Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nita GurhaYour feedback matters!
Sir, before 15 days I checked my eyes and my eyes no. Is -. 75 and -1. Can it reduce if yes then how?
I had very red eyes when I get up today in morning and its really paining me when I see some lighten thing. So please tell solution for it.
I have a myopia of 1.75 with no lateral defects. I haven't had any eye weakness but due to wrong advice from a doctor I started to use spectacle glasses of .25. I fell comfortable without glasses too and hence after few year my number increased. I want to know if it can be cured. I used diamond eye drops for sight. It had some good results. I want to know if my eyesight can be improved with any method and how to use medicine?
Hi, My wife who is 36 years old having severe pain in her right eye and right part of her head, please advise which doctor should we consult.
My eyes are paining since a few days , will it be due to the computer screen , dust in the environment.
Dear doctor, I have heavy sensation beneath my eyes at times, also it burns during blinking, I have a problem of dry eyes and use maxmoist eye drops. Do you recommend to change the medications.
I think I have piles. It bleeds with stool and make me soo week soon after, I am computer engineer so I have to spend 8 to 10 hours, sitting in front of computer and it start panning after 2 or 3 hours of sitting. And it feels so irritated as I can not help my self.
I have eye problem frm childhood I used many ailments n eye drops consulted many doctors too but my eye prob was still the same while traveling I can't open my eyes wat shld I do to get my eye normal?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
I get pain in my eye and eye lid. Once it starts paining it goes further to my head travelling to the behind of my ear. I've said its mild sinus and there is no medication for this. I've stopped having all cold things, but still suffer with this even in days time without straining myself.
Getting black appearance under my eyes these days. I work on laptop for about 3 hours during night times, is thr a problem? Tell me solution please.
I had tired eyes and dry eyes 4 months back. I showed to an ophthalmologist and he gave me tear drops. The pain dint went and he suggested MRI of the brain . The report was normal. He advised me to stop using the drops. The eyes are less painful and dry. But still the dryness has not gone completely and my eyes pain sometime. The problem is only with right eye. I work on computer and make sure to take breaks . Pls advise.
What will be complication in the future for the girl age 25 with a vision + 3.5? effects on children and will it further deteriorate with age? will there be a possibility that she may loose her vision completely in future?
Sir my head is aching from many days and water is coming from my eyes. What to do? Please suggest some medicine.
Sir I am suffering with eye pains as I sit in front of the system full day I think whta should I do to get out this pains should I buy any drops or any spectacles?
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.