Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Epidemiologists in India. You will find Epidemiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Epidemiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Parth PrasadYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from cold cough and throat pain due to whether change. Suggest me what type of home remedies or medication I have take.
I have a problem of cough & cold when weather changes or when I come in contact with impurity, dust. What shall I do?
Age 58. Constant cough in throat. Required to clean throat frequently. Complaint for last 7 years. Chest is always quite clear. No congestion. Anti allergic and other medicines taken. No change. Presently taking Parit 20 for acidity. 1 tab per day. No other medicine, No other complaint, BP, DM etc.
Hi I am suffering from Throat infection and cold/cough since 2 years. All blood test seems fine but I am not getting relief. I have tried allopathy and Homeopathy also but not getting complete relief. Could you please suggest something? Thanks.
I m male 21 and I m having high fever cold and cough from past 2 days I took medication from doctor and its not working out my fever drops to 100 to 101 now I m having it around 102 please recommend me some remedy as I ve my exams going on.
Sir, mere gale me kharas ya khichkhich hai kuch ek mahine se iski wajah se mujhe ajeeb ajeeb lagta hai mera dyan isi pe laga rahta hai sir koi dava ya technique bataye ki meri ye samsya jaldi thik ho jaye please sir guide me?
I have cold for last 3 days and cough too. I normally get this problem whenever there is a sudden change in weather, is this normal?
I am 40 years male. Around 4 months back I have shifted from Navi Mumbai to Bangalore. After a month I am continuously suffering from weather allergic symptom like. Cold.
I am suffering from flu allergy from lemon since last 8 yrs, I am 28 years old. Whenever I intake lemon, I get cold and start sneezing, please suggest me how can I get rid of this allergy.
Allergic rhinitis is characterized by symptoms of a runny nose, congestion, itchy eyes and sneezing. This disorder is usually caused by allergens such as pollen and dust. Commonly known as hay fever, allergic rhinitis may exhibit the following symptoms:
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are:
1. You may experience a runny nose and congestion in the nose
2. You may have allergic conjunctivitis where your eyes turn itchy and watery
3. Persistent coughing
4. Symptoms of sneezing
5. Swelling may develop underneath the eyes
6. You may have an itchy nose
7. Constant signs of fatigue
Allergic rhinitis or hay fever causes the immune system to recognize certain airborne substances as harmful. The immune system in the body starts to form antibodies to combat these irritants. The antibodies cause the body to release “histamine”, a chemical that triggers the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
The various triggers that may cause allergic rhinitis are:
1. Dust mites
2. Tree pollen
3. Grass pollen
4. Spoors from outdoor and indoor fungi
5. Ragweed pollen
The treatment for this disorder is to avoid exposure to the triggers. Mild symptoms of this disorder may be treated with over-the-counter medications whereas severe symptoms may require prescription medications.
The various medications for allergic rhinitis are:
- Antihistamines: Antihistamines may be administered as pills or nasal sprays; these medications can help with itching and sneezing. Antihistamines help in limiting the effects of histamine in the body.
- Nasal corticosteroids: These prescription medications can help treat itching and inflammation in the nose. They are usually the first medications that are administered.
- Decongestants: Decongestants are over-the-counter medications that can be used to treat congestion in the nose. You should be careful not to overuse these medicines as they can increase blood pressure.
- Allergy shots: If medications do not relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, the doctor may prescribe allergy shots to treat the disorder. The injections contain allergens in small amounts which are injected over a period of time; this causes the body to get used to these allergens, resulting in a reduction of the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.