Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasan Deep Rath
Submit a review for Dr. Prasan Deep RathYour feedback matters!
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy with heat or ice packs works by stimulating the healing force of your own body. Cool packs lessen swelling by tightening veins. On the other hand, warm packs on painful areas widen veins. That expands the stream of blood, oxygen, and different supplements and speeds the elimination of toxins from the body.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which a person finds it difficult to fall asleep or to stay asleep. Insomnia also includes poor sleep quality, restless sleep, waking up several times during sleep, and feeling un-refreshed or tired after waking up. Homeopathy provides a very safe, effective and non-habit forming treatment of both types of insomnia — acute and chronic. Since the homeopathic medicines are sourced from natural substances, there are no side-effects.
- While insomnia lasting less than a month is considered acute, if the condition continues for more than a month, it is referred to as chronic insomnia. There are various causes of insomnia. The prominent ones are stress, grief, depression, emotional disturbance, intake of stimulants like coffee and alcohol, and a huge number of medical reasons (like heart diseases, breathing disorders, thyroid problems, and rheumatoid arthritis). Insomnia is also one of the major concerns in elderly people.
- Homoeopathy has natural remedies to cure this disorder permanently
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.