Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nassir Subhan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nassir SubhanYour feedback matters!
I am Suffering From Severe Fever 4 Last Three Days and Having Bad Throat Also. My Body Is Badly Aching As well.
One of the most common gastric problems faced by people is hyperacidity. The stomach normally secretes acids, which are essential for the digestion of food. However, due to various reasons, there could be excessive acid secretion or the secreted acid not utilized well. This could lead to acidity or reflux of the acid, which also causes other symptoms, as listed below.
- Dyspepsia: This queasy stomach feeling leads to nausea, burping, bloating, and abdominal pain, especially in the upper region.
- Regurgitation: This is when the contents of the stomach come up into the throat, and sometimes even lead to vomiting. This could leave a bad taste in the mouth.
- Heartburn: The regurgitated acid can lead to a burning sensation in the chest/upper abdominal area.
The acid that is usually contained within the stomach can regurgitate and reach the esophagus, where it can damage the lining, even leading to ulcers.
Reasons for hyperacidity:
Though it is a chronic condition, there could be episodes when the acidity feeling is quite high.
- After a heavy meal: Food in the stomach promotes acid production, and too much food causes excessive acid production.
- When the valve that controls reflux of acid into the esophagus is weak, there could be a release of acid on bending over or lying on the back, leading to heartburn.
- Too much stress leads to excessive acid production, again causing hyperacidity.
- Pregnancy may cause hyperacidity.
Hyperacidity is a chronic condition, but can definitely be managed through prevention and cure.
- Prevention: Different people have different triggers and a pattern is usually identifiable. When you know the triggers, try avoiding them. This includes avoiding the food items which cause (caffeine, chocolate, smoking, alcohol, fried foods, nuts, etc.) acidity. Smoking especially aggravates hyperacidity and so does stress.
- Home remedies: Some of the common home remedies used by people are listed below:
- Ripe banana, with its rich potassium content, beats the acid and provides relief.
- A cup of cold milk absorbs excessive acid and provides relief.
- Jeera relieves gas, promotes saliva, and soothes the stomach lining.
- Elaichi or cardamom relieves spasms caused by acid and reduces the effect of acid.
- Pudina or mint reduces acid and has a cooling effect on the stomach.
- Alma or gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and helps control acidity.
- Cloves stimulate salivation and improve movement of food through the stomach.
- Other Tips: In addition, the following measures are also helpful.
- Not lying down soon after a meal
- Keeping a moderate meal portion
- Sitting for a while after eating (no movement)
- Avoiding spicy food
- Avoid large meals
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.