Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. K. Srivastava
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R. K. SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 years. She does not eat properly. Her weight is 12.5 kg. I am worried she will suffer from vitamin deficiency. Can I give her multivitamin syrup. Now she is having cold and cough since3days. Should I give her multivitamin along with cough and cold medicine. Our pediatrician has prescribed iron supplement. But whenever I give it to her she suffers from loose motion on the next day. What is the correct way to give iron supplement so that she does not suffer from acidity and loose motions.
My 4 year girl has 101 fever and too much cold I give her paracetamol but fever came again after some time what can I give her.
My nephew is very naughty and he don't obey us. We will not want beat him but he is so naughty boy how we control him.
Hello, I gave birth via c sec ; days back.I get breast milk but irrespective of how much time i give feed he is not satisfied and top feed needs to be given.Please help me?
Hi, I have new born daughter borned on 01/01/2016. Since last 40 days she is not eating well (breast feeding). When ever her mom feed her she starts crying and refusing to eat. After several attempts she is eating but after crying. We checked with 2 pediatrician and both said she is fine as she is.
I have an allergy of drink curd, buttermilk, yogurt .as I recently undergo section I heard these food items are must in reducing heat as I am breastfeeding my child it is also keeps baby body cool. Is it correct. If so suggest me alternative way for that curd. please help me out .if I did not takrle those products will it really cause heat for my baby.
My baby is 4 months old. I was breastfeeding him since his birth but at 3rd month he started refusing to breastfeed. He was suffering form cold so I started giving him bottle. Now he is fine but still he is not ready to breastfeed. Its been a month he stopped taking breastfeed. He starts screaming when I carry him to breastfeed. I am in big problem that what to do so that he start taking my feed. Please help me.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.