Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Kumar Jha
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj Kumar JhaYour feedback matters!
My age is 24, I am suffering from breast cancer. May be in 2nd stage, discharge from nipple and bleeding. What should I do?
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growths. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the rays of the sun. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
1. Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
2. Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
3. High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
4. Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
5. Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
6. Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
I am suffering from motions since from last two days so I want to get to solution can I get solution .for these. If coffee drinks it may cause any cancer.
I have enlarged prostate problem I am also having hair loss for which I consulted a dermatologist. He said that it is normal hair loss and nothing to worry. But I recently read that enlarged prostate can lead to male pattern baldness. So can treatment to both make my hair come back as normal with full density as it was years back? Will this balding occur even if I treat enlarged prostate? Or will the balding stop and the hair lost till now will not come back but there will not be any balding in future? Answer all my questions please.
2013 dec i tested for PSA whcih shows10.5 .i took ayurvedic medicines for about 6 months and now the reading is 6.58 .should i undergo BIOpse
My prostate is slightly enlarged and the sonologist is of the opinion it is suggestive of benign hypertrophy prostate. It measures 4. 2- 4. 9- 3. 6 cms ( 39 gms } although I don't have any specific problem I would like to know when I should have the prostate removed. Thanks.
You already know how cigarette smoking is a leading cause of Lung Cancer. But did you know that lung cancer can also be caused by a gas called 'radon' that can well be present in the air we breathe in. This gas slowly seeps into the body and causes damage without anybody noticing, so much so, that today Radon Gas is considered to be the second leading cause of lung cancer.
The fact that radon gas remains naturally present in landforms (rocks and soil), makes its termination nearly impossible This is a radioactive gas which forms as a result of the decomposition of radioactive materials, like Uranium. The gas can remain suspended in the air and can also become waterborne. High concentration of radon gas is found in underground water. Therefore, people who drink deep tube-well water remain at a higher risk of developing lung cancer owing to exposure to this harmful gas.
Radon gas, which is often inhaled during respiration travels to the lungs and breaks down into radioactive components. As a result, radiation emission takes place in the lungs which eventually destroys the lung cells and causes cancer. A combination of smoking and exposure to Radon gas make a person more prone to developing lung cancer. However, the condition can also develop among people who do not smoke.
Radon gas can be present in your house without your knowledge. Therefore get your home tested for this detrimental gas. Low levels of it can be present in granite countertops and concrete. The gas can also enter the house through cracks, windows, pipes and wires. If the amount of gas is above 4 picocuries per liter of air, then the treatment for the elimination of radon gas should be availed. Underground water should also be avoided. People working in plants where uranium is processed can inhale a large amount of radon gas. Even people working in mines are more vulnerable to Radon Gas exposure. These people should wear masks to protect themselves.
The level of radon gas in your home can be regulated by sealing the open gaps through which the gas might enter. Apart from that, the house should be properly ventilated. Radon gas treatment is not a do it yourself regime. You should get professional help to make your house radon gas free. Some of the symptoms of lung cancer include wheezing, coughing, chest pain. If you feel that you might develop lung cancer you can see a physician and get tested.