Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithika SwasthiYour feedback matters!
I'm 36 year old and having two kids. Cesarean only. Now i'm obese. I'm having bulky uterus, grade I fatty liver, left ovarian cyst3.3-3.1. How to solve this problems with diet, exercise. Give details. Thank you.
I m 23. No health issues. But I just wanted to clarify whether periods getting delayed by 2-5 days is normal? I get my periods every month. But I always get it 2-5 days later than the date.
Hii I am 30 years old and m 3 months pregnant. AM unable to eat properly due to nose. What should I do. Please tell.
My Bhabhi is pregnant and her baby is in tube not in Uterus as said by doctor. What to do now? Is there any way of shifting baby to uterus? Please help.
Which position is suggested for getting pregnancy sooner. We use missionary but the semen leaks out of vagina after ejaculation. Please advise.
Hello doctor I am 22 years old female, 2nd half months period not occur then Dr. Suggest me for scanning then Dr. Told me watery pimple is appearing, then giving tablet for taking that three month. Now am taking gynovit tablet. What is happening tell me please doctor.
Today is 3rd day of my period doctor suggested to take umom as well as clofert 100 mg is help to get good egg development pls suggest me we r taking treatment for past 5 months my hormonal profile as well as my tube r healthy ,my husband semen analysis is also normal I've pcos doctor suggest me reduce weight. I reduced around 20 kgs now my period will appear around 29 days to 37 days. But I've the problem to get pregnant.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D&C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above take care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
Formal medical counseling - If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better. If you think you need additional help and would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm a 18 year old . I get period for 5 days On .4 th. Day it almost stops. My cycle lenght is 33 days but now its 4 days late this month .and it usually happens every month ..it's always 4-5days late ..sometimes 7-10 days ..also once in six months I miss one month of my period ...plzzz tell what to.do
Hello doctor. I'm 29 years old female unmarried. I have 3 small fibroadenomas in my left breast. From past a few days I'm feeling a tiny lump near my nipple in my right breast. I'm worried. Can it be serious. Please reply to me as soon as possible.
Health benefits of dark chocolate
1. Slow the sign of aging
2. Lower blood pressure
3. Rich of vital vitamins &amp; minerals
4. Increase blood flow to the brain and heart
5. Contain anti depressant agent
6. Improve your mood
7. Reduce stress
8. High in potassium, copper, magnesium iron
The ovaries play a major role in the female reproduction system. They contain numerous follicles, each holding the capability to form a mature egg. Hence it is extremely important for you to keep your ovaries healthy. Healthy ovaries secrete the essential sex hormones required for reproduction. Here are a few food items you might consider consuming in order to keep your ovaries healthy:
1. Foods rich in Vitamin A: Vitamin A is extremely important to keep your ovaries healthy. Vitamin A enables the ovaries to start the process of meiosis. Meiosis contributes to the production of eggs. Your diet must include small amounts of Vitamin A everyday. Some foods rich with vitamin A are carrots, cod liver oil, kale, eggs, milk, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, spinach, etc.
2. Food rich with selenium: Selenium is an extremely important mineral when it comes to the health of ovaries. It activates a group of enzymes called the glutathione peroxidases, which then perform the function of antioxidants. Hence, the mineral helps to protect your tissues for any kind of oxidative damage. Oxidative damages might cause an increase in the risk of suffering from genetic mutations which could eventually lead to cancer. It also helps to activate a protein called the Sep15 which has cancer fighting abilities. Selenium can also lower the risk of suffering from ovarian cancer. Foods like whole wheat bread, meat, Brazilian nuts, shellfish and eggs can supply you with the required amount of selenium.
3. Food rich in Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps prevent ovarian cancer. It provides a natural protection to the ovaries from any kind of diseases which might affect them, as Vitamin C helps to activate the immune cells which fight cancer. You will require a sufficient amount of Vitamin C to have proper functioning ovaries as it will help activate the genetic activity required for the development of the follicles. Try to include fresh sources of Vitamin C in your diet like strawberries, broccoli, red peppers, oranges, lemon, etc.
To improve your ovarian health, make sure you include the above mentioned foods in your daily diet.