Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niveditha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NivedithaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 yrs old have pcod problem and after I eat medicines I always feel like vomiting. And I always have headache vomiting feeling before I had started with my medicine course. Please tell me what should I do to feel refreshed. Hope to listen from you soon. Thankyou!
I am 28 years old female, unmarried. My last m Period date was 15 th January, this month I Missed my period and took a pregnancy test and it is positive. I want to terminate the pregnancy. How risky it is? Can I able to get pregnant after the pregnancy termination. Please help.
The advancement in the field of medicine is enormous, and with each passing day, the promises it offers in providing solutions is growing. Apparently, the treatment options for infertility too have grown exponentially, and one such option is the IVF.
IVF stands for In vitro fertilization which is a system in which treated sperm are either injected or placed into the egg in a petri dish to accomplish fertilization. If the egg fertilizes, the resultant embryos are implanted into the woman’s uterus. Formerly IVF was done for women with issues in the fallopian tube, but there are some other implications of IVF as well in more recent times as discussed below.
- Infertility- IVF is the chosen method of treatment in the case of Infertility that is not treatable by therapy, or infertility which can be more favorably be treated with IVF than using any other procedures. IVF can be provided by the demand of a couple for any form of infertility if there are no contraindications.
- Tubal disease- Women who have blocked fallopian tubes opted previously for operation have now started using IVF as a better choice of treatment. But in case of patients who have hydrosalpinx, the tubes may have to be removed or interrupted through surgery to maximize the success rates of IVF.
- Male factor- In cases of male infertility issues, where there is a deficiency or defect in the quality of sperm or it has trouble penetrating the egg, IVF can be the solution. Through IVF and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), such cases can be treated.
- Immunological sterility- Immunological infertility refers to miscarriage or infertility caused by immune attacks on the tissues of the reproductive system. It is the outcome of the disorder of immune system which pairing up with its antibodies corrupts female eggs and male sperms. If the low motion of spermatozoids is perceived in the partner, and artificial insemination doesn’t yield any returns, extracorporeal fertilization is suggested.
- Endometriosis- It is a phenomenon where menstrual period, becomes far worse than customary accompanied by pain with bowel movements or urination. Patients who have endometriosis, often have tubal involvement or ovarian cysts called endometrioma and will benefit from IVF.
- Ovulatory dysfunction- Ovulatory Dysfunction is the single-most common cause of female infertility and indicates a difficulty with ovulation that is the monthly release of an egg. When a woman is incapable of ovulation, she can't get pregnant as there is no egg to be fertilized. In patients with PCOS that is polycystic ovarian disease and other ovulatory obstacles, IVF can be recommended.
- Unexplained infertility- Patients with no apparent cause for their infertility or other uterine dysfunctionality can get help from IVF too.
Thus one can consider the possibility of IVF in numerous situations causing infertility. Also when the above indications are noticed opting for an IVF can be the best choice. In this case, it is essential to consult with a gynecologist to determine if it will be beneficial in the given circumstance before starting with the procedure.