Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Mani PrithaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I had been a normal smoker for almost 3 years now. 3 cigarettes a day on an average. And moreover I had been using marijuana continuously for almost 2 years now. I really wish to stop both of these habits as it keeps me away from the things I want to achieve in my life. I had tried stopping both but was not successful for a period more than a month. I fall in depression and anger towards the end of the month. Please help me out with some medication if possible. I really wish to stop this and achieve great things in my life. I hope what I have shared with you remains with you. Is it necessary that I take anti depression pills?
I want to increase my memory and concentration. What I have to do ? I really wanna increase my memory. Help me.
I'm suffering from some psychological problems. I'm always having negative thoughts and sometimes I just want to leave everyone and commit suicide. I'm 19 years old female and I can't even study and I don't want to go to the college I just want to be alone every time. I lost my dad in my childhood and now I'm in a relationship from 3 years. But I'm not happy with it but I don't want to leave him I'm getting very serious for even small things. My over thinking was killing me I'm very depressed but I can't consult the doctor so please suggest me what I have to do. Due to this mental illness I'm also getting weak day by day. I don't even want to talk with friends or family members.
I am in a very strange situation. I am getting lot of love from my bf but we have trust issues. My bf doubts that I am in relation with my friend and calls me my ex. He keeps blaming me about him. He says that my friend comes online only when I am not talking to my bf. I got vexed up with this an d broke all contacts with my friend for my bf. I never tried to contact my friend again. I thought that issues gets settled after this. But my bf still blames that I am in contact with my friend. whenever we are not in contact, he always doubts that I am with my friend. I tried to make him clear on this many times but he is not believing me. I thought to check my friends online status and saved his number on my mobile just to check his online status. One day his number is not getting deleted, So I had to uninstall whats app before my bf came to my place. When I asked my friend to send whats app app to me, my bf heard that and starts doubting me more. I thought that it is nt possible for my friend to come online every time when I am not talking to my bf. But that app is just killing me. whenever my bf is not talking with me. He is getting notification that my friend is online and according to my bf. I message my bf only when my friend goes offline. Things have gone worsened day by day. So I contacted my friend and told him about my problem. My friend asked me to leave my bf as he does not trust me. But I did not agree to that. Later I deleted my call loggs in my fon regarding my conversation with my friend, thinking that my bf will doubt more. But My bf is too intelligent that he checked true caller and identified that I talked to my friend. At that time my friend gave another number of his classmate so that I can call him if his network was not good. My bf noted that number also. Also, my friend has a gf whose number I gave to my bf. But he says that my friend and his gf never came online together. Later my bf started saying that number is also my friend's and that he is maintaining two numbers for me. Recently his classmate created whats app and my bf started abusing me that this number is also my friend's and he is maintaining 3 numbers for me. whenever one person in those three numbers comes online when I am not in contact with my bf. He starts abusing me very badly calling me a prostitute and a bitch. When I am not working, I used to spend onm skype whole day with my bf so that he does not doubt me. Even then when I used to go for wash room or drinking water, my bf used to doubt me. Now I have started working and now it is impossible to talk to him on skype all day. He thinks that I am having another phone which I uses only to contact my friend which is not true. Because of this in stopped going out and stay on skype whole day until I sleep. Now he started abusing that my friend comes online only after I get up and talks to me. When I am talking to him on for also, my bf thinks that i am chatting with my friend. Now a days he is blaming that I am chatting with my friend even when I am chatting with my bf. Continued in next question.
I am not able to control my smoking. have tried many medicines bt couldnt get rid of it. What should I do now?
Am 23 years old. My gilr frnd cheated me. And her married another boy. I can't forget her. My mind fully stressed. Sometime I try suicide. Pls tel me how can I forget her. I did meditation and yoga. But I can't divert my mind set. Pls relieve from this.
Do you get angry easily? Do you fume when something goes against your wish? Does your blood pressure rocket when someone tells you something that you don't like? Anger is a normal emotion of human psychology, but it is equally important to keep your anger under control. Just like any other emotion, anger too varies from person to person, and the circumstances. Uncontrolled anger can lead to mental and physical stress. It also causes stress on relationships and damages your health. Therefore, it is important to practice anger management exercises to control such extremes of emotions.
Here are some of the anger management tips that can help you control your anger:
- Think before you speak: We often say something out of anger and then regret it later. This is a common condition that has been faced by almost everyone at some point of time. Do not say things abruptly without thinking. Always take your time and think over what you are about to say.
- Express your anger once you are calm: Do not say things at the heat of the moment. Once you calm down, express your views on things that are bothering you. This will help you express better without hurting anyone.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the best tools to reduce stress. Light meditative exercises performed on a regular basis such as a morning jog or deep breathing can control your anger to a great extent.
- Identify the specific cause: Instead of being grumpy about things that make you angry, try to find out the root cause of the issue and eliminate it, so that you don't have to face it again. Remind yourself that anger won't solve the problem and can only make situations worse.
- Hold no grudge: Holding on to the negative feelings can only have a negative impact on your own health. Learn to forgive others. Forgiving not only keeps the relationship healthy, but also keeps you away from stress and negative emotions.
- Practice relaxation tactics: When your temper reaches its height, put your relaxation tactics in action. A few tactics like deep breathing or repeating words to yourself like "Take it easy" or "Calm down" can actually calm you down during critical situations.
- Take a timeout: Take short breaks during stressful times of your day. This helps to release some of your stress and calm you down. You may also listen to music, take a light snack or do something that you like, to spend some time away from stressful conditions of your daily routine.
Related Tip: "How To Control Extreme Anger"