Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello doctor. Pls suggest some medicines to improve skin tone and texture. M suffering from pcod also ovarian cyst. But it's under control by medication. My skin is becoming dark. And also uneven and rough. And also my hair doest grow I want long silky hairs. I have mild facial hairs also. Pls help.
Hi doctor I had sex with my wife during her menstrual period on 3rd day. She had some bleeding without pain. May I know what happens if I have sex during woman's period. Is there is any problem.
I have been using deodorants from a long period of time, by the end of the day my body smells a lot, somewhat I got to know deodorants causes body to smell after its effects are over. I have left using deodorants from past 1 week but still by the evening the body Odour rises, and I sweat a lot, so kindly guide how to reduce body Odour.
There is shortage of water during 8 month pregnancy, please advise its remedy to overcome this deficiency?
I am 21 years old and from a few weeks back I am suffering from chest pain. Don't know the reason why I am getting pain. I Am getting fear that I have breast lumps what to do to confirm this?
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
swelling in her vagina and pain in her stomach .blooding at large .periods wer ove bt still blooding .she had sex on 9 th oct and periods start on 10th oct .what she have to do.
Meri partner ko 7 month chal rha hai pregnancy ka, kya mai sex kar sakta hun Koi problem to nahi hai.
• Stay Slimmer With Water--Replace calorie-filled beverages with water, and drink a glass before meals to help you feel fuller.
Drinking more water helps in metabolism .
• Water Boosts Your Energy - The right amount of water will help your heart pump your blood more effectively. And water can help your blood transport oxygen and other essential nutrients to your cells.
• Lower Stress With Water - About 70% to 80% of your brain tissue is water. If you're dehydrated, your body and your mind are stressed. To keep stress levels down, drink water.
• Build Muscle Tone With Water - Drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates joints in the body.
• Nourish Your Skin - Fine lines and wrinkles are deeper when you're dehydrated. Water is nature's own beauty cream.
Drinking water hydrates skin cells and plumps them up, making your face look younger. It also flushes out impurities and improves circulation and blood flow, helping your skin glow.
• Stay Regular With Water - Along with fiber, water is important for good digestion.
Water helps dissolve waste particles and passes them smoothly through your digestive tract.
• Water Reduces Kidney Stones- Water dilutes the salts and minerals in your urine that form the solid crystals known as kidney stones.
According to international study a healthy diet of fruits vegetables nuts whole grains and fish lowered the risk of a repeat heart attack and stroke and death from heart disease
And also suggested and proven that using smart phones to keep track of calorie intake and physical activity can be highly effective in helping people shed pounds.