Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SinghYour feedback matters!
Dr. Has advised punarva mandur, kanchanar guggul, kumbhajatu twoi tab each two times daily, 2/3 times green tea along with diet control for my wife 53 yrs, 5'3, weight 136 kg, bp & sugar control med allopathic) c'nt do exercise and walking, Dr. Says water consistency is much more, body has swelling, are these medicines r good for her and what should she eat/ drink?
Hi I am having irregular periods from the time they have started from 6th class means when I was 11 and now i am 17 years old .my cycle is still irregular. There is a gap of 2 to 3 months my height is not increasing please suggest me something. I have much facial hair growth. Help me.
Hi Pregnancy ke kaunse month tk sex krr sakte hai? Aur pregnancy me bina condom ke sex krne se second child bhi ho sakta hai kya?
Hi Always I want sex from my husband but my husband is not ready to do only one time in a month so I am getting depression What to do pls guide me.
My bf use sometimes his fingers to rub my clitoris. Insert his fingers to my vagina. Problem is now I'm addict to this. Is this causes any side effects? How can control it. Please help.
I am 25 female. In the month of january I gave birth to a baby girl. And she is three months now. I was in physical contact with my husband. From two to three weeks on wards im getting few time spotting nausea headache weakness cramping and pain in my lower abdomen during in contact with my husband. Is this happens after delivery or is it signs of another pregnancy?
I m 26 years female and want to know as whenever I conceive after 2 months I had miscarriage doctors r saying that my uterus is weak. Will I be able to become a mother throughout my life?
Sir since two months I dint get periods sir I heard that there are good medicines in Ayurved. How about rajapravartini bati. Or is there best medicine than that. My marriage settled. Give good advice for treatment.
I am 50 years old female diagnosed with cervicitis in ultrasound scan. My mother 74 yrs of age was diagnosed with ovarian adenexa mass and was operated and without chemo on tomaxifen leading normal life. Do I hv any chance of having cancer in life as I have heard it is in genes,
I had cesarian delivery. My baby 11 month year old. I got too much fat on stomach and back. Kindly suggest.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.