Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta JainYour feedback matters!
I usually have regular painful periods. More watery discharge on first day. Backpain and Right leg pains more. What might be the reason? Kindly Help.
Dear Doc Hi m 70 born hv pcos operated once cn I conceive a healthy baby as of nw m single nvr married nvr been physical so is it k to gt marry n conceive a baby hv thyroid bp, b12 def rgds.
Doctor I had sex with a 3 prostitute, one month back wearing condom, my muscles are paining, and I am scared whether I have aids, what test should be done and how much will it cost and whether will I die I am getting scared.
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.
My age is 29 years and my wife age is 27 yrs. But she is losing her sexual attraction as she always complains that she is tired. Due to this I am frustrated. Suggest on this.
National Geographic writer and explorer, Dan Buettner ,who studies the world's longest lived peoples, calls these areas where these people live ?Blue Zones?.
According to the New York Times they have the following in common:
1, An environment that encourages a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
2, Healthy relationships with other people and good psychological health.
3, Looking after gardens.
4, Having a spirit of cooperation.
5, Easily accessible public health.
6, Being valued as seniors by their families and communities.
Me and my gf had unprotected sex on 21 jan. She had her periods after that. I.e. On 18 feb, 22 march. But she is still confused whether that was periods or just a bleeding. In between she conducted too many tests and all were negative. And now in april she had no signs of periods. What to do? She conducted home pregnancy for two times before 3 days and it was also negative. Help her to induce periods.
My wife has delivered baby in August. Her last period was on 8th November. Since then she is not having period. What may be the reason. We have intercourse few time but with safety.
I am at the stage of menopause and have very irregular periods in sequences of 4 - 6 months gap. What are the chances of falling pregnant and what are the best precautions to avoid complications / pregnancy. Please advice.
How does this cyst occurs in ovaries & utreaus is it bcoz we take birth pills. As I was taking pills earlier for safe sex i& I had got cyst in the ovary as it is a simple cyst but when periods comes it starts paining.
Hi doctor. I am 32 years old blood group a+ and my wife 26 yes old blood group o-ve. She is carrying her 2nd child. We are to much worried as my wife's blood group is o-ve. As I heard that there are so many complications in having 2nd child. Please advise us for the same.?
I want to lose pregnancy weight. I am giving feed to baby. Baby also take bottle feed 3 times in a day. She is 4 month old. Can I take any diet plan.
Breakfast is the most significant meal of the day which helps in boosting the energy which will empower people to carry on all through the day. Having a platter of healthy breakfast improves physical and mental health, and it should ideally be low in fat, cholesterol and sodium content and high in minerals, proteins and vitamins content. Preparation of conventional and nutritious meals in the morning is becoming rare due to our preoccupation with different tasks, and this is where the role of cornflakes comes into being.
Cornflakes are widely acknowledged breakfast cereal and help in preparing meals in almost no time. It is low in fat, provides energy and is highly nutritious. And, the best part is that the cornflakes come in different flavours and are easily available in the market worldwide. The breakfast cereal is produced by combining sugar with milled corn and high fructose corn syrup. It is proven that these flakes offer an easy utilisation of the minerals, vitamins and other nutrients than its non-milled counterparts.
There are different varieties of cornflakes, which include:
- Cornflakes with milk: Cornflakes are a protein rich food. Protein is essential for the red blood cells and for the right functioning of the antibodies which resist infection. Having this type of cornflakes helps in the regulation of the hormones and enzymes as well as repairing body tissues.
- Frosted cornflakes: This cornflakes meal is particularly desirable for growing children. They are considered a rich source of protein, calcium and mineral and the added sugar gives the energy to function properly.
- Honey Cornflakes: Honey cornflakes are quite favourite among kids and adults alike. As they are rich in all the nutrients whereas honey provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin along with vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. So, you should consider adding this cereal to your daily meals.
- Almond cornflakes: Like honey cornflakes, this variant also combines the goodness of both almonds and cornflakes. Almonds help to improve mental health, strengthens muscles and tissues, prolongs life, and enhances the texture of skin and hair. It is also found beneficial in curing cough and preventing asthma. Thus, you must invest in almond cornflakes for its high nutritional value.
- Carotenoid cornflakes: You can also look for cornflakes rich in beta-cryptoxanthin which is required for improving the health of lungs and prevention of lung cancer. It also assists in promoting cardiovascular health when consumed at moderate levels every day. It is also recommended for individuals suffering from renal issues, and the carotid pigment is associated with prevention of muscular cancer.
- Crushed cornflakes: Though this is not any distinct type of cornflakes, it can be purchased separately and taken in place of breadcrumbs. They make a healthy breakfast when you combine crushed cornflakes with yogurt, pudding or plain milk.
These are the primary variants of the cornflakes, and each of them offers a host of benefits which make them a preferred choice in daily snacks and breakfast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi. My wife is pregnant now. Her LMP was 24 November 2015. Below is the TIFFA scan report taken on 14th April 2016. Please let me know if everything is good or something to worry about: Single Live foetus: B 4.4 cms 19-20 weeks F 3 cms 19-20 weeks H 16.5 cms 19 weeks A 13.7 cms 19 weeks Gestational age: 19-20 weeks Amniotic fluid: Normal Foetal weight: 290gms FHR: 144 beats/min Placenta: Posterior upper and lower segment grade 1 maturity Int. Os closed. CX canal measures 3.0cm FOETAL: Neural canal and ICVS: normal lateral ventricle at atrium level measures 7.0mm 3-4mm chord plexus cyst are seen in both lateral vent Posterior fossa is normal. Cisterna magna measures 4mm Spinal canal normal Facial profile: Appears normal Thorax: Normal. Situs with stomach and heart on same side Four chamber in heart normal. Inflow and outflow tracts are normal. No echogenic foci. Lungs are normal and echogenic Stomach bubble: Is seen and normal. GB is normal. No dilated bowel loops Foetal kidneys and bladder: Renal fossae appear normal. Renal pelvis 2-3mm on both sides. Bladder is seen. Foetal limb survey: Normal Umbilical cord: normal three vessel cord is seen.
I am 23 year married women. I have burning sensation around vagina and pain in the right side of vagina. doctor gave me. Flagyl 400 and doxy 1 and candizole tablet. Why dese med r given?
Loosing your virginity means that you have had sex with someone else, a lot of people say sex is when a penis penetrates a vagina, however of course this is ignoring other forms of sex such as oral sex or anal sex, how women have sex and how homosexual couples have sex. It is down to you to determine what you think sex is, but whatever you decide loosing your virginity still means having to have had sex with another person, and you will hopefully know if you have had sex or not with another person.
People used to think that if a girls hymen broke it means they are not longer virgins, this is not true, girls can break their hymens from any sort of penetration (such as masturbation or use of internal menstrual options like tampons or menstrual cups) or they can be broken from activities like horse riding. Some girls are also not born with hymens, or at least not full hymens, so hymens being in tact or not is not a good indication of whether or not someone is a virgin or not. A girl's hymen breaking can be painful and involve bleeding, but it is also just as likely to be painless or even pleasurable when your hymen breaks.
If you don't know if your hymen is in tact you can look by sitting comfortably and using a mirror to look at your vulva (external part of your genitals) to see the vaginal opening. The hymen is different from girl/woman to girl/woman but usually if in tact it will look like a ring of flesh around the opening to your vagina where as if broken it will look like flaps of skin around the vaginal opening.