Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Meghna KanakiaYour feedback matters!
How could I remove the nicotine from my body with out any medicine or surgery only by fruits and vegetables?
I am feeling very stressed and feel sick also always with headaches n feel sleepy . I do house wrk and also I am a working person. I am too much stressed at my in laws place as a result lack mental peace also which is affecting my health. I am not free to do the things I want. What is the solution.
How I gain good health I am very thin I want to get good weight. I also want to remove mental stress.
Hii. I am 25 year old girl. I was in a relation. The guy who loved me alot. I cannot imagine my life without him. We have also physical relation. But now he hot married with another girl. Due to this I feel very depress. What should I do. Will my future husband know about my past?
I am going through anxiety disorder, is it possible for me to overcome this disorder by myself. If possible what should I do? Thank you.
I have stuttering problem. It avoids me from talking to people. It really affecting my professional life .Kindly help get rid off this.
Sir, I Lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time Please help me.
I am working in night shift from last 13 years, probably due to this I am losing my memory. I lose my memory frequently and very easily. I cannot remember things. I cannot concentrate on anything. Is there a cure for this?
Hi I thought of consulting psychiatrist bcs few months back thoughts like suicide was in my mind, but I controlled. Now a days it feels like same
I am having obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) how and where to treat it. Help me with this. Thanks.
I lost somebody close last month and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Sir, I can not speak before an audience as I will think about them what they would think about me. Therefore I am not in a position to do official communication before them .Please give a reply.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.