Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta JainYour feedback matters!
I took injection estil nd injection progestin im. 2 days before for missed period but the problem is still not solve I want to know that the pregnancy is still possible or not if not so it will take how many days?
Mam, I am planning from last 6months for baby but not be able to concieve it. I have done all test. All reports came positive. Please suggest something.
Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant of 17 weeks After scanning she got the problem like" Umbilical arteries is only 1" It is supposed to be 2 it seems Can you please tell me What actually it means? What problems can be there? What's the solution for it? Thanking you.
What are the symptoms of being pregnant found in a women in starting 1month of unprotected intercourse?
While we are having sex. My gf says her outside part of her vagina pains and feels like burning. And after that we can not have sex because of the pain. She is very small im very huge for her. Any suggestions?
I met my wife after long ago and today we had too much sex ,almost 3or4 times in a day .Here the weather is very hot almost 40 degree usually, and now I am facing extreme joints pain and kind of fever .thank you.
Hi doctor I'm 26 my wife 22 both r do sex first time. I insert penis to her vagina she get hurt and cried after later she have pain and irritated when urinate. Is there any problem Note: we get into relationships in 5th day of her period.
Hello. I mis my period as the date was 19th. Last month I was physical with my husband and take all precaution. I have doubt about this. So pls suggest any pill for regularise my period.
I am suffering from severe menstrual cramps for the past few months. I took scan yesterday and it was confirmed that there is moderate fluid in Pod. And the inference was Pelvic Inflammatory disease (PID). I browsed and came to know that PID is often caused by STD (Sexual Transmitted Disease. Is there any other reason for my pain during menstrual cramps Note: I am unmarried and had no sexual relationship till now. The pain occurs only during periods and not in any other days. I also took urine routine analysis on doctor's advice and the inference was Pus cells (7 - 8) and epithelial cells (3 - 5)
I am 35 year old, I have pcod and my menstrual cycle is irregular, suggest for my regular menstrual cycle.
Seems like every day you hear some nutritional advice either in the media or from friends. Maybe you are reminded of an old wives’ tale that your mother or grandmother told you. Many people just believe everything they hear or read. Let’s separate fact from fiction.
Myth: - A Zero fat diet is excellent
Fact: - No, Some amount of fat is necessary
Myth: - Cholesterol containing foods are the only culprits
Fact: - No, Saturated fats also increase blood cholesterol. The two together have additive effects
Myth: - Only oils need to be cut down
Fact: - No, A total change to a healthy dietary lifestyle is also necessary
Myth: - Plenty of vegetable oils are good
Fact: - No, Moderation in their use must be exercised
Myth: - Safflower and sunflower oils can be taken as much as you want.
Fact: - No, Excess of these oils can decrease “good” cholesterol
Myth: - Vegetable oils do not have cholesterol
Fact: - Yes, But vegetable Oils consumed in excess can cause an increase in total fat intake. Too much of fat in the diet increases blood cholesterol.
Myth: - Starvation and rapid decrease in body weight are good
Fact: - No, Body weight reduction should be gradual, starvation is not the solution
Myth: - One meal a day is good for body weight reduction
Fact: - No, Frequent and small meals are far better.
Myth: - Alcohol is good for the heart
Fact: - No, Alcohol does not increase “good” cholesterol.
Myth: - Only plain sugar increase blood sugar levels
Fact: - No, All carbohydrates can increase blood sugar. Refined foods and sugar increase blood glucose rapidly.
Myth: - Only fat people need to worry
Fact: - No, Even individuals who are normal in weight can have higher body fat and blood lipids.
Myth: - Only vigorous exercises are good.
Fact: - No, Even a long brisk walk will help very much.
I am having thyroid. I am taking 75 mg dose for thyroid. I am going to conceive, but unable to do so. please suggest what should I do?
My wife have a problem in uterus. Some bubbles it seems. What is the solution for that and is there any problem for giving birth to child.
We had sex in yesterday. But she was crying due to pain during vaginal intercourse. She has no problems with oral sex. Why is she having pain doctor?
One of the common complaints associated with sexual intercourse, is vaginal bleeding. This bleeding can occur during the course of intimacy or after it. Post intercourse bleeding is also termed as post-coitus bleeding. This is known as post costal bleeding. Doctor should be consulted immediately as it may be a sign of hidden cervical cancer.
Reasons behind vaginal bleeding
1. In most cases, the bleeding is risk free. It could be due to extreme friction, causing damage to superficial blood vessels in the cervix. It is important to use adequate lubrication; otherwise the consequences could be annoyingly painful.
2. If your period dates are nearby, the source of the blood could be from your uterus.
3. Benign growths, cysts, polyps on the cervix can cause bleeding. They are small fragile growths that rupture easily.
4. There can also be bleeding due to inflammations that occur as a reaction to a condom or a diaphragm.
When can vaginal bleeding be difficult?
- Vaginal bleeding after sex can often be a warning sign of ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when implantation of an embryo takes place outside the uterus, commonly inside the fallopian tubes.
- Bleeding every time after intercourse is also a common symptom of endometriosis. It occurs when the inner lining of the uterus, called the endometrial tissue, appears outside it. Endometrial tissue can attach itself to other surrounding organs in the pelvic region, generally, the abdomen, causing searing pain. It is also a major cause of infertility.
- Another cause of vaginal bleeding is atrophic vaginitis, a health condition mostly affecting older women, especially those who have reached menopausal age. This is due to the massive decline in the levels of estrogen that causes vaginal dryness and irritation.
- Sexually transmitted diseases could be a serious cause of vaginal bleeding. It is generally accompanied by several other symptoms such as vaginal odour, discharge, pelvic pain, inflammations. It should receive immediate medical attention.
- Vaginal bleeding could be a sign of cancer. It could be vaginal, ovarian, uterine or cervical cancer. It requires medical attention without any delay.
Most of the time, the reasons for post coitus bleeding is harmless. However, if it persists, you must pay a visit to your gynaecologist as soon as possible and get a thorough evaluation done. This could save the condition from worsening and also diagnose any other underlying medical condition at an early, curable stage.