Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Pavan SarinYour feedback matters!
I have a back pain from three days, & then back is burnt, because of the hot weather, please suggest me top medicines for that.
To enquire about the side effects of fibrous I was taking medicines for treatment of joint/muscles pain due to chikungunya. The pain has increased after use of fibrovas .should I stop taking this medicines.
I have knee problem from last 3 years. And also have problem in my legs when I got long walk. What should I do for this?
Hi dear doctors, am 23 years old male, when ever am doing weight lifting work am getting right side leg pain and right side lower back pain, also right side testicle pain may I know wts the reason, before I went under ultrasound test in that report, result came normal, please ans me.
With age we often experience gradual wear and tear of our body parts, which leads to slow down of body functions. Wear and tear of bones and joints often make movement difficult in various parts, such as hands, hips, legs, knees, ankles, etc. Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis are a two serious and common conditions where wear and tear of the bone is significant. The pain and stiffness in the affected joints vary, but for most people, restricted movement is the main issue. The relieving news is that there are effective, natural methods in Ayurveda which are tested over centuries and used even to date.
These methods aim at improving stiffness, pain control, controlling progression of inflammation, reversal of damage (if not severe), improving range of motion, improving strength and improving overall energy levels.
Ayurveda believes that body’s health is managed with the balance between three vital elements that is vata, pitta, and kapha. Arthritis (both osteo and rheumatoid variety) is believed to be related to vata and arthritis is also known as sandhivata (sandhi meaning joint).
Treatment includes overall body treatment and focused treatment of the affected joint. Oral medicines, oils and external applicants, detoxification and rejuvenation through panchakarma, diet changes, healthy lifestyle are all part of the treatment regimen. Oil and external application on the overall body and affected joints will help lubricate the joints and will allow easy movement. This will help reduce stiffness and improve range of motion.
Dietary changes: Reduce fats, sugar, salt and alcohol. Include a lot more of fish, soy, olive oil, low-fat dairy products, broccoli, green tea, citrus fruits, whole grains, beans, garlic and nuts and seeds. In addition to protein, these have various ingredients, which are useful for bone health and act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Some common panchakarma treatments include:
- Choorna Kizhi, where the person is made to assume different positions and mixtures of various herbs are applied to make the person sweat profusely.
- Abhyangam is a special oil massage lasting 45 minutes that the patient undergoes for 14 days. In addition to arthritis, it also helps control body ache, fight obesity, revitalises the whole system, induces sleep, and helps fight stress.
- Njavarakizhi is similar to the earlier Choorna Kizhi, various oils are used to massage the whole body while the patient is made to sit in different positions. There is also a Njavara rice that is cooked in milk to make a porridge and fed to the patient. This again is continued for 14 days.
The key to managing this condition is to seek help in as early stages of the disease as possible. When there are risk factors that put you at risk, reach out to seek medical help as soon as you realise onset of symptoms.
There are many situations under which people may go through joint or muscle damage. There are other portions that may also go through the side effects of such damage. During the damage, a knee ligament might be overstretched (sprained), or at times even torn. A ligament tear can be incomplete (only a portion of the filaments that make up the tendon are torn) or complete (the tendon is torn totally). Knee tendon wounds can bring about pain, swelling, wounding and lessen the movement of your knee. Your knee joint may feel unsteady and you may walk with a limp.
There are four tendons in the knee that could get damage:
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the two noteworthy tendons in the knee. It connects the thighbone and the shinbone in the knee.
- The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is the second significant tendon in the knee also connecting the thighbone to the shinbone in the knee.
- The lateral collateral ligament (LCL) connects the thighbone to the fibula, the littler bone of the lower leg on the parallel or external side of the knee.
- The medial collateral ligament (MCL) additionally connects the thighbone to the shinbone on the medial or inside of the knee.
Side effects can include the following:
- A popping sound or feeling at the time of the injury can in some cases be heard if a ligament is entirely torn.
- Swelling of your knee. When a tendon is harmed, there might be some bleeding inside your knee joint from the harmed tendon. This can lead to knee swelling. The level of swelling will rely upon the seriousness of the damage. Minor ligament sprains may bring about a little amount of swelling, though totally torn ligaments may cause more damage.
- Pain in your knee. Once again, the level of pain depends upon the seriousness of the knee damage.
- Your knee might ache even on touching it.
- Chondromalacia patella is a condition in which the cartilage under the knee cap becomes softer.
- A feeling that your knee is might not be stable or even if you would be able to stand on it. This may make you limp. This too depends upon how serious the damage to the tendon is.
- Wounds around your knee can occur at times. It might take some time to heal.
Treatments that can help elevate the pain are as follows:
- Rest the knee
- Ice your knee to get rid of pain and swelling
- Apply compression on your knee
- Raise your knee on a pad when you are sitting or resting
- Wear a knee brace to balance the knee
- Take painkillers as recommended by your specialist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am a married female wid a son of abt 4 years old. I am 34. I hv throat pain fr abt a year. My ESR is 30. Typhi h is positive to 160. My TSH is 5.73.These days I am feeling extremely fatigued. Specially knees n legs below knees r all d time fatigued. Pain in throat and legs and lower back. Kindly suggest smthng.
I works in office for 10 hours in roaming. I am getting legs pain. Does it effect health. Wat should I do to over come this problem.
I am 55 years. Have sugar levels under control. Since last 8 months I am experienced pains in both knees. Kindly advise what kind of precautions/medicine have to take.
Are you in your 30s or 40s and frequently experience frequent neck, back or shoulder pain? do you feel tired easily or feel weak inspite of a regular routine of jogging? may your core is to blame for that.
Core muscles of the body include the shoulder, chest, back and pelic muscles. A strong core is quintessential requirement for mainting a fit and healthy body.
Poor core strength leads to poor posture, frequent neck, shoulder and back pain and easy fatiguability in performing physical tasks.
Thus if you want to avoids such health problems you should incorporate some form of core strenghthening exercises. Choose from a mix of swimming, plank, burpee, superman exercises (u can google what these exercises and u'l find plenty of links) in addition to your routine jogging/walkingetc. U'l see plenty of youtube videos on core strengthening.
A strong core leads to a strong and fit body. Happy exercising.