Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NEERAJ GOELYour feedback matters!
My stomach size is going on increasing. It appears as if I am pregnant. I had oral sex once that to 5 months back. I am having lot of gas problem. This problem is since a month. What is the cause for my problem and what should I do?
I'm having severe diarrhoea since morning. I haven't been experiencing any stomach pains up until 8 pm. I've had a few zinetac and 2 roko and a medicine to stop diarrhea whose name I don't remember, my mom gave it to me but it was supposedly a very strong one which could stop diarrhea. But it didn't really work much. I need help ASAP, which medicine should I take. Please it's urgent and it's getting bad by the hour.
I have a anal itching from last 6 months initially I thought its due to summer and sweaty conditions but since it has not recovered I consulted a general surgeon who said it's a fissure and gave a anobliss cream initially it gave a good relief but after couple of day I stopped that cream again I felt that itching. I have consulted a dermatologist basis the suggestion I got from one of the Doctor on Lybrate whereas doctors gave some creams post using for 2 months I felt it's not working out as the problem still exist Mean while I observed that I am have gas problem and high farts and some stool is coming out I thought this itching might be because of the stool hence I consulted gastroenterologist to help for gases he gave some other cream smooth" now that itching has gone to next stage and I got a rash and problem has increased Can anyone guide me to right doctor which specialist can give me a right solution Is it dermatologist, general surgeon or any other doctor.
My bowel is very frequent. Sometimes twice - thrice in a day. Is there any big issue related to it? Is this normal? Should I consult some physician?
I am having gastric problem on regular basis which also creates problem for me in breathing please suggest me.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.
Related Tip: "Colorectal Surgery: How To Be Sure You Really Need It"