Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meghna KanakiaYour feedback matters!
I cannot concentrate on studies. I think I am addicted to internet and porn. I have my exams after 2 days. Please suggest me what should I do.
Hello Doctor. I'm working in night shift for Almost 4+years. Is working in night without enough sleep will affect my thinking and decision making capabilities? I also feel many difference in my concentration power. Please help me out.
Hi doctor. I have a habit of smoking. so what precautions should I can take to cure my health. I Am going swimming and running. But the breathing is very fast. please tell. Thank you for keep this facilities.
I am. Addicts of chewing tobacco Trying to quit. Is there any problem if quit suddenly. Is there any oral treatment. For my tough n. Cheeks.
My wife experience severe body pain nowadays. Will body massage help in any way? is there specific oil which can be used and will be effective?
I'm 21 ,away from home. 63 kg And 5.3 ft I'm a Pure Vegetarian and no smoking No Drugs or Drinks not even Soft drinks. I'm facing a Problem with my erection from last one month. I'm not sure it's ED or Anxiety, but I was worried about my dick Size Since it's Just 5.5 while erection. And I'm facing a Starting stuck while peeing now. What should I do?
I can not understanding what am studying. My exams are near. What I studied is forgetting. What I want to do?
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine. These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees. Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I think my problem is related to psychiatrist or psychologist - I m not sure. Need that clarity. For long, I have been finding myself dull, not interested in life or work. At times I don't remember what I discussed with someone or I have promised to do. I even tend to forget things, tasks. I don't find energy in myself to do something or initiate something other than my regular office job or mandatory things required to do at home. Though I try but I don't enjoy with people companies or with family if I go outside. Feels depressed from a long time now. Sometimes have a pain at back of neck where the head joins but not always. There is a history of last 7 years when I got married and in parallel I switched job. One. My wife was not able to align with my side of family and in all that jugglery it have me a lot of stress. Though I was hyper active in my life before marriage foreg doing gym, joining dance class, going parties, doing adventurous activities but suddenly everything came to stop as she was and is not interested in any playful activity nor she was ever supportive if I propose to do the same. It continuously added onto my stress and my physical health deteriorated. Though my wife situation with my side of family improved now but now I m not able to aggregate any energy to do outside fun activities. Romance and sex also was hardly present between us which also caused added stress and life is running as it is as if I m living for some reason that is our daughter. Two. My job switch at the same time. I moved from a big firm to a small family company at the same time. The environment was too demanding and the boss behavior was unbearable. It was all time shouting, screaming environment, a lot of micro management was done from his side - which caused me a lot of stress. Though I tried to leave the job many times - resigned 3 times - but he did not allowed me to leave and created an environment that I could not leave it. But it never improved the situation. He has been very active to track our cvs on all job sites and everytime used to show printouts of our cv and forced us to remove the profiles. Though I have been finally able to quit last year still jobless that time. But now my new job does not have that kind of environment. And I feel lot relieved. But that previous job has created such an impact on my mental status that I m still struggling with my mental strengths, energy levels, no concentration power, low remembrance and a lost will-power that I used to have in ample. (symptoms mentioned in 1st para). Looking for some guidance how to come back to a better life and get back my will power, concentration power, stamina, remembrance power and so a happy un- depressed life.
I am a 63 yrs old, male, retired from a Managerial position. A patient of essential Hypertension and Diabetes (DM2), with mild cervical spondilytis . Recently passed through Diabetic Neuropathic phase with 'cramps in legs' and nerves of left hand.
I lost somebody close last year and I am feeling depressed and it has become difficult for me to come out of it. Suggest me.
Does extraction of teeth affects on brain? I I have problems in remembering text book stuffs? Please advice.
Hi doctor, I don't feel like talking to anyone and even hate being indulged in any activity I find everyone fake and manipulative. Please advise.
with the exams approaching, the pressure increasing and the anxiety reaching the pinnacle; being able to concentrate on what you study and remembering it is the most important concern of the hour.
Here are some tips which will help you to concentrate on your studies and remember whatever you have studied:-
* keep your cell phone aside. These days, the cell phone addiction has become more difficult to cure than any other addiction. It is better to switch off your cell phone and keep it in a place far from your reach so that you can concentrate on what you are needed to concentrate on rather than what is pulling your attention.
* make a timetable and stick to it. Make a proper schedule of each day which will include what time will you wake up, when you will eat, when you will take a nap etc. Even include what subject and what chapters you will study each day. This will make your revision planned and hassle free.
* take adequate sleep. It is necessary to sleep at least 6 hours in a day even during exams as your brain needs that much time to recuperate from the stress and strain. Studies have shown that taking an adequate sleep of 6 hours in a day, increases productivity and improves your ability to remember what you have studied that day.
* take a short nap after lunch. The grasping ability reduces after eating lunch and hence it is a good habit to take a power nap of 7 to 8 minutes after lunch.
* keep your body properly fed and properly hydrated. There is no specific food that will help you improve your grasping ability. All the foods are important enough to provide the necessary nutrition to your brain and, in turn, improve its grasping and retaining ability.
* lastly, don't over exert yourself. Stress is only going to make you forget what you have read. If possible, perform meditation for 10 to 15 minutes in the day to relax your mind and refresh you for the whole day of studying.