Submit a review for ajanta clinicYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old female. I am suffering from cough and cold and running nose. How to cure by home remedies?
Hi I'm Bhanu from Hyderabad. Im suffering from severe cold and cough since 10 days. Even though I'm using cold tablets it is not curing. Being a medical representative I'm facing a big problem with cold. I'm unable to talk to other my nose is closed. And headache also making me pain alot. Please help me.
Hi 20 year old female and I have been having cold and cough and right side of my waist has been paining a lot every time I cough that happens. Few weeks back I had food poisoning but now that's not there anymore. So what could it possibly be?
Hi, during the month of march April every year, I suffer from allergic cough and sneezing. Please let me know is there any immunization against this allergic problem. Please help!
I have cold from last three days, I took medicine but no improvement. Can you suggest, how shall I do?
Mujhe bahut jaldi jhukham aur sardi ho jati h nose runny ho jati h, gala kharash se bhar jata h, halki cough bhi ho jati h, mujhe bar bar ye samasaya ho jati h. Mujhe koi upay bataye jise mein iski giraft mein jaldi na paun. Mein bahut pareshan hu isse.
Having a fever makes you feel weak such that you don’t feel like doing anything. Medical treatment for flu includes usage of antiviral drugs as prescribed for decreasing the severity and duration of the infection. You may also consult your doctor to know about the antibiotics that can treat bacterial infections which may arise as an effect of flu. However, antibiotics are not always required for treating viral infections like flu. On the contrary, you can also follow a few home remedies to get rid of your suffering.
Home remedies for treating flu
You can treat flu by following a few home remedies like resting in bed and avoiding physical exertion. Hydration is very important and minor pains and aches can be relieved with over-the-counter medications as prescribed by the physician. You should avoid spreading the flu virus and germs and wash your hands often.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink ample amount of water, clear soup and fruit juices. Though flu causes appetite loss, you should not depend on water entirely, as it doesn’t contain enough amount of electrolytes that are required for your body to function optimally. Energy drinks can also help you in this respect. In case these products are not available, you can also prepare a homemade solution by mixing plain or rice water with sugar and a pinch of salt. You can also enhance the taste by adding orange juice and freshly cut bananas, and you can drink it right away irrespective of your age.
- Getting rid of cough: Though expectorants and cough suppressants would help the cough to subside, steam inhalations can also prove to be useful for opening a blocked nose. To create steam, pour water in a pot and heat it. After removing the pot from the stove, cover your head with the towel and inhale the steam. The water should be hot, but not boiling, and you can also add eucalyptus oil and few slices of ginger to the hot water. Another way is to steam up your bathroom by allowing the shower to run with hot water and inhale the moisture from the steamy room. You should refrain from touching hard surfaces where the viruses would remain alive. Sneeze and cough into a soft tissue or a handkerchief and carefully dispose of the tissues once they are used. If possible, stay away from people who have flu.
With these simple homemade tips, you would be able to control the symptoms of flu. But in case it does not subside, you shall have to seek medical assistance.
1-drinking normal temperature water after some time after having warm water does it cause cold? 2-while suffering from cold listening to music, does it increases the cold and flu? 3-suggest immediate remedies so that cold is removed in limited time. 4- how to remove toxins & cough from the body?
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.
In homeopathy and especially in working with homeopathic single remedies, selection based on an individual's specific symptoms is critical to success. Colds frustrate selection in that symptoms constantly change as the condition matures. One important element to examine is the cough. The character of your cough can make a definable difference in homeopathic remedy comparisons. Does it force you up at night? Is it dry or wet, rattling or wheezing, or constantly changing? Does the mucus stay down, gag you or come up easily? Does heat, cold, motion or lying down aggravate it?
The number of remedies indicated for coughs is seemingly endless. However, some stand out as suitable for common coughs and as good examples for what to look for in defining your cough.
Here are seven. Each one addresses a unique type of cough and set of symptoms that may accompany that cough..
Pulsatilla: Wearying night cough that forces the cougher to sit up and hold the ribcage. The cough tends to be dry, shaky and frustrating in the evening and at night– forcing you to sit up over and over again. In the morning, it starts out dry and very fitful with retching, but as the congestion matures the thick mucus loosens toward morning. The coughing spells worsen the dry sore throat and cause soreness in the chest. Related cold symptoms include sticky eye irritation, nose is stuffy at night and runny in the morning, minor fevers are chilling, mucus is bland thick and greenish and like everything Pulsatilla, symptoms are very changeable. Specific people are most apt to need Pulsatilla. They tend to be ‘soft, gentle, mild, affectionate, as well as clingy, weepy, moody, sometimes childish’ with a deep need for security and ever changing moods and symptoms.
Nux vomica: A suffocating cough highlights a restless cold or flu with extreme chilliness.
The cough is dry, tight and hacking. It oppresses breathing and causes a bruised soreness and often a bursting headache. Cough and other symptoms typically induce Nux's trademark irritability and sensitivity to light, noise, etc. Symptoms feel worse in the morning (possibly starting at 3a.m.) and in cold dry atmosphere. A finished nap and damp weather tend to lessen symptoms a bit. Extreme chilliness makes drafts unbearable. The cold may also have hot irritating mucus that blocks the nose at night and a rough sore throat that sends pain toward the ears on trying to swallow the lump in your throat. On the emotional side, typical adjectives for Nux individuals or states include: competitive, impatient, impulsive, ambitious, aggressive, fastidious, restless. Stress from excess is an important keynote, whether brought on by too much work, food, fun or spirits.
Kali bich: Stubborn, gagging cough. Thick, ropy, yellow to green, sticky, stringy, stubborn, smelly mucus is at the heart of what this remedy can treat. The cough is stubborn, gagging, hacking misery as you try to clear the thick mucus out of your throat. Mucus crusts up in the nose and fills the sinuses causing choking post nasal drip, hoarseness and pain especially at the root of the nose. The cough often starts very dry but over time becomes more productive especially after a walk in fresh air. When mucus accumulates overnight, morning becomes a torment of blocked nasal passages with stubborn hacking, hawking, gagging and coughing. Heat, but not hot weather, can help, but beer and morning are highly aggravating.
Phosphorus: A hard, dry, tight, racking cough set off by a tickle in the aching raw throat. The colds Phosphorus treats best move quickly into the chest. The cough may set the body trembling and cause labored breathing and tightness across the chest. Cold air, talking and physical exertion trigger bouts of coughing. A key trait to its fever is great thirst for cold drinks that are vomited soon after warming in the stomach. Hoarseness usually results from these colds, but it also helps hoarseness from overuse, especially in singers. Phosphorus can do the most for excitable, impressionable often lively individuals who burn the candle at both ends until the energy runs out; then sadness, anger and even indifference can dominate.
Bryonia: A dry, hacking, painful cough with stitching pains– worse for movement. Bryonia relieves ailments that approach slowly, linger too long, are worse for movement and may result from being chilled when overheated or from fast weather changes. Its slow moving flu and colds are marked by dryness and body-aching misery. Dry hacking cough causes pain in the sternum and forces you to sit up especially at night. Hawking will eventually move the mucus. Eating and drinking aggravate cough as will going into a warm room. Other symptoms include a bone-aching, chill-ridden fever, great thirst for cold water, dry throat and a “don’t touch me, leave me alone” irritability.
Hepar Sulph: A dry or rattling cough with chilliness. Chilliness and yellow phlegm also dominate this cold and there may be sinus pressure with splinter-like sore throats. Cold dry wind, walking, even exposure of any body part from under the covers can provoke this changing cough that runs from a barking dry hoarse cough to loose, rattling/choking coughing. The individuals needing Hepar sulph most lack internal heat, are easily offended, and get are sensitive to rudeness or causes. They may become quite sad and highly irritable, especially at night. Though not highly active, they may speak, eat and act out quickly and impulsively. In general, if highly sensitive to cold, pain, and touch, you might want to examine Hepar sulph, especially if cold air feels threatening.
Natrum mur: A dry tickling cough. Dryness underlies many of Nat mur’s applications. Its colds and congestions have a dry rawness with thickening clear to whitish mucus. Coughing is dry with rattling in the chest set off by a tickling the the throat. It can be particularly bad in the morning and very fitful at night in bed. Cough often triggers a frontal headache that feels as if the forehead would burst. On the emotional plane, the dryness becomes idiomatic as Nat mur applies to poorly circulated stress– suppressed grief, humiliation and heartbreaks. Sadness, irritability, anger, occasional sleeplessness and haunting memories tend to dominate. Complaints tend to improve with open air, deep breathing and tight clothing, and worsen with consolation, more emotion, hormonal fluctuations and sunlight (especially headaches). A deep crack in the lower lip and a desire for salty foods further indicate a need for Nat mur.
We hope this helps you get to know your coughs better.
Mujhe 45 din se sardi khaansi nahi Jaa rahi hai. 2 doctors se consult kar chuka Hun. 4 cough syrup khatam kar chuka Hun. Blood test bhi Kiya tha. Cough syrup: Blue cough, vomarade, Respira D ,alex Kuchh home made solutions jaise haldi waala doodh, kismis, etc b Kiya Hun.
I am suffering with cough and cold, fever I also have eye pain tears are coming from my left eye but my eyes are not becoming red.
Hi I used to work in bpo from last 14 years from past few months I get cold n cough which even lasts for months and because of this I have already lost my job as I can't take calls anymore, what disease I'm effected with? I have been coughing from last 8 days which is not normal I guess.
I am suffering from running nose and its effects on throats since last week. So sir/ma'am please suggest me medicine for it.
Mujhe past one month se jukham ho gaya h.but I have take no any medicine. Nowthis time change my voice. Help me.
Flu is caused by a virus known as influenza and is a common respiratory disease. It is typically caused from the month of October to May. Some of the common symptoms include fatigue, runny nose, fever, cough, muscle ache, sore throat, body ache, etc.
The flu vaccination helps to protect from influenza. The effect generally lasts for a year. It is recommended that an individual takes this vaccination once in a year since the strain of the virus keeps changing every year. Flu vaccine comprises of an egg-based technology.
Who Can catch flu?
Anyone can get a flu vaccination. Children above the age of 6 months or more are eligible to get a flu vaccination. In addition, the person who has a severe outbreak of allergic reaction due to the flu vaccination should also stay away from this.
Pregnant women can also get this vaccination without any worry about the baby. They not only safeguard the mother, but protect the child from influenza too. Adults who are more than 65 years old can take this vaccination without worrying. Patients with an acute allergy should consult their doctors before taking a flu shot.
Are there any side effects?
Although most people do not feel a thing after the flu shot, some might experience mild symptoms, such as redness of the area where the vaccine has been injected, mild body aches, soreness, redness and fever. Other serious side effects include allergic reaction resulting in soreness and very high fever. A doctor or healthcare personnel should be immediately contacted in such an instance.
Can flu shot cause flu?
This is totally a myth. A flu vaccine doesn’t result in the flu. The virus content of the flu vaccine doesn’t contain any live virus that can potentially trigger an outbreak of flu in the body. They are noninfectious in every sense of the word. It takes a couple of weeks for the flu vaccine to build immunity in the body. A person might get affected during this time if he comes in contact with an infected person.
Confusing flu with similar symptoms:
Common symptoms of flu such as nausea, vomiting, sneezing, body ache and fever can be symptoms of an entirely different disease such as diarrhoea. Until the tests are conducted and the doctor gives an assured verdict of flu, it is unwise to take a flu vaccination based on gut feel and mere speculation.
When is an ideal time to take flu vaccine?
There is no right or wrong time of taking a flu shot. It is seriously infectious and can catch hold of a person at any time. The right time to take a flu shot is now. It is readily available over the counter and can be injected at any time of the year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.