Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. Prashar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R. PrasharYour feedback matters!
Ageing is not the only factor that brings hearing impairment. The causes are many. Certain medications, continuous exposure to loud noise, genetic involvement, injury and some medical conditions may cause hearing loss.
- You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
- Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
- You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
- You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
- Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
I have masturbation habit since 7 years, So by this problem my penis is very weak. Now I am quitting masturbation habit but I am not able to stop my urges so in 1 week I do 3 times masturbation. And my penis is going very weak and my penis head is becoming red small veins are showing on it. After 2 or 3 days. They go. But some part not. And one problem is my testicles are very small due to masturbation habit now I am going to stop it so I want some tablet to boost up my penis health and sperm production too. Please don't say masturbation is not as bad try some other activities like play games etc etc I have researched all over 5 years and know everything about penis. Which hormone, vitamin mineral means everything you should only suggest me only tablet and suggestion. Descriptions about that tablet. And why you suggest me that particular tablet and any suggestions if you want to give. With due respect.
Good evening sir; hello my wife is 22 years old and recently about 10-12 days before and then daily she pass stool with blood but blood in small amount but today she pass stool with large amount of blood and she also suffering from vaginal itching redness and inflammation Dr. please consult us what should we do .thanks.
Hi, I am 27 years, MY urine test report. Urine :104 mg and creatinine: 14, and doctors told me your kidney seems very small and weak and You have to replace. Is there any possible for strengthening of my existing kidney in any allopathic or homeopathic.
I am 25 year old male. I am profound moderate hearing loss. All ENT Results Are Say Use Hearing Aid. But Disable Going Increase day by day. Unable to speak in mobile not hearing proper words. I want solution to cure any medicine or surgery. Last 5 years affected in deaf in both ear.
Did you know that some carbohydrates can make your blood sugar shoot up faster than others? So, when you eat a lot of these good slower acting carbs, you can potentially control your blood sugar levels. The glycemic index is a handy tool that indicates the slow acting good carbs from the fast bad carbs.
What is glycemic index?
It is a simple number that lets you know how fast your body converts carbohydrates in your food into glucose. Two foods with the same number of carbohydrates can end up having different glycemic index numbers. The bigger the number, the higher impact it has on your blood sugar levels.
- 55 or less is low and good for controlling sugar
- 56-69 is mediocre
- 70 or higher indicates a high number and is not so good
Where to Look for the glycemic index or GI?
Look for the indication on the labels of packaged food. You can also find the glycemic index for common foods on the Internet or ask your dietician for the same. Also, keep in mind that natural foods like fruits and veggies have a lower glycemic index than refined or processed foods.
Benefits of low glycemic diet
If you have diabetes, a diet with low glycemic foods can help you manage your condition better.
- Enhance your cholesterol levels
- Help in weight management
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Help you stay full for a long time
- Increase your energy levels
- Controls blood sugar spikes
Carbohydrates act as an essential fuel for the body. Instead of limiting all carbs, focus on eating the healthy variants. A glycemic index is a great tool that can quickly help you to identify the good carbs from the bad ones.
Find the right balance
If a food has a high GI, does it mean you should avoid consuming it? Well, not necessarily the glycemic index should not be the prime consideration when making choices about what to eat, you should also consider other nutrients. For example, potato chips have a low GI than oatmeal. Also, the portion size of the food matters. It is good to offset a food high in GI with a food low in GI. If you take a food that has a high glycemic index during the day, be sure to balance it with a food that has a lower glycemic index in the night.
Keep in mind that when you eat a well-balanced meal full of protein, fats and carbohydrates, the digestion of the food that has a high GI slows down and shoots up the blood sugar level. So, it is important to find the right balance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.