Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nithika SwasthiYour feedback matters!
Dussehra is the day when 'Raghunandan Ramachandra' defeated 'Lankapati Dashanan Ravana' and rescued his wife Sita. The name Dussehra has its foundations in two Sanskrit words Dasha and Hara, where the first word 'Dasha' refers to Dashanan Ravana and the second word 'Hara' implies defeat. Dashanana, one with ten heads, a title given to Ravana, additionally happens to be symbolic in nature. It could be seen as ten vices, not ten heads.
Vice is any behaviour or practice that is considered cruel, immoral, rude, sinful, degrading or criminal. The ten vices represent the ten heads of Ravana. If we carefully watch our surroundings, we will find that the majority of us are being tainted and infected from one of these ten vices. At last, it is not about Rama or Ravana. It is about you and your vices. Dussehra symbolises your triumph over your vices, not Rama's triumph over Ravana.
The ten vices that we need to win over this Dusshera are:
- Kama Vasana (Lust): This lustful craving edging on the unethical side that can make one carry out offensive and heinous crimes.
- Krodha (Anger): Many violations and crimes are caused because of the inability and powerlessness to think when we are in outrage. Control over Anger or Krodha will avoid a lot of problems and regrets in the near future.
- Moha (Attraction): Obsessing over things can be a problem when we lose the feeling and sense of our reason. It is ideal to keep our obsessions under control.
- Lobha (Greed): This problem is the reason for some possible crimes and embarrassments. That is why it is said that one should keep a long distance from greed for their own well-being.
- Mada (Pride): Being happy over material belongings has no purpose and is a worthless activity. It is both at the moment and temporary. Pride needs to be avoided and maintain a goal to stay modest and unobtrusive.
- Matsara (Jealousy): This green-eyed creature eats up our feeling of logic and calm and is better kept under control for our prosperity and fulfilment.
- Swartha (Selfishness): Being an egotistical individual just gets us back at last. Thoughtfulness usually pays back and helping a man in need will never go futile.
- Anyaaya (Injustice): As much as we can comprehend, we need to be just and not indulge in out of line practices, be it in our work or individual life.
- Amanavata (Cruelty): Cruelty needs to be avoided under all circumstances. Being thoughtful and humble will give us a meaning to live a modest and calm life.
- Ahankara (Ego): The bad habit of Ravana that destroyed Lanka is something we indulge in ordinary. Avoiding this ego will keep us more joyful in our lives.
This celebration implies the victory of good over the evil, right over wrong, and good habits over vices.
I am 27 year old female. Experiencing vaginal itching with discharge which is white odourless. The itching is not intense nor throughout the day nor the discharge is always only sometimes. please help.
My daughter - 17 year old has been diagnosed to suffer from PCOS. Her menstrual cycles are very irregular (once in 4 / 5 months) and she is slightly overweight as well. Please suggest lifestyle changes / diet to improve the condition.
My wife had some alcohol last night (not on very heavy side). But it was the first time in past 2 months. We are planning our first baby. So do we need to wait for planning after her last night consumption?
Exercise - You don't have to belong to a gym club. Thirty minutes walk every day will to prevent weight gain and encourage moderate weight loss.
Reduce fat intake - Cut down on sugar and opt for fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Healthy food will also lead to better blood sugar control.
Reduce stress - Not everything we want we get. We have to accept that there are things that we cannot control. Managing time is also of great importance too. We must allow ourselves enough time to get things done. Set a time during the day for relaxation.
Improve sleep - Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Equip your bedroom with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Sleep in a dark clean and quiet environment.
Meditation - Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. It has been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.
Positive thinking - People who think positively have an optimistic view of life that affects their health and well-being. Optimism has been shown to explain between 5–10% of the variation in the likelihood of developing some health conditions, notably including cardiovascular disease,stroke, depression, and cancer.
There are many more things you can know and boost your health. Searching for ssohm on internet will help.