Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Kumar Jha
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj Kumar JhaYour feedback matters!
I was having tough cancer I have complete by brachytherapy But after 3 months doctor is tell there something in neck I am doing check up every month almost 9 months completed What should I want to do now.
Hi Doctor, 2 years back She had brest cancer, it was removed through mastectomy. Later chemotherapy was done. Later, Doctor told to consume Anastrozole of 1 mg every night after dinner. She is consuming it. Problem is every day she'l have Dry cough, nearly 8 to 10 times she coughs continuously, no time constraint for this cough. When we consulted oncology Doc, he told its a side effect of tablet. And told to consume more water! She tried taking cough tablets, consume more water nothing helped. Please suggest me a process (Ayurveda, Homeopathy, English medic etc.) Or a solution (a drug) or any other solution so that her cough gets cured. Thanks,
What are symptoms of all type of cancers please tell me what are those types How can we identify a person suffers with cancer.
I have peeling on one breast Nipple and sometimes blood on applying any fluid cream. Or otherwise sometimes little blood without applying anything. I m. Unmarried. Is it Breast cancer sign or serious.
Hello mein jab bhi khana khati hu ya kuch piti hu to aisa lagata h jaise mere left breast mein gya aur breast k pass se jha se khana jata h waha se thodi moto bhi hogya h aur mere left breast k aerola k thoda upper 2 line hogyi h jab nahati hu to wo lines saff dikhti h jaise gheri ho .meine 4-5 month pehle ultrasound bhi krwaya tha report normal h.kya mujhe mammogram ki jarurt h kya and please provide me home remedy. Thanku.
What is the diet to be maintained for an oral cancer patient? Surgery, radiation and chemo is over by end Feb. How do we try and maintain the,PH level?
I am 25 years old . I want to know that doea coffee causes cancer? I am very fond of it and drink it 5 to 6 times a day. Some times 10 times a day. Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thank you.
I am 34 years old last year I have operation tongue cancer and radiation also so what care I have to do?
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastro-intestinal tract
- Congenital defects
The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues of the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired using surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!