Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monika Nadar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Monika NadarYour feedback matters!
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
I work at least 10 hours in front of computer. Is it needed to wear a computer glass? And wanted to know if I won't then what is going to happen?
I have allergies, and my eye are affected the most, they are puffy, red and itchy. What should I do?
Headaches are common among working people as accumulated stress results in headaches and tiredness. Among the many different causes, strain on the eyes is one of the leading reasons for that annoying headache.
Taking an eye exam is recommended in case you are having headaches. The issues may not always be related to the eyes, but still a thorough eye check up is recommended. Strain in the eye is caused when small muscles present in the eye have to put in more effort than usual. Symptoms include aching, tired eyes with blurred vision and accompanying headaches. Such headaches are caused because of the following reasons:
Hyperopia: This disorder is also called farsightedness. In case of this disorder, the images are focused by the eye behind the retina, and causes blurred vision and strain upon the eyes. Headaches occur as a result.
Presbyopia: This kind of problem occurs when the lens hardens and becomes inflexible with old age. This makes it hard for a person to focus and causes sore eyes along with headaches.
All disorders or conditions of the eyes can be rectified with the use of prescribed spectacles and contact lenses. For people already having glasses, regular eye check up should be carried out. Your power may increase which you are unlikely to notice, so regular check ups are vital.
Other causes: Headaches related to eye strain and eye problem can also develop from other causes. They are:
- Glaucoma, an eye disease also causes headaches. This disease is characterized by the development of a fluid in the eyes, which in turn causes the internal eye pressure to shoot up. This pressure fluctuation can lead to headaches in many cases of glaucoma.
- Cataract affected people suffer from headaches as well. Cataracts develop in individuals due to ageing. The lens becomes cloudy, and the vision gets blurred and slowly diminishes. The eye has to give more effort resulting in eye strain and accompanying headaches.
Prevention: In case you are having headaches, and you are not being able to find out the reason behind it, you should have an eye check up. Eyes are very sensitive and added strain to them causes headaches. People who use computers for long hours are affected by headaches due to eye strain. The best prevention is to have an eye examination and switch to glasses or lenses if required.
Headaches are of various kinds and arise from different factors, but eye strain is known to cause a lot of headaches in people who do eye stress involving activities.
Hii my eyes become red in the evening and maximum yellowish in the day. I have a minor problem of cholesterol. What do I do.
I am a single. I just had a break-up with my loved one. My girlfriend. We were in deep relationship. We had immense love. But not she got married. I am missing her every fraction of second. I am hungry for love. Just love. I need that care, love. What do I do ? All negative thoughts are coming to my mind. Since I am cultured I cannot afford to do any stupid mistakes. Please help me, and tell me how to get out of it.
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
- Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
- Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK has many benefits, including:
- It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used.
- Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
- After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
What Happens During LASIK Eye Surgery?
During LASIK eye surgery, an instrument called a microkeratome or femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The cornea flap is then painlessly peeled back and the underlying corneal tissue is reshaped using another laser. After the cornea is reshaped so that it can properly focus light onto the retina, the cornea flap is put back in place and the surgery is complete.
LASIK is performed while the patient is under local anesthesia in the form of eye drops and usually takes about 10 minutes to complete. Patients may also request mild sedation. Plan to have someone drive you home after surgery.
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision. Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.
Ent or allergic suggestion. Having problems in breathing and blinking of eyes continuously which cause in restlessness.
LASIK or Laser-Assisted in-situ Keratomileusis is a kind of eye surgery used for correcting certain vision problems as well as reducing or doing away with the need for corrective lenses or eyeglasses. It is a widely used refractive surgery that alters the shape of your cornea, the transparent tissue on the frontal portion of the eye. The fundamental aim of this surgery is to refract (bend) light rays in order to make them focus on the retina with improved precision, thus creating a sharper and clearer vision.
You can go for a LASIK eye surgery if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Myopia or Nearsightedness: It is a condition wherein you enjoy a clearer vision while looking at objects that are close to you. However, distant objects would appear blurred.
- Hypermetropia or Farsightedness: Here, you may experience blurred vision while focusing on objects which are near to you but tend to enjoy better clarity in vision while viewing objects which are placed at a distance.
- Astigmatism: It is a condition disrupting focus of both the distant and close (near) vision.
Learn About The Different Tyoes Of Lasik-
- C-Lasik- C-Lasik or Customized Lasik is gaining ground as the latest and the most effective tool for restoring the quality of one’s vision. It uses a Wave front Guided customized ablation to render personalized treatment to each individual. While the surgical procedure stays the same, C-Lasik, also known as “Eagles’ Eye Vision” can provide the perfect shape to the eye surface, helping one to focus accurately. C-Lasik means that laser eye treatment is now unique to each eye. With C-Lasik, treatment is designed specifically to treat your individual vision errors. It improves the quality of your vision. Each C-Lasik assessment involves an extra diagnostic (screening) process to let the surgeon understand your vision better and select the most suitable treatment for you.
- iLasik- iLasik is the first vision rectifying procedure that is fully customized, done with the use of a laser. It is used to rectify myopia till a measure of 10 diopters, hypermetropia up to +5 diopters and astigmatism, till -5 dioptersafter evaluation of cornea. iLASIK is different from normal LASIK surgery because it recognises that every eye is different. Using 3D mapping technology, the characteristics along with the uniqueness of each eye is recognised. Then using this information, a blueprint is developed so that the lasers can target the right areas. High-frequency pulses are used to create a corneal flap which is lifted so that another laser can repair your eyes. iLasik is the only procedure that has the technology to personalize treatment to individual vision needs. In fact, wavefront measurements are 25 times more precise than those taken with conventional methods used for eyeglasses and contacts.
- Contoura Vision LASIK- Contoura Vision is the most advanced technology available for laser vision correction when it comes to accuracy and precision. This diagnostic technology is able to meticulously identify and record irregularities in the cornea’s curvature as well as its optics. During the procedure, this information is combined with the patient’s corrective eyewear prescription to dramatically improve vision for those suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. While standard LASIK surgery has been helping individuals enhance correct visual refractive errors for many years, Contoura Vision takes the treatment a step further by offering even greater degrees of enhanced vision quality. Potential benefits of this technique can also include a reduced “glare” at night and even an increase in reading speed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.