Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyushi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"
I am suffering in influenza since fifteen day many medicine has been tried but no result. Please give me a solution to recover
I having lasik operation In 2015, August.during operation I realized that my vision is clear like crystal .but giving drops its hazy. Nd doctors says it's gradually clear nd your power of eye not totally clear in operation but 0.75. The vision is cleared but problem in long distance. Then doctors says that this is the problem of dryness .then the drop (REFRESH liquid GEL) started. After this when drops give in eye, in that moment the vision is cleared. But after some hours its in same. What solution you suggest sir?
Please tell me I am having heavy hair fall for the past 2 months, what I need to do, im in hyderabad. I am 23 yrs old.
I am 21 years old I am not able to sleep at night, I think due to anxiety or stress so I don't feel energetic so can anyone suggest me a sleeping pill or tablet which is effective for me?
I am chandan kumar from Biharsharif I want to know about losing my hair problem please give solution about losing hair.
My mother is of around 50 years now and she is getting her bones weak and sometimes her legs also shivers while standing. What should I do?
I want to ask that does infection or itching in crotch area cause odd smell? It is summer season and I get itching and infection in my crotch area and sometimes it smells very odd.
My father age is 50 year. Diet is not problem for him. My father want strong and fit body muscular body good stamina. For all these things give some useful advise and recommend medicine and other external source.
It's almost 15 days ago I played cricket which I don't play regularly .while batting I got a sprain in my left side of lower back and for 2 -3 days I couldn't move from the bed .I tried volini sprayed ,mustard oil massage ,cold pack. It got normal after 4-5 days .But when I am in resting position like sleeping or sitting I can feel the pain .Pain is not there when I am walking. Pls advice what should I do and whom to consult .Do not drink or smoke .Also I never had any kind of back pain or injury in the past.
I have stretch marks on my shoulder and back. Do they heal with time or I have to use any type of medications.
My cold not healing from 6 months, ,mucus still came out of throat, every time ,what is the solution.
Hi, I'm 24 years, weight 58.5. Recently I change city delhi- ambala. Since I changed the city till I got skin problem or could be allergy, itching problem and red dot on a particular portion. Kindly give some solution of it.
I got addicted masturbating I'm trying to get out of it but that urge takes me to that extent to the pleasure I need to get out of it at any cost please help me and I am also trying to gain weight but this is killing me.
GOOD: Get help from a professional. I am here to support you.
BAD: Many others face bigger problems in life and are not depressed. Be confident.
UGLY: Don't be a weak hearted person. Don't act like this purposefully.