Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Max Super Speciality Hospital - Shalimar BaghYour feedback matters!
Adverse respiratory events (AREs) are leading causes of post-operative morbidity and mortality. Anesthesia is the use of medicine to prevent or reduce the feeling of pain or sensation during surgery or other painful procedures (such as getting stitches). Giving as an injection or through inhaled gases or vapours, different types of anesthesia affect the nervous system in various ways by blocking nerve impulses and, therefore, pain.
Anesthesia can help control your breathing, blood pressure, blood flow, and heart rate. It may be used to:
- Relax you,
- Block pain,
- Make you sleepy or forgetful,
- Make you unconscious for your surgery.
Adverse Respiratory Events (ARE)
Adverse outcomes of such events are fatal and lead to Death & Brain Damage. Three mechanisms of injury are reported to account for highest adverse respiratory events:
Inadequate Ventilation: Insufficient Gas Exchange can produce the adverse outcome. Esophageal Intubation: Incubation between the two sides of the esophagus inadvertently.
Difficult tracheal intubation: Tracheal Intubation is the placement of a flexible plastic tube into the trachea (windpipe) to maintain an open airway. It is performed facilitate ventilation of lungs in severely ill, anesthetized patients.
Other’s are as listed below:
- Airway Obstruction
- Inadequate inspired oxygen delivery
- Endobronchial Intubation
- Premature Extubation
Residual neuromuscular blockade is an important postoperative complication associated to the use of neuromuscular blocking drugs and is commonly observed in the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) after non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs) are administered intra-operatively. Incomplete neuromuscular recovery can be minimized with acceleromyography monitoring. The risk of adverse respiratory events during early recovery from anesthesia can be reduced by intra-operative acceleromyography use.
Reintubation is a serious adverse respiratory event and the consequences include increased cardiac and respiratory complications, prolonged length of stay at the PACU, intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital, prolonged mechanical ventilator support, higher costs, and increased mortality. Overweight and obesity have also been identified as risk factors for postoperative respiratory complications. Most adverse respiratory events are considered preventable with improved monitoring such as:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Combination of Both
Closed observation of the clinical factors and appropriate monitoring by well trained people are factors necessary to prevent adverse outcome.
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.
Are you tired all the time, you eat, sleep and repeat, if yes then read on
Did you know that the human brain uses about 20 to 30% of a person's daily energy intake. That's why people who don't consume enough calories in their diet are more likely to experience lower motivation levels and mental alertness.
With the demands of today’s hectic lifestyles combined with too few hours of quality sleep and poor eating habits, it’s no wonder many people complain of fatigue and low energy. Nutritional deficiencies are also associated with fatigue.
Just like the car needs the right type of fuel; Don’t expect a standard car to run on diesel fuel. “Similarly the body uses energy-yielding carbohydrates, protein, and fat in very specific ways, consuming each in proportion to the other is essential to ensure sufficient energy to complete daily tasks, feel good, and to maintain an optimal state of health.”
Just as undereating can lead to fatigue, overeating puts the body in overdrive, channeling tremendous amounts of energy to digest and absorb the large amounts of food consumed.
How can a person feel refreshed after eating too much? It’s only natural to want to curl up and nap after a big meal; the resulting insulin overproduction can leave too little sugar available for immediate energy, resulting in lethargy.
Unfortunately, just as eating too much can lead to fatigue, fatigue can lead to eating too much, creating a vicious cycle of weight gain and decreased energy. Clients in this predicament must break the cycle by focusing on portion control, adequate sleep, and stress management.
Eat right to feel bright!
Diabetes often referred as diabetes mellitus is a metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar) either because insulin production is inadequate or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both. There are three types of diabetes:
1. Type 1 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin. People usually develop type 1 before their 40 th year often in early adulthood or teenage years. It is nearly 10% of total diabetes
2. Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn't produce insulin for proper function, approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes of this type
3. Gestational diabetes: This type affects females during pregnancy, uncontrolled or undiagnosed gestational diabetes can raise the risk of complications during child birth
बर्फ के ये 15 फायदे जानकर चौंक जाएंगे आप
1- कड़वी दवाई खाने से पहले मुंह में बर्फ का टुकड़ा रख लें, दवाई कड़वी ही नहीं लगेगी।
2- यदि आपने बहुत ज्यादा खा लिया है और खाना पच नहीं रहा, तो थोड़ा-सा बर्फ का टुकड़ा खा ले। खाना शीघ्र पच जाएगा।
3- यदि आपके पास मेकअप का भी समय नहीं है या आपकी त्वचा ढीली पड़ती जा रही है तो एक बर्फ का छोटा-सा टुकड़ा लेकर उसे किसी कपड़े में (हो सके तो मखमल का) लपेट चेहरे पर लगाइए। इससे आपके चेहरे की त्वचा टाइट होगी और यह टुकड़ा आपकी त्वचा में ऐसा निखार ला देगा जो और कहीं नहीं मिलेगा।
4- प्लास्टिक में बर्फ का टुकड़ा लपेटकर सिर पर रखने से सिरदर्द में राहत मिलती है।
5- यदि आपको शरीर में कहीं पर भी चोट लग गई है और खून निकल रहा है तो उस जगह बर्फ मसलने से खून बहना बंद हो जाता है।
6- कांटा चुभने पर बर्फ लगाकर उस हिस्से को सुन्न कर ले, कांटा या फांस आसानी से निकल जाएगा और दर्द भी नहीं होगा।
7- अंदरुनी यानी गुम चोट लगने पर बर्फ लगाने से खून नहीं जमता व दर्द भी कम होता है।
8- नाक से खून आने पर बर्फ को कपड़े में लेकर नाक के ऊपर चारों और रखें, थोड़ी देर में खून निकलना बंद हो जाएगा।
9- धीरे-धीरे बर्फ का टुकड़ा चूसने से उल्टी बंद हो जाती है।
10- पैरों की एड़ियों में बहुत ज्यादा तीखा दर्द हो तो बर्फ की क्यूब मलने से आराम मिलेगा।
11- आंखों के काले घेरे दूर करने के लिए खीरे के रस और गुलाब जल को मिलाकर बर्फ जमा लीजिए, फिर उस टुकड़े से काले घेरों पर मालिश करे, बहुत जल्द आपकी समस्या दूर होगी। और यदि ज्यादा देर मोबाइल या कंप्यूटर चलाने के बाद आपकी आंखें दर्द कर रही हैं तो बर्फ के टुकड़े को अपनी आंखों पर रखिए, जल्द ही राहत मिलेगी।
12- यदि आइब्रो बनवाते समय दर्द होता है तो एक बर्फ का टुकड़ा आइब्रो के चारों और घिस लीजिए, इससे यह हिस्सा थोड़ी देर के लिए सुन्न हो जाएगा और आपको दर्द भी नहीं होगा। यही तरीका शरीर के किसी और हिस्से पर भी लागू कर सकते हैं।
13- बर्फ का टुकड़ा गले के बाहर धीरे-धीरे मलने से गले की खराश ठीक हो जाती है।
14- जल जाने के तुरंत बाद बर्फ का टुकड़ा जले हुए स्थान पर लगाने से छाले और जलन शांत होती है। और निशान भी गहरा नही पड़ेगा।
15- इंजेक्शन लगने पर या पैर में मोच आने पर बर्फ मलने से दर्द, सूजन व खुजली कम होती है।
In this modern age, due to busy life style as well as sitting nature of job our physical activity has gone almost nil and mental activity has become prominent. Usually nobody has much time to go for yoga classes or gym. At the same time there is a gentle, low impact exercise that's easy, free and available to everyone and that is walking.
Walking strengthens your heart:
Walking is great cardio exercise. It reduces risk of heart stroke, bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterole.30 minutes daily walk maintains your blood pressure in normal range, high bp causes stroke.
Walk is a blessing for patients who have diabetic background in family. Daily walk reduces chances of diabetes by 80%. It keeps you away from these silent killer diseases as you never know when they attack you until visible symptoms are detected.
Decline in memory or impair thinking skills that makes person unable to do daily activities. Daily 30 mins walk avoid shrinkage of brain and preserve memory. Dementia affects 1 in 14 people at the age of 65 and 1 in 6 at the age of 80. Walking does wonders for such ageing problems.
Tone your body
Walking tones your body. It gives definition to calves, quads, hamstrings. It keeps your abs and waist in shape.
Walking is the perfect way to keep you active. Most of the population is suffering from deficiency of vitamin D. Be healthy and active and enjoy a walk with your friends or self.
Walking makes you happy
Walking makes you feel good. Daily walk boost up your mood, it is as effective as antidepressants in mild to moderate cases of depression. It releases feel good endorphins and reduces stress and anxiety. So for positive mental health, walking is absolutely must.
Living Smart with Red Rice!
Its high antioxidants and fibre content controls blood glucose levels, lowering bad cholesterol, fighting against free radicals.
Do follow for more interesting lifestyle tips, and natural healing remedies.
Book for Personalised consultations for close monitoring and betterment.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.
Tongue cleaning is an important part of our oral hygiene as well as a reason for bad breath. Use a tongue cleaner preferably a metal one to clean your tongue and prevent mouth odour.
New Study published in American journal of clinical Nutrition, proves that eating Whole grains like whole wheat, Oats, barley, brown rice is healthier over Refined grains products like wheat flour(refined), white rice and white bread ,for better digestion and immune response.
Everyone wants to live happily in their lifetime but managing to live so is becoming a difficult task due to the stressful and uneventful life. But there are few rules could be followed with due principles and priorities of the facts in the life they are:
A. Breathing exercises to reduce stress and to lead a healthy life style
B. Physical activities like following stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time regularly to keep body fit as well as healthy
C. Atttempting newer experience like shopping trekking etc
D. Writing the experiences in the life like cultivating the habit of writing diary habits of every events
E. Listening music may reduces stress in mind and body
F. Moving or friendly with happy minded people
G. Avoiding drugs and alcohol
H. Cultivating regular habit of travelling every 3 or 6 months once with loved one's
I. Regular sleep pattern
J. Communicating in time of difficult periods with concerned rather having it in the mind for long time without any ego
Human sexuality is a field wherein there is a lot of research ongoing and yet still more research required. Female sexuality is another confusing arena wherein, there are studies which tend to be contradictory. Within female sexuality, orgasms are especially, a hot button topic with a lot of conflicting views. However, one thing is clear from the multiple studies; women with better mental health tend to orgasm better, more often and more easily.
Mental health, orgasm and body language: It has been noted in studies that women who are in a better mental state tend to orgasm better and thus, it is reflected in their body language over time. One of the most important parts of human body language is gait or how someone walks. Many studies have shown this to be an important parameter of how women orgasm.
Gait and female sexuality: The relationship between the body language of a woman and her ability to orgasm is generally considered interchangeable. Certain studies have shown that women, who are naturally able to orgasm quicker, faster and regularly tend to have a higher level of self-confidence and thus, it is reflected in the way they walk. Other professionals believe that women who have a better and more confident walk are able to orgasm because they were more confident in their daily lives; thus that mental confidence translated into more orgasms. Whichever be the case, it was proven that gait did have a connection with the ability of a woman to orgasm.
The actual study
In the actual study, a group of sexologists were asked to judge the gait of women who had a history of vaginal orgasms, especially through penetrative intercourse. In most cases, the doctors were able to decipher whether the women had the ability to have proper orgasms or not. The doctors were unaware of the sexual history of these women and had to decipher whether the women could orgasm by judging the walk and general movement. In about 80 percent of the cases, the doctors predicted it correctly. Some of the factors that the doctors judged them upon and were found to be uniform were:
- Absence of stiffness among muscles
- Body posture
The study may help sexologists to clear psychological problems in the cases of many women and help them improve their general self-confidence to allow them to be better in bed and thus be able to orgasm. The gait and the improvement on sexuality will thus help them have a better quality of life in general.
Condoms are the best contraceptive measure you take before having sex because unlike other contraceptive measure such as birth control pills, they actually provide almost fool-proof protection against STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). However, condoms need to be handled with care because if precaution isn’t taken while putting on the condom, it can cause tears on the surface. Here are 5 things you should know about condoms:
- Size does matter: 'One size fits all' might not be a good approach towards choosing a condom to wear, because thay come in different sizes. You should check the size at the back of the leaflet before buying it because buying a size that isn’t the right fit can result in tears which can put you and your partner at a risk of pregnancy and contracting STDs.
- Condoms do not affect the quality of sex: Contrary to popular belief, condoms do not have any effect on the quality of sex or the level of pleasure you derive from the intercourse. 98% people in a research confirmed this fact. So, not wearing a condom because “it doesn’t feel good” isn’t an excuse anymore.
- Latex allergies are a thing: Some people are predisposed to allergies caused due to the latex which most condoms are made of. Symptoms of latex allergy include itchiness, dryness and lesions on the foreskin. If these symptoms persist, don’t be embarrassed to rush to the doctor because the allergy can worsen and prove to be dangerous.
- The four types of condoms: The most common type of condom is the latex one, but because latex can cause allergies, an alternative material called polyurethane is used to make condoms too. For people who are allergic to both latex and polyurethane, polyisoprene condoms are a good option. The fourth type of condom is the lambskin condom which is made of lamb intestines.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help.
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled much yet just a few drops, which is abnormal for her for Day 4 of her periods. We're very concerned and have no intention to have a baby now. Is there any chance she's pregnant now or might get because of that incident? Should she take an emergency contraceptive pill just in case? If she's not pregnant what might be the reason for her bleeding to stop after 2 days of periods? This is very abnormal for her.
Hello doctor what is the sign of pregnancy. Because I try for pregnancy and I feel very hungry in few hour and I also fell sar ghumna at night jab sleep karne jati hu. To kya ye symbol hai pregnancy k please tell me.
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.