite 0nly 5 days. Its very dangerous. Now my face is became little. Better. So now applying serum or lotion, its better for skin brightening, n its ingredients.===purified water. Sunflower oil, olive oil, almond oil, glycerol strarate, style alcohol, stearic acid, ceto cetyl alcohol, peg-100 glucostearate, kojic acid, sodium ascorbyl, phosphate, alpha arbutin, gluceryl cocoate, demethicon, lemon extract, mulberry extract, mallow extract, peppermint leaf extract, benozophenon-4 titanium dioxide, soya protein, milk protein,(casein, saffron extract phenoxy ethanol, carbomer 940, tacopherol Acetate, fragrance, its all ingredients.which cream might be suitable?
I am 27 years old having dark circle under eyes. What should I do? I am taking seabuckthorn pills from 1 month which contains omegas & vitamins and using aloe vera eye gel but no results I found.
I am 23 year old boy. My name is ram. I am too black how can I change color? Send me the real advice.
I am 34 year old male, I am having skin infection on upper lid of genital area, the skin is having cuts on upper end, form one month. It heals with fourderm ointment but appears again after intercorse. Please advice what medication to take.
My colour complexion is whitish I tried many such of things for fair complexion but I failed every time I reached this decision that when internal body will be fit then I will be look beautiful and fine so please tell me what should I do for improve my personality.
I'm in medium colour, but I want fair & white skin tone is there any possibility if so pls prescribe with proper medicine.
Dr. I am hvng dark circles under my eyes hw do I overcome this problem gng under inferiority complex.
Acne vulgaris is a skin disease that causes pimples. It begins in the skin’s oil glands.
Oil travels onto the surface of the skin via a canal called the hair follicle. Pimples pop up when the hair, oil and cells in the follicle form a plug, which clogs the pore. This allows for the bacteria that normally live on the skin to grow and multiply in the clogged pore and when your body’s defense system attacks these bacteria, the area gets inflamed resulting in an unsightly pimple.
Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders and just about anyone can get these zits. No one knows exactly what causes acne in adults. Contrary to what you may have heard, pimples are not caused by dirty skin, but dirt may aggravate acne and so does stress.
Types of acne
Acne can be two types:
- White heads - If the clogged follicle stays beneath the skin and you get a whitish zit, it’s called a white head.
- Black heads - If the plugged follicle reaches the skin surface, you get a blackish bump called a black head. The blackness is because the sebum or oil darkens on the skin’s surface due to exposure to air.
Who is susceptible?
- Anyone can get pimples, but people who are undergoing hormonal changes like adolescents and pregnant women are more susceptible. An increase in levels of certain hormones during puberty can cause the skin oil cells to enlarge and make more oil.
- Adult women become predisposed when they stop taking the contraceptive pill or begin taking it, as this causes a hormonal see-saw too.
- Studies suggest that you can also inherit a tendency to have acne. So genes play a role.
- Certain drugs can cause acne.
- Oily cosmetics can clog pores, leading to acne.
Prevention of Acne
There is no sure way to prevent acne, but try these measures to prevent severe breakouts –
- Wash your face often if you have oily skin.
- Try oil-free cosmetics. Choose products labeled ‘noncomedogenic’, which do not promote the formation of closed pores.
- Always wash after exercising because sweat can clog your skin pores and make your existing acne worse.
- Remember to wash your face and other areas prone to acne as soon as possible, especially after cooking hot, greasy food.
- If you use stuff like hair sprays or styling gels, make sure that you keep them away from your face as much as possible as these products contain oils that can make acne worse. Always try to use water-based products if you are prone to acne.
- If you get acne on your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes as these can rub against the acne and cause irritation.
- Never try to pop or squeeze a zit as this can push infected skin and pus deeper into your skin, which can lead to more swelling and redness.
- Wash hair often if you have an oily or dandruff-prone scalp.
Treatment of acne
- It usually takes time to find a product that works for your skin. Over-the-counter (OTC) products come in different strengths. The ingredient that works for most people is benzoyl peroxide. Another ingredient, salicylic acid, is also very effective as it helps to dry up pimples.
- It's best to seek a dermatologist's advice if you find OTC products aren't working for you. He or she will prescribe special gels, creams or pills to fight stubborn acne.
Hello Doctor, hope you are doing good. Truly am very much interested in Glutathione pills for skin whitening and lightening. So please suggest me the best brand. My age is 29yrs, Female. Please give me a honest answer I will be grateful to you.
I used to work whole day outside so during these work during summer has affected adversely to my skin .tanned my whole body so how is tan can be removed.
To prevent deep vein thrombosis, some common preventive measures include the following:
- Take any prescribed medications as directed. If you're having surgery, such as orthopedic surgery, you'll probably be given blood thinners while you're in the hospital. Your doctor may also prescribe aspirin or other medications that help prevent clots to be taken for a while after surgery.
Avoid sitting still. If you've had surgery or have been on bed rest for other reasons, try to get moving as soon as possible. If you're sitting for a while, try not to cross your legs because this can limit blood flow. If you're traveling a long distance by car, stop every hour or so and walk around.
If you're on a plane, try to stand or walk occasionally. If you can't do that, at least try to exercise your lower legs. Try raising and lowering your heels while keeping your toes on the floor, then raising your toes while your heels are on the floor.
- Make lifestyle changes. Lose weight and quit smoking. Obesity and smoking increase your risk of deep vein thrombosis.
- Get regular exercise. Exercise lowers your risk of blood clots, which is especially important for people who have to sit a lot or travel frequently.
I have pimples kind of thing over my face but more on forehead I have oily skin too I have tried all kinds creams not working. please help me?
I have pimples, blemishes and sunspots over my face. My skin is oily. What should I do to get rid of all these? Suggest me any natural way.
I have accident scare on my face before some time I asked the same question and Lybrate doctors give me good advice and that time my scare mark is black nad now my scare mark is reddish so kindly tell me doctors how can I remove for redness. And clear skin.
I have small holes on my face Caused by chicken pox will you pls tell me how to get ride of that pls.
What you eat has a direct effect on your skin; eat healthy and your skin looks healthy, eat unhealthy food and your skin looks dull. Eating right can even fight signs of aging thus, negating the need for procedures like Botox. Not only does it cost less, but healthy food boosts your overall health as well.
Here are 6 such foods that can help you fight signs of aging and give you a flawless complexion.
Turmeric: Turmeric is well known for its yellow colour and anti-inflammatory properties. Many home remedies suggest the use of turmeric for a number of health ailments including skin conditions. Turmeric can fight signs of aging by reducing inflammation and oxidation. This, in turn, helps the skin heal faster. This spice can be added to your food or mixed with warm milk to benefit from it.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich sources of vitamin C and lycopene. Vitamin C helps stimulate the production of collagen and hence keeps the skin firm while lycopene protects the skin against harmful UV radiation. As a general rule of thumb, the deeper red the tomato is, the better it is.
Berries: Berries such as blueberries and raspberries are excellent sources of Vitamin E and antioxidants that fight against the effects of pollution and rids the body of free radicals and other toxins that cause premature aging. These berries also have anthocyanins that boost the effects of vitamin C
Honey: Honey can be eaten or applied topically on the skin to benefit from it. Honey helps keep the body hydrated by absorbing moisture and preventing the skin from drying out. It also has antibacterial properties that prevent acne and other breakouts. Ideally, honey should be used and consumed in its raw, unprocessed form.
Nuts: Nuts are a great snack that keeps your skin looking young and fresh. Almonds are excellent sources of vitamin E that help fight acne, psoriasis and eczema among other skin ailments. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that keep the skin soft and supple. Brazil nuts are also rich sources of vitamin E. However, keep in mind the high calorific value of these nuts and do not overindulge in them.
Avocados: Avocados are filled with essential fatty acids that moisturize and nourish skin. They are also rich in Vitamin B, C and E. While vitamin C boosts collagen production, vitamin E maintains the elasticity of skin and prevents sagging. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.