Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Neelesh TiwariYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I am always having inferiority complex so always feeling nervous while attending interview even I know all answers but expressing answers not well please give me any advice on this.
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'. Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.
My nerves are so weak from the age of 15 I use tobacco, alcohol before one year I have stopped those habits now if semen comes out my body feels so weak for at least three days and has nerve tingling in foot. What medicine should I take for TT.
Hello Doctors, This is about my girlfriend, somehow she's got addicted to whitener inhaling. I told her to quit but she's found herself unable to quit inhaling. Please please suggest some useful and better ways to quit this. And one more thing recently she faced a blood flow from his nose, is it because of this inhaling habit? Please suggest us.
I' am taking anti-depressants for about 2 years now, my anxiety and mood swings decreased substantially once I started taking them. While I continue to take them, I wonder if there are foods that can compliment my medicinal intake to keep my serotonin levels healthy.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am elder son in my family, I have to face all the responsibility / works etc. Due to this circumstances I am getting tension frequently, so please advise me how to reduce my tension. I am bellow the normal height I have belly due to chair work please advice me how to reduce my belly.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and perfect keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
Jab mai kisi se baat krti hu to agar koi word mujhe samjh nhi ata to m dobara poochti hu. Aise hota hai k wohi baat agar next person ne wording change kr k bta di to mujhe aise hota hai k jaise usne phle bola tha same wo hi wording me btae. Nhi to mere mind me wo baat chlti rhti hai k phle usne kya word bola tha. Chahe meaning same ho dono words ka but mujhe phle wala word hi pta chlna chahiye. Fir mera kisi kaam me dhyan nhi lgta thore time k liye bhi wo baat mind se jati nhi hai jb tk m wo baat next person se clear nhi kr leti Phle bhout jyada problem thi ab thori thk hai Phle mujhe ye sb k saath hota tha Lekin ab sirf mere father in law k saath hota hai Jb tk m unse poochti nhi k unhone kya kha tha tb tk mera mind free nhi hota Fer head ache hoti hai Heart beat fast ho jati hai Mind bilkul relax nhi hota Right side jyada headache ki problm hai Phle ye bhi problm thi k agr m kisi ko msg krti thi or wo uska rply nhi krta tha to ye baat bhi mujhe stress deti thi Fir m us prsn se khti thi k apne mere msg ka rply nhi kiya Rply ane k baad sb thk ho jata hai Aise hi baat pta chle k baad ek dum relax ho jati hu Ab msg wali problm nhi hai But ye problm continu hai k baat pta nhi chlti to tnsd rhti hu Fir kuch krne ko mn nhi krta Ab m married hu from 7 months Mujhe bout problm aa rhi hai please help me M clomipramine 50 mg Escitelopram 20 mg le rhi hu But thora fark hai Pr mujhe is se neend bhout ati hai please suggest me something am in trouble.
My brain is full of ideas 2/3 ideas run in my brain and im inconsistent in taking decisions but, I do know about the positive and negative s of those ideas but unable to select any one of them. And also I have a habit of daydreaming and I was also overconfident and most of the times I will be fully depressed, please please I request you to help me how to get rid of these problems.
I have a hair problem. Itz thinning at some parts on my head. My hair is thick in most of d places whereas itz thin n brittle at some I used hair gels in d past but stopped it a year back I am a smoker since 2-3 years n smoke 2 fags a day Im a student n I stay in a hostel where a few more guyz have similar problems who do not smoke or use gels n hair styling products. What can b the cause and remedy. Plzz help me.
I was prescribed clonotril 1 mg for panic attack I am taking the tablet from March and then I slowly reduced it to 0.5 mg and now from 2 days I am taking 0.25 mg because I am experiencing low libido. Pls tell me how to stop this medicine.
Sir, I can not speak before an audience as I will think about them what they would think about me. Therefore I am not in a position to do official communication before them .Please give a reply.
I am 21 years old. I have severe head ache and back ache for a long period of days. I am not able to concentrate in any other thing. What should I do now?
My mother aged 80 years suffering from parkinson and was under treatment for Syndopa cr daily once was suddenly asked to stop due to which she had tremors and right now ridden.
Me depression me hu me khush nhi rahti h mene recently job join ki h lekin wo b me dil see nhi kr PA Rahu hu.
I have mood swings. A minute ago I would be happy and then Sad thinking about my studies and pressure. What should i do to cure?
Heat and cold are some of the most common types of non-addictive pain relief therapies for treating muscle and joint pain. Depending on whether the pain is a new one or a recurring one, a medical practitioner will prescribe either heat therapy or cold therapy. A new injury causes inflammation and swelling. Here cold therapy is used as the ice will lower the amount of blood flow to the injured area, thus reducing the inflammation and swelling. Recurring pain can be treated with heat. This is because heat will cause blood to flow towards the injured area and thus promote healing.
Heat Therapy: Heat is used to open up blood vessels, thus increasing blood flow and supplying oxygen and nutrients so as to reduce pain in joints and help relax sore muscles, tendons and ligaments. The warmth of the heat also helps to decrease muscle spasms and can increase the range of motion. By applying superficial heat to your body, you can also improve the flexibility of tendons, reduce muscle spasms and reduce pain.
Most sources of heat either supply dry or moist warmth. Dry heat sources will dry the skin. Moist heat helps to penetrate even better. Heat can be applied by using an electric or microwave heating pad, gel packs or hot water baths. The heat supplied should be warm, not be too hot and should be kept at a consistent temperature. Consult your doctor or physical therapist about the heat source, which would be best for you.
Heat should be applied if one has stiff joints or joint pain. Never apply heat directly to the skin, instead always trap the hot device in a thin towel.
Cold Therapy: Cold slows down or reduces the blood flow to an injured area, thus reducing pain and swelling of the area. Cold therapy slows blood circulation, reducing inflammation. It should be used when the area is swollen or bruised. Cold is generally applied by an ice or gel pack.
Any cold treatment should always be used 24 to 48 hours after an injury. Cold therapy is useful for sprains, bumps and bruises that may occur during sports or lifting. You can apply the cold packs or ice bags to the injured areas for 20 minutes. It is advisable to remove the cold pack for a ten minute interval and then apply it again to the injured area.
While using cold therapy, use the ice pack for not longer than 20 minutes at a stretch. Wrap the ice or ice pack in a thin towel before applying it on the injured area. Do not use ice pack on the left shoulder in case you have a heart condition. Never use ice packs around the front or side of the neck region. Both cold and heat therapy are important and their usage depends on the type of injury and pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.