Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NivedithaYour feedback matters!
To remove her pregnancy my girl friend took tablet? what precautions she has to take not to effect her health?
I am 23 year girl. I had unprotected sex 3.5 years back. And sometimes I feel so weak with vaginal discharge and from last 3-4 days I am having slight pain below tongue and below jaws. Is there any chance that I am hiv positive? Please help.
Sir my brother is suffering from urticaria for past two days he is 9 years old can you sugest us some medicine will this disease cause any serious health problem.
I have got itching in my vagina from last few months also I am getting white discharge coming out from vagina on and off n after few minutes its become thick cheesy clots and after this itching starts in my vaginal area what is it what do I do is It harmful. please suggest.
I am 31 year old female. I have pcod problems since beginning of my periods. Recently in May 2016 I had sex with my fiancé twice that month and both times I had ipill even when he did not ejaculate inside me and he is very sure about that. I also got withdrawal bleeding one week after taking ipill and normal periods as well. Which means I got bleeding thrice that month. In June I went without any periods and in July I got my periods and flow was for 4 days. Recently I have been getting morning sickness which makes me tensed if I am pregnant. Should I take home pregnancy test or why should I be having this morning sickness? I don't plan to get pregnant before we get married and we get married in this December. Please tell me if there are still any chances of being pregnant after ipill.
How to Lower Uric Acid Levels Naturally?
More and more gout sufferers are moving away from costly drug-based remedies with their nasty side effects, to more natural remedies. Here are 3 simple tips on how to lower uric acid levels in the blood naturally:
(1) Drink between 2 and 3 liters of water everyday. Drink small amounts regularly throughout the day. Water helps the kidneys to process and flush uric acid out of the body.
(2) Consume a baking soda solution to help dissolve uric acid crystals, and, increase uric acid solubility. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to 8 oz of water. Mix thoroughly, and drink maximum 8 glasses daily. One before bedtime, one when you get up in the morning, and one every 2 to 4 hours between meals. Repeat until the symptoms have gone.
Note: Since baking soda is high in sodium, change to a salt-free diet whilst taking this remedy. And, if you suffer from high blood pressure, although you can take it as long as you monitor your blood pressure closely, it’s better not to use this remedy at all.
(3) Change to a low purine diet. Since uric acid comes from the breakdown of purines, and, purines also exist in our foods, a gout sufferer needs to go onto a diet that is relatively low in purines. This also means avoiding high purine foods completely. The general types of food to avoid are fatty red meats, poultry and some seafood. And, it’s important to avoid alcohol. Beer, in particular, is a trigger for gout. The types of foods that make up a low purine diet are things like; essential fatty acids(e.g. tuna, salmon, etc.), low fat dairy products, complex carbohydrates (e.g. bread, cereal, pasta, rice, vegetables, fruit, etc.), fruits such as cherries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc.
Hi My partner having white thik discharge like curd n its swollen n itching all day. So is it STD or something else.
Hi Doctor, My wife has vaginal infection, there is itching on her vagina outside and inside. Also she facing burning in her vagina from last 4 days she is facing issue. Can you please guide on this. She is 22 Years old. She is very shy type.
Being positive is the best thing you can do for yourself!
Do you see life as a blessing, an opportunity or a burden? The answer to this question plays a significant role in shaping your existence as it decides your outlook towards life. Being positive or optimistic is highly beneficial for your psychological and physical well-being. Positive thinking is an idea that not only drives you towards success, but also makes way for happiness in your life.
Cultivating positivity is undoubtedly the best thing you can do for yourself as it makes your life worth living, besides delivering a bunch of health benefits.
Here are 6 of them.
1. Gives you a longer life span
A positive outlook not only keeps you happy, but also increases your life expectancy by manifold in comparison to people with pessimistic thoughts. A recent Dutch study analysed the thought patterns of people for 9 years to come to this conclusion. According to this study, which was published in JAMA Psychiatry, people with a generally pessimistic approach have decreased life expectancy by 55%.
2. Increases good cholesterol level
A research was conducted in 2013 by Harvard School of Public Health to find the link between optimism and cholesterol levels. The study was carried out among middle-aged people and it revealed that that optimistic thought patterns indicated increased levels of “good” cholesterol.
3. Boosts your immune system
Researchers are of the opinion that people who cultivate positive thoughts show a stronger immune response in comparison to people who associate themselves with negative emotions.
4. Increases your confidence
Having positive thoughts can be very advantageous for you as it teaches you to feel good about yourself. This encourages you to try new things and accept challenges more heartily, which in turn boosts your confidence level drastically. Increased self confidence drives you towards success and enhances your performance in all phases of life.
5. Helps you cope with stress better
Studies show that when optimists face a situation, which is not in their favour, they focus more on solving the problem instead of getting disappointed or frustrated. Positive thoughts make you enthusiastic and teach you to deal with any stressful situation with a smile, thereby helping you to work your way out of a crisis. It has also been observed that positive thinking among adolescents acts as a source of protection against depression and behavioural problems commonly faced during teenage.
6. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases
A recent study conducted by the American Heart Association, and published in its journal Circulation, showed that people who depicted a positive attitude towards life had decreased their chances of getting heart diseases by 73% in comparison to their pessimistic counterparts. According to researchers, this happens because optimism leads people towards a healthier lifestyle, comprising of a balanced diet and a proper exercise regime. Moreover, optimistic people also have the improved ability to deal with stress, which further points towards a healthy existence.
Lung diseases seem to be on a high of late, with rise in pollution and fall in immunity. It is crucial to be self-reliant and careful while taking care of your lung health. There are certain very basic things you can do at your end to ensure good lung health. They are:
1. Be proactive - do not neglect any concern related to your lung health. If you have been coughing for long, or feel there is cough inside that is just not going away, see a specialist.
2. Exercise - working out not only keeps your body fit, it is good for your lungs as well. When you exercise, your breathing quickens. This improves cardio respiratory function.
3. Environment-friendly - if you are renovating your home or office, try to look for products that are environment friendly. Paints, insulation, cleaning products, etc can have harmful gases which are not good for your lungs. So, use environmentally safe products.
4. Stop smoking - a lot is being advertised and said about the hazards of smoking on the lungs. Still, it doesn't deter people from smoking. If you want your lungs to stay healthy, butt out immediately. Smoking puts you in the danger zone for lung cancer, emphysema, cpod, chronic bronchitis and even lowers your immunity.
5. Wear masks - many professions require people to be amidst fumes and gases which are hazardous for the lungs. If you are in a profession like painting, welding, etc of if you are a construction worker or mechanic, ensure that you are wearing breathing protection at all times while working.
6. Keep indoors pollution free - fireplaces, air fresheners, pet dander, dirty linen, ventilation systems - all pollute the kind of air that we breathe inside the house. It is advised to vacuum your homes frequently, keep the ducts and fireplaces clean, change bed linen every week, inspect your house for molds and always be careful about the quality of the air purifier that you are using.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.