Memory lapses aren’t exclusive to old-age which is why it is necessary to keep your mind sharp across all ages. The cognitive skill, memory, can be affected by various factors such as lack of sleep, hypertension, substance abuse etc. Here are a few tips which will help you keep your mind sharp:
Take Frequent Breaks: If you work for long hours at a stretch without taking a break, you run a risk of putting excessive strain on your brain which slows down its reflexes. Giving the brain a break once a while is a good idea and during a “brain break”, you could engage in mentally stimulating activities such as playing Sudoku or puzzles.
Repeat To Learn Better: If you want to remember a crucial piece of information, it is advisable that you repeat that particular piece of information more than twice for a more comprehensive understanding. This tip would be even more effective if you read out aloud the information which needs to be remembered for uninterrupted concentration and comprehension.
Learn To Play An Instrument: Learn to play a musical instrument and regularly practice it as music stimulates the cells in your brain. Studies have shown a strong connection between relaxing forms of music such as instrumental or Celtic music and the motor areas of the brain which are linked to the learning and cognitive spaces. This happens because music triggers the “feel good” neurotransmitter in your brain.
Dietary Changes: Incorporate more nutritious items to your diet such as fresh fruits and vegetables as they are rich in fibre and vitamins which keep the brain and body healthy. Adding fish oil or fatty fishes such as salmon and trout is a must because they are rich in Omega-3 acids which help your brain retain information for a longer period.
Over-indulging in junk food can cause your brain to slow down while extreme crash-diets can cause lethargy in the cognitive areas of your brain. Hence, you should aim to balance your meals.
Anxiety refers to an emotion,which you may feel due to a stressful condition. No matter how much you try, it is not possible for you to stay happy and carefree always. There are many situations in life that make you anxious and create stressful conditions for you. But you must try your best to overcome anxiety, as prolonged anxiety can lead to severe health problems such as heart diseases, asthma and chest pain. There are many causes responsible for anxiety.
Some of the causes are as follows
- Emotional stress which may develop due to personal problems.
- Stress at your workplace or educational institute.
- If you suffer from any traumatic situation, then it may lead to anxiety.
- Financial problems may cause stress and anxiety.
- Stress caused due to social problems.
Some of the most common symptoms of anxiety are
- Muscle pain
- Feeling restless
- You experience rapid heart beats
- You may often get irritated
Homeopathy offers promising treatments for reducing anxiety
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below
- Aconite: Your doctor may suggest you this medicine if you show symptoms of breathing trouble or you experience rapid heartbeats or if the complexion of your face changes. This is also recommended in case of panic attacks and nervousness.
- Lycopodium: This is effective in reducing anxiety if the cause of your anxiousness is emotional stress and also if you show symptoms of irritation, diarrhea or fear of claustrophobic situations.
- Phosphorus: This medicine is recommended if you suffer from emotional stress and show symptoms of extreme and uncontrolled anger.
- Pulsatilla: This is a medicine, which may be advised to you if you suffer from anxiety due to emotional insecurity.
- Argentum Nitricum: This may be prescribed to you if you suffer from anxiety resulting from phobias.
- Arsenic album: Your doctor may advice you this medicine if you show symptoms of restlessness or if your anxiety is due to financial insecurity.
Homeopathic treatment for anxiety is very effective since it treats your problem after examining the root cause of your anxiety.
Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on.