Hello, I am Dr Nirupama Parwanda.I am M.D. Dermatology, currently practising at Zolie skin clinic, Kailash Colony, Delhi and Zolie Skin clinic, Sushant Lok 2 in Gurgaon. I would like to discuss acne.
Acne is a very common disorder that is usually seen in the age group of 11 years to 30 years. It is so common that we can even call it physiological. There is a gland known as the sebaceous gland which resides alongside our hair follicles, so when it gets stimulated, when the size of the gland increases, the secretion increase. There is a lot of inflammation associated with it which leads to bumps on your skin known as acne. So, how do we treat acne? to treat acne, we have to;
- First of all heal the pimples or acne that you currently have over your face, over your trunk, over your chest or your arms.
- Secondly, we have to prevent or we have to stop new acne or pimples from developing. Third of all, which is the most important, we have to prevent scarring that can occur due to acne. Caring for your acne prone skin or a pimple prone skin is very important, the most important step is a gentle cleansing of the skin which is an important part of your regimen.
- You do not have to touch your pimples, squeeze them because that might lead to a lot of scarring.
- While choosing make up you have to go for a non-comedogenic makeup which is oil free.
- You have to clean your make up daily after use.
- For men, especially the ones who are shaving, they need to go a little gentle while shaving. They have to gently shave using the razors and have to soften the skin with soaps so that there is no harsh exfoliations or cuts in the areas which have acne.
- The most important part of the treatment comprises of using creams which fight acne. These creams mainly comprise of Clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin and salicylic acid.
- The other important pillar of treatment is using oral medication and choosing them wisely and using them for an adequate period of time so as to have a long time remission/ period-free from acne.
If you want to get your acne treated, you could contact me on Lybrate for online consultation and you could come by at my clinic in Delhi or Gurgaon.read more
Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirupama Parwanda
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirupama ParwandaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is an amazing doctor. I felt very comfortable with her and she educated me well about my problem. I still have to follow up with her after my test results
Nice experience give time to understand the problem and less medication that is required is prescribed
Lybrate | Dr. Nirupama Parwanda speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Photo facial is a dermatological term for a skin treatment makes use of light-based technology and boosts collagen and reduces redness in your skin, treats brown spots, spider veins, broken capillaries, and other issues and gives you younger-looking skin. This is also known as photo facials, facial rejuvenation and photo rejuvenation.
Face is the first thing people notice about you. But harsh cleansers, excessive sun exposure, environmental and dietary factors can leave your skin looking dull and wrinkled, in which case it's not enough to use just cosmetics. Very often, photo facial treatment makes use of ipl (intense-pulsed light) but some dermatologists use led equipment as well. It is extremely important to evaluate and understand which therapy is being used, so that you can pick the treatment which will suit you best. Photo facials are a gentle, less expensive way to change your appearance as opposed to various other treatments.
The number of sittings for an ipl photo facial treatment depends on the severity of the condition and area that needs to be cured, your skin type and the results that you desire. Our aesthetician suggest a daily skin care regime to ensure that you fetch maximum out of your photo facial treatment. You need will vary depending on the condition you're treating, the results. Ipl led techniques are different from each other and therefore, the results also vary.
We recommend that you understand the type of treatment before you choose to undergo the same. An led treatment is good option for it is a painless, relaxing, boosts collagen and kills bacteria to avoid acne. The results of a photo facial technique are natural and not completely transforming like skin surgeries. Various medical studies have proved that a photo facial is beneficial to your skin in more than one way. Talk to our experts for photo facial treatment in greater kailash, get answers for all your queries, and a treatment that your skin will thank you for!
This beautiful patient of ours was troubled by a recent bout of pimples and most of them left behind scars. Along with creams and medicines, we decided to help her get rid of the blemishes a little faster by doing a chemical peel on her.
Pdo threads used for jawline contouring. To help reduce the double chin and achieve a sharper and more youthful jawline.
Thread lift could be your answer to a sagging jawline due to excess weight gain/loss or as a part of aging. Pdo thread lifts are safe and effective and contoured lifting by them can give you a more youthful look.
Always check for #noncomedogenic nature of the #makeup and #creams on the labels. Try use #oilfree #moisturisers and #gel based moisturisers. While choosing a sunscreen try sticking to #gel based or #aquagel based #sunscreen. #acnetips #5 #dermatologist #southdelhi #gurgaon #ncr #delhi #beautifulskin #jolie #zolie #mua #sunkissed.
You are #unique, so is #yourskin and so are your #skincare needs. You need an #acne #regimen that is specifically designed for your particular needs and would work #wonders for you. #ask your #dermatologist to create a regimen that would work #best for your #skintype and would #healacne. #skinclinic #acnetip #delhi #ncr #gurgaon #southdelhi #delhidiaries.