Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoonamYour feedback matters!
I get pains in period but morning time when I awake then come period, why,causes in pain? Please advice me.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus causebladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My Last cycle is on 6th June I started regestrone 5 mg on 21st June 3/Day for 3 days. As per My gums advice. My question is will my periods vl prepare or not? If nt what should I do?
The area in and around anal region is some time affected with pain swelling and pus or watery discharges. This abnormal presentation may be due to anal fistula. It is characterized by a nodular swelling in or around anal region with occasional pain and watery or blood mixed pus discharge. The symptoms might be mild but as the time passes the fistulous tract may become deep and develop multiple branches with multiple openings. This makes the treatment more difficult. Therefore it is always advisable as soon as this condition is diagnosed it should be treated promptly to avoid further complications.
Causes: The causes of anal fistula are many. The major reason is the formation of pus. Incompletely cured abscess, microbial infection, ulcers, inflammation of anus and the region around it, and complications that arise out of a surgery can cause the anal fistula. The individuals suffering with diabetes, ulcerative colitis, malignancies and also individuals undergoing chemo or radiotherapy or having some other immune compromised conditions are prone to develop anal fistula.
Treatment: Practically it has been noticed that any amount of oral medications either from allopathy/ homeopathy or Ayurveda is not of much help. In allopathy the surgeons usually advice Fistulectomy i.e. complete excision of fistulous tract or VAAFT – Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment. However in both these case a fairly high incidence of recurrence has been noticed. In Ayurvedic surgery; Fistula has been categorized among eight diseases which are difficult to cure. A highly specific Ksharsutra procedure has been advised in Ayurvedic surgery to treat this problem. Subsequently, efficacy of this Ksharsutra therapy was compared with surgery in 1991. This clinical trial was conducted by Indian Council of Medical research at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh. They have clearly reported that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective as compared to surgery in the patients of Anal fistula. The recent concept of Graded Ksharsutra has further improved the efficacy of this therapy. Facility of Graded KsharsutraTM is available only at Sushruta Ano rectal Institute Rohini; New Delhi.
Ksharsutra Therapy: It is a highly specific and most effective amongst all available treatments for the patients of Anal Fistula. In this treatment; the first step consists of proper identification of fistulous tract with respect to depth, direction and branching pattern. This is usually achieved by careful probing or taking the help of MRI Fistulogram, Ultrasound etc. One the tract has been defined Ksharsutra is placed in the tract with the help of malleable probes under local anesthesia. Since there is no injury to the soft tissue hence no pain or bleeding is expected after this treatment. Patient can continue his routine activities as usual from the very first day. The Ksharsutra – medicated thread is changed at weekly interval. Usually the Fistula heals @ 0.5 to 1 cm per sitting. Therefore the anal fistula which is 4-6 cm long they usually heal in 8-10 sittings. After Ksharsutra Treatment the sphincter control remains normal and the fistula heals completely.
I am suffering from breast pain and itching so much for last one week I am only 25 years girl please tell me it reason and what to do.
How much amount folic acid I have to consume daily becoz I am finding folic acid tablets of 5 mg .is it safe to take 5 mg daily? And up to how many days I have to take as I am trying to conceive.
I am 21 years old and my girlfriend is 20 years old. My girlfriend want to do intercourse with me. But I want to do a safe sex. So doctor please tell me what I have to do in safe sex. So that he cannot become pregnant.
1. Diabetes:- bitter gourd has multiple health #benefits. It is mostly consumed for triggering the blood sugar level. Diabetes is a common ailment that affects many people today. Regular intake of bitter gourd juice helps prevent the rise of blood #sugar levels. It also helps cure insulin resistance without taking any external medication.
2. Antioxidant: - karela juice is an excellent natural antioxidant. An antioxidant is essential for removing toxins from the body. At the same time, it helps to rejuvenate the body cells and prevents free radicals. The juice of #karela is the finest tonic for those who are addicted to smoking. Taking karela juice helps to cleanse the nicotine layer from the system.
3. Asthma:- asthma patients can highly benefit by having karela juice. It helps cure a chronic cough and breathing problems by removing the sputum that accumulates in the lungs and the respiratory tract.
4. Skin:- karela juice is excellent for the skin. It helps to remove the fine lines from the upper surface of the skin. Having this juice will also prevent premature ageing. It helps cure and purify blood from within the system.
5. Digestion:- karela juice enhances digestion. It increases the production of enzymes that aid the digestion process.
6. Weight loss:- bitter gourd is excellent for weight loss. Karela benefits to weight loss are attributed to its high fibre and low carbohydrates and calories content. It makes an ideal diet for those who are on a weight loss program.