Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NilamYour feedback matters!
Dear sexologist. Mera 4th time sex hai. Vagina sucking ke time vagina ke andar kuch pani jaise nikalta. Tha Woh pani mouth ke andar chala gaya hai. Hum dono ko koi problems hoga gaya kya . Kindly batao please.
Hello doctor, I am 22 year old female my period. Not occur till today about one month 5 days last period date is 26/5/2015, home pregnancy test is negative, thyroid test is negative, some pregnancy symptoms is there why this is going on. Worried about this, Shall wait for few days or give any solution.
It is important for you to have a healthy and balanced body in order to perform your daily activities well. People often think health supplements are efficient alternatives to a healthy diet and regular physical exercise while most of the doctors and nutritionists believe that there is no need for any health supplement if you take in right quantity and quality of food and engage in regular exercise. While health supplements are not alternatives to a healthy lifestyle, they are somewhat necessary for everyday health in the hectic lifestyles of today.
Nowadays, stress (learn more about for Controlling Everyday STRESS) is a constant companion and the foods that we consume are often not of proper quality. You may think that you are taking foods full of nutrients but pesticides and chemicals used farming diminish the nutrient content from the crops. This creates a necessity for taking health supplements for the proper nourishment of body.People with certain medical conditions also need supplements. Supplements fill the gap in your diet.
Beneficial health supplements:
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding (leanr more about the Benefits of Breastfeeding) women need iron supplements. Folic acid can be supplemented in your diet in order to reduce the chances of birth defects.
- You can take in vitamin D supplements if they don't get enough sunlight every day. Adults, especially after the age of 40 need vitamin D and calcium supplements to maintain bone health.
- Adults above the age of 40 are also advised to take vitamin B-12 supplements.
Supplements have some side effects depending upon your health condition. If you take some supplements along with some other medicines or before surgeries, they can lead to serious complications. Research has concluded that some vitamin and minerals supplements particularly iron supplements, increase the risk of death. So it is necessary to have a proper examination of the body before you take health supplements. The risk factors include:
- Taking vitamin B6 regularly in excess of 100 mg may lead to damage of your nerves
- Taking 400 international units of vitamin E on a regular basis increases the health risk and may even lead to premature death
- Taking multivitamins does not supplement poor eating habits.
My Sister (35years) has continuous periods from past two months, she got the scan done and everything is fine. They gave her tablets for hormonal changes. Till she took tablets it was fine but bleeding stated again when she stopped the tablets. Is it because of strain because she has to travel to different places in india due to the nature of her work.
Dear mam mari age 33 years hai may female hu muze 11 sal se thyroid hai mai 100 mg ki goli leti hu mam jab bhi husband ke sath intercourse hota hai tab vagina bohot dry hota hai aur mera nightfall bhi nahi hota hai husband satisfy nahi hai aur muze sex bhi bhout kam ata hai mera period bhi irregular hai 8 din late ata hai aur muze flow 1 hi din reheta hai aur wo bhi bhaut kam period ana k 10 din phailey maray 2 breast may bohot pain raheta hai aur period ane k bad pain kam ho jata hai. Mere brest ka size bhi bhout kam hai please muze treatment bataiya may is problem say bhout tansion may hu. Please suggest me treatment.
I am 27 having facial hair in chin and chicks uperlevs. Irregular periods problem. How to get ride of this.
Hello doctor. Pls give an advice of conceiving a boy child. At what time of intercourse will it happen?
What are the chances of second time in two years to get shingles (Herpes zoster? I had shingles in 2014, May and treated with Acyclovir, now I am feeling pain right thigh exactly same grade of pain.
Hello Dr. Am 23/year female today going to the Dr. planing for baby they give me gynovit syrup and folic acid 5mg tablet confuse about this! my last LMP is 11/4/2016 Why Dr. given this am really confused please answer me?
Hi I have a very important question. Me and gf. Was dated last month on 26thdec. We were dry humping. She were on her panty inside panty her period pad was there as she was in periods on 6th day. She was still bleeding. During dry humping. I cummed and that liquid just touched her panty. She changed both panty and pad and cleaned herself. Der was nothing Penetration's or intercourse between us. And she is still virgin. This month on 22nd was her period due she is still not getting her period. We both are very afraid that she will get pregnant. Can you tell she's pregnant or something problem. What should we do to get her periods soon. Please help. Very much confused and scared off. My age is 26 and she is 24.
5 years back My wife got a pregnant and within 1 month we abort a child by a pills. So is it fine to have a baby without cleaning a womb or should we go for a doctor.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.