Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Meetu TanwarYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old female suffering from diabetes mellitus type 1 from last 4 years. My blood sugar is not at all controlled.
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen is called Mc Burney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like', which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
- Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
- Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
- Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
- Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain, which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
- Rhus tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner.
He is 20 years old now .and he have only moustaches till now and no beard .plzzz tell us how to grow a good beard.
I am married it's been one year and I have irregular periods I consulted doctor and they told I have pcod please tell me the solution what can I do. Is pcod harm to get pregnant?
I think of nude girls mustbate often and it decreases stress in my body I am afraid weather it will disturb or cause any deficiency in future for me.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My weight is high according to my hight so I advice you that please help me then I will do work and I loss my weight at least 10 kg.
When I was 15 I had a very great hair density and people wud become jealous of my hair but from 16 I started hair loss and now im 17 I have very poor hair density so I shaved my head before 4 months and for 2 months I did not have hair fall and now I can see my hair started to fall back and my density is becoming very low.
I've so much of red marks and acne on my face, I've tried many ways to cure but no use. What is best way to cure them?
I am too fat and I uses to run every day and I also go gym but do not found any improvement so suggest me what should I do.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. She feels a clogging sensation in the vagina. In addition she says that she might be having occasional vaginal secretion, although she is not sure of it. She has no other complaint. Are everything normal?
Stretch marks are white marks, which are caused due to distension of the skin. These appear on the skin as stubborn lines. The most common cause of stretch marks in women is pregnancy, and otherwise they may also appear on abdomen, thighs and limbs due to gaining or losing weight too quickly.
Causes of stretch marks:
Stretch marks appear when the skin suddenly expands due to which the skin loses its elasticity by stretching too much in a short time frame. This causes white, ugly lines on the skin. These are very difficult to tackle or remove unless you make some efforts to do so.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks Removal:
Here are some natural ways, which can improve the appearance of the stretched skin a lot, and can fade out stretch marks over time.
- Applying castor oil on stretch marks and massaging for some 5 to 10 minutes help. After the massage, you should immediately wrap the area in a soft cloth and then apply hot-water bag or a hot pad on the skin over the cloth. Daily treatment for a month reduces stretch marks a lot.
- Daily massaging of the skin lightly with pure Aloe Vera gel, and then rinsing it with lukewarm water also gives good results.
- Apply egg whites on the area and leave them to dry. Then wash it with cold water. You should repeat this for at least 2 weeks.
- Use either pure lemon juice or a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice and apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use sugar with a little almond oil and few drops of lemon juice to make a mixture. Use this everyday on skin to exfoliate the skin while bathing to see visibly lighter stretch marks.
- Potato juice is a good stretch marks remover. You should use this juice on skin daily before bathing and leave for some time.
- Daily massage with warm olive oil is a great remedy for the stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. As long as you keep your skin hydrated, you will find all other methods working great on the skin.
Medical Treatment for Removing Stretch Marks:
Laser Stretch Mark Removal: During a laser stretch mark removal procedure, a beam of light removes thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Instead of burning or cutting the affected skin areas like other lasers, it uses high-energy ultraviolet laser light to disrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissue, which causes the tissue to disintegrate in a process known as ablation. Once laser stretch mark removal is complete, stretch marks will have disappeared, and a renewed, healthy appearance will result.
Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatment: The most important benefit of laser stretch mark removal is its effectiveness. The treatment has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. It is also extremely safe; the excimer laser is precisely controlled, with little potential to cause injury.
Surgical Stretch Mark Removal: Surgical stretch mark removal is the only effective option for the complete and permanent elimination of stretch marks.
Other Stretch Mark Removal Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are most commonly used on the face to treat wrinkles and age spots, but they can be used on other areas of the body for stretch mark removal.
- Microdermabrasion: Both microdermabrasion and chemical peels improve the appearance of stretch marks through the removal of the skin's top layers.
- Blue Light Therapy: Although more widely used for acne treatment, blue light therapy is sometimes used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Because stretch mark removal is customized to the individual patient, consulting a cosmetic dermatologist specializing in stretch mark removal is the best way to get information on your specific case.