Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nisha Khanna
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Psychosis
Treatment of Suicidal Behavior
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Submit a review for Dr. Nisha KhannaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Nisha Khanna provides answers that are very helpful. because i am an ocd patient
Getting through an ugly divorce is quite a difficult thing, no matter what the reason might be. Your world can turn upside down after a divorce and you have to make a fresh new start in life. Here are some tips you should follow to get through an ugly divorce:
- Accept the fact that it is okay to have different feelings: All feelings like sadness, anger, exhaustion, frustration and confusion are quite intense after a divorce. You should accept these reactions and they will surely decrease with time.
- You need to give yourself a break: Accept the fact that you are weak and time is required to be back to normal functioning. Your work performance can be affected as well. Taking a break is a must after a divorce.
- Do not try to go through the situation alone: You should share your feelings with your friends and family, and you will surely get help. Joining support groups can also be fruitful. Isolation makes your condition worse; so you must go out, interact and share stuff.
- You should take proper emotional and physical care of your body: Eat timely, work out and relax. Try to maintain your normal daily routine and do not make major life decisions during this point of life. Abstain from too much alcohol and cigarettes as they are not a solution.
- Avoid ugly situations: Avoid talking to your former spouse as discussions may lead to ugly situations and fights, which would enhance your misery.
- Take a hobby: Try to do things you love to do from your heart. Join classes, take music lessons, paint pictures and slowly try to enjoy life. Making new friends is also a good idea.
- Think positive: Positive thinking is a must and if you engross yourself in positive, constructive activities, you are likely to feel good. You need to be flexible and in case you have children, do your best to provide them an ideal atmosphere for adjusting to the situation.
- Time can heal everything: Keep one thing in mind that life will eventually return to normal. Time heals everything and one day you will not be affected anymore.
- Talk to your children and help them cope: You need to provide proper care to your kids for coping with the situation. Talk to your children and make them understand that they are not responsible for the divorce by any means. Try to ease their concerns, be compassionate, but maintain a direct approach. Maintain your child's routine exactly how it used to be, so that they feel less amount of sudden change. Do not involve your children in the conflict in any way.
A divorce is extremely difficult to cope with, as one has never faced or felt such a situation before. With proper support and measures, you can get over a divorce much more easily.
It is important to seek for Divorce Counseling when you are undergoing a process of divorce as it takes both emotional and mental toll on your overall well-being. Most of the time for a person, marriage becomes the whole life; then you are not able to deal with these issues on your own. Hence, seeking out for professional counselor for divorce counseling (individual) becomes important.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes from your home. So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day.
Here are 5 tips to instantly reduce your anxiety:
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5 minute breathing regime is a sure shot to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is nice way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone. Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off from the symptoms. In case of a panic attack you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your Anxious Thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay. There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away. There are:
- Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
- Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually affirmations are made to comfort one.
- Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack.
There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Stress is now a disease, more people suffer from it now than ever. Dr. Nisha Khanna tells us how different factors of our lives completely irrelevant to any problem we are facing, can increase the level of stress at that particular time. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
Stress is now a disease, more people suffer from it now than ever. Dr. Nisha Khanna tells us how different factors of our lives completely irrelevant to any problem we are facing, can increase the level of stress at that particular time. Marriage Counsellor Family Counsellor Pre-marital Counsellor Psychologist Psychiatrist Online Marriage Counselling Phone Counselling This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
Stress affects every part of your life including your love life. If you’re feeling too overwhelmed and tense, chances are that you’re libido and appearance will suffer. Studies have shown that being stressed increases the production of cortisol in the body, which makes you less appealing to members of the other sex.
Stressful life circumstances such as not enough money to pay the bills, family members with health problems or figuring out who will do what of the too-much work of running a home clearly can create stress in relationships. At the same time, how a couple talks over these stressful problems either reduces or magnifies the tensions caused by the initial problem. Marriage arguments are the last thing you need when you're already trying to deal with a tough situation.
Take a look at five ways stress can affect your love life.
- It changes your perception of the relationship: Being under stress makes you irritable and snappy. Relationships exposed to high levels of stress most often turn negative with time. This is because stress alters our perception of reality and understanding of people. When you’re stressed, you tend to focus more on what’s wrong with the relationship than what’s right. This can lead to an increase in conflicts between partners.
- It lowers your confidence: For any relationship to work, you must first love yourself. Stress causes self-doubt and lowers your self-confidence. If you’re looking to start a relationship, this can increase your inhibitions in talking to new people or going on a date. If you’re already in a relationship, this lowered self-confidence can lead to problems in bed.
- It affects your appearance: Stress affects not only your emotional and mental frame of mind but your physical state as well. Being under stress to perform can result in binge eating and make you put on weight. Stress itself increases the production of cortisol in the body which in turn makes the skin secrete more oil. Stress can also cause brittle nails and hair loss. Stress also lowers your energy levels and makes you withdraw from social life.
- It lowers your sex drive: Stress makes it difficult to focus on anything other than whatever is troubling you. It has a direct connection to your libido; the higher the stress, the lower your libido. For men this can lead to erectile dysfunctioning while for women it can reduce the amount of natural lubrication produced and make sex uncomfortable.
- It can suppress fertility: Cortisol can also prevent women from ovulating. This can lower your chances of conceiving a child. this is noticed especially in cases of sudden spikes in stress levels and varies from woman to woman. It can also cause fertility problems in men.
The good news is that stress can easily be managed to improve your love life. Meditating and exercising are two effective stress busters that can enhance your love life. Doing this along with your partner not only helps reduce stress but can also bring you closer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I did a cold turkey by suddenly stopping clonafit plus 0.25 mg after taking 3 tablets and had severe withdrawal symptoms, which gradually reduced to some extent when I tried to have my control. As of now I am having numbness, dizziness, severe head ache, seizure while sleeping. Will this go away or is it the withdrawal effects pls help. I was fine before with mild anxiety for which I was prescribed with clonafit.
The mother and the father, both clearly play defined roles in the development of a child’s personality. While the mother teaches the child things like kindness and love, the father reinforces messages like hard work and dedication. Due to various reasons, there are a number of children who end up growing up with single parents. Both the child and the parent have to deal with a lot of hardships.
The patterns observed also differ based on whether the single parent is the mother or the father. There are various negative effects to this, and few of them have been listed below.
- Social disconnect: Most children growing up with a single parent do not feel normal. There is a constant feeling of confused identity. In some cases, the children may not be able to cope with these hardships leading to depression and decreased self-confidence. In the long run, the child may be less compassionate and supportive and more aggressive and confused. There could be a sense of resentment towards the parents for forcing him to live with a single parent. The kid may also despise other children who grow up with both parents. They may also have very less friends and social connect than kids with both parents
- Odd combination: If a single mother is raising a son, her contribution to his growth is very limited from a psychological point of view. They would always look for a father figure whom they can reach out to. Same is the case with a girl growing up with a single father. She misses the mother with whom alone she would be able to share some things. The overall personality in both these cases is significantly altered from boys and girls who grow up with both parents.
- Performance levels: The stress of living with single parents puts pressure on the child constantly, and there could be performance dip in academics, sports, and co-curricular activities. These children also tend to become uncooperative; therefore getting them to follow the school curriculum becomes difficult. The chances of them dropping out of education and getting expelled from school are quite high.
- Social menaces: The incidence of smoking, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse is quite high and also happens much earlier in these kids. Because of the constant stress they are in, these become outlets for them to be themselves.
- Sexual abuse: With single parent children, the chances of sexual abuse (by them and of them) are also quite high.
These are some of the psychological problems that children growing up with single parent face. Although this may not be the case with all the children as every child has a different thinking and reaction. However unpleasant it may be, this continuous battle on raising a child alone and addressing these issues has to be fought every single day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.