Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi MishraYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on 11th feb night and ejaculated in her. But she got her periods 4 days late than the usual date on 20th feb and lasted for just 3 days with a less flow than usual. It was filled with clots and perfectly like a normal period. So can it be implantation bleeding? We took pregnancy test at our place for 3 times since then. Latest one we took today and all are negative. Can she be pregnant?
The key to good bone health are calcium and vitamin D, both of which are stored in the bones. Along with strengthening of bones, calcium has been recently shown to play a major role in weight loss as well. Calcium is one of the essential minerals that are required for several important life processes. The deficiency of calcium can cause complications such as brittle and fragile bones that are more susceptible to fractures and diseases. Hence it is essential to consume a certain amount of food that is rich in calcium everyday for good health. Adults need about 1,000 milligrams a day—that's a little more than three 8-ounce glasses of milk—but what if you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or just don't like the taste of dairy products?
Here's a little-known fact: there are lots of non-dairy foods with calcium. Here are 10 of them:
- Broccoli (Calcium content: 47 milligrams in 100 gms) - Believe it or not, in addition to calcium this cruciferous veggie contains nearly twice the vitamin C of an orange. Research also shows that diets high in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli may be linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and bladder cancer.
- Kale (Calcium content: 150 milligrams in 100 gms) - This superfood has it all: it racks up just 30 calories per serving, provides a day's worth of vitamin C, and twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, not to mention that 101 milligrams of calcium per serving. It also provides a hefty dose of vitamin K, a nutrient that helps your blood clot. Without it, you wouldn't stop bleeding when you cut or bruise yourself.
- Figs (Calcium content: 26 milligrams in 100 gms) - Bite into a dried fig, and you'll think you're indulging in a super-sweet and sticky dessert, when in fact you're chowing down on a fiber- and potassium-packed fruit. Figs also supply you with magnesium, a nutrient the body uses in more than 300 biomechanical reactions, such as maintaining muscle function, keeping your heart rhythm steady, and strengthening your bones.
- Oranges (Calcium content: 40 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know oranges for their immune-boosting vitamin C content, but they're also low in calories and brimming with antioxidants.
- Beans (Calcium content: 442 milligrams in 100 gms) - These meaty little guys are rich in fiber, protein, and iron, and they're also one of the best nutritional sources of potassium. Additionally, they contain resistant starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism.
- Okra (Calcium content: 82 milligrams in 100 gms) - Okra contains constipation-fighting insoluble fiber, as well as vitamin B6 and folate. And don't write off this veggie if you've only ever had a boiled, slimy version; oven-roasting, sautéing, or grilling bring out the best flavor.
- Tofu (Calcium content: 350 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know tofu as a vegetarian source of protein. Turns out it's also a great source of calcium. Tofu is incredibly versatile—it takes on the flavor of whatever else you're cooking with it.
- Almonds (Calcium content: 264 milligrams in 100 gms) - Almonds, which are among the best nuts for your health, contain about 12% of your necessary daily protein, and are rich in vitamin E and potassium. And although they are fattening, it's the good kind of fat that helps lower your bad cholesterol levels as long as you enjoy them in moderation.
- Drumsticks (Calcium content: 185 milligrams in 100 gms) - The green vegetable features large quantities of iron, Vitamins as well as calcium. Drumsticks are recognized to offer healthy and strong bones and are also believed to purify the blood. Drumstick leaves particularly are said to be the blood purifier. For better outcomes have smashed drumstick leaves along with milk.
- Cluster Beans (Calcium content: 130 milligrams in 100 gms) - Cluster beans contain calcium, a mineral, which helps in strengthening the bones and thus, prevent bone loss. The presence of phosphorus in this vegetable aids in fortifying the bones and enhances your bone health.
You might be a fitness freak and love to hit the gym daily but chances are that you are not aware of a few things which you should never do before workout
Never drink alcohol before going to the gym. It can lower blood sugar level which can lead to everything from shakiness and weakness to flat out injury.
In fact, it is advisable not to eat or drink too much water before exercising otherwise you may feel nauseated and end up puking.
Stick with lighter foods like fruits within a couple of hours of your workout. Sex can be detrimental because you are spending a lot of energy
Recently diagnosed with pcos my doctor prescribed me metpcocare after consuming the tablet I get nausea and mouth watering so he changed to evacure but he also said metpcocare has better result. So I started consume with rantac d .just wanted to ask whether the medicine will be effective and after how many months it will give results for pregnancy.
I am 27 years old. I got married since 3 yrs. My periods are regular 26 day of my periods. So I want to know how to get pregnant. When is the ovulation period start with 26 day of my cycle.
I am 37 years old and 8 months 1 week pregnant. How much time to remain in baby birth, this is my first baby.
Hello doctor I want to ask I'm diagnosed with pcod in February for which I have taken homeopathy medicine and now the cyst is dissolved and now from last six months I'm trying to conceive but the result is negative and in the month of august I'm met gain and she gave me fertomid 50 mg on the second day of period for five days I had my last period on 2 august and I started fertomid 50 mg from 3rd if august and from last 2 days I'm facing stomach cramps vomiting. What is the reason for this.
I am 35 years old. I am suffer from white discharge long time. Now I hv many problems like joint pain, back pain, hair fall, low immunity, stress and so on. So. SIR, please give me some advice.
I recently had an medical abortion and I taught it was over with the bleeding. During the 3 week that I taught it was done I still went and had intercourse and the guy come in me is it possible I am pregnant.
Hello mam/sir I'm anju planning for conceiving should I take egg white daily as a breakfast because some people's said don't ate eggs they are warm food and interfere in conceiving please tell whether they're right or wrong I'm talking egg Daily in breakfast but after these talks I cut down eggs from the break fast please guide me and reply as early as possible thanks.
Undergoing Brain Surgery can be a very traumatic experience, and it is common for many patients recovering from brain surgery to face depression, spells of dizziness, confusion and weakness post the surgery. It can be very critical that family members and friends talk to the patient and be empathetic towards them.
It takes approximately 12-18 months for the brain to heal after a brain surgery and slowly and gradually the patient will regain all his normal functions and get back to his daily routine. However in that time they need the complete support and understanding of their families, as well may need help from therapists. This will help the patient in gaining back their independence as well as confidence in their abilities.
Here are some tips that will help you deal with a patient recovering from Brain Surgery:
After brain surgery, a person may feel disoriented and have some speech or understanding disability for a while. Family members and friends are advised to take pause when talking to the patient, so that he/she can easily understand the conversation. Speaking slowly is not recommended, as patients may recognize it and have an emotional outburst or feel hurt.
Caretakers and family members should also keep reminding the conversation topic at different points to the patient, so that it is easier for them to participate in the conversation.
Family members should also not react adversely in case of emotional outbursts, instead show love and patience to a person recovering from brain surgery.
Caregivers should make sure that the person recovering from brain surgery gets enough sleep and rest to recuperate.
People interacting with someone recovering from brain surgery should understand that the person's ability to learn and remember will improve daily, and any lapses in attention by the patient are not caused by any act of obstinacy. Your care and understanding will be essential for a person to recover.
Family members should also make sure just to give enough care and not smother the brain surgery survivor. It is essential for them to regain their confidence and a sense of competence.
Family members should take the patient for a neuropsychological examination--after treatment, 6 months later, and a year later to see if they are recovering properly. Caregivers should watch out for emotional outbursts, like rage, uncontrollable laughter, withdrawal and depression. In case of such symptoms it is advisable to take the patient for a check up with medical practitioner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 28 years unmarried female working in pvt company. My periods come in 21-23 days every month. I want to ask is this normal menstrual cycle or have any problem in conceiving in future? Also I am healthy and not able to loose weight. I tried dieting and exercise but failed. What to do to loose weight?
Hello doctor, My age 22 years old my wife 21 years old my wife is having pcod. When we are having intercourse sperm is coming fastly and mood out by for my wife ejaculation is not coming from 6months before she used to get and we both were satisfied now I am not able to satisfy. From 2 days she is getting pain n we had gap for 15 days. Any solution for my problem please help us. We both should be happy.
Hello sir. I am 30 year old my wife has sex problem, when I start sex she is having pain in her breast and doesn't want to touch it. I am not satisfied with my wife. how to problem this problem?
Hi, me and my friend got pretty intimate four nights ago. Lots of things happened expect for penetration. I hadn't ejaculated at all the whole time neither was I wet. But there were times when she was on top of me. The closest thing would be that tip would've just touched the vagina a little. Is there a need for pregnancy test. Please help.
Sir, I feel sudden breast discharge and after bilateral usg it is diagnosed that I have fibroadenosis in my breast which is almost 2 years, Initially doctor prescribed me Cap primosa 1000 O. D for 3 months, Evion 400mg for 3 weeks and Tab pyricontin for 1 month. Now, breast discharge is very rare and occasionally feel little pain mainly before period. Now, I am 43 years and also the patient of mental depression, GERD and P. C. O. S.O. D. What treatment/ medicine I have to take now, Sir.
Hello, I am 23 years, suffering from menstrual problem my periods was not on time my doctor tell me tat I have hormonal disturbnc and prescribe projesteron tblt after I intake that tblt my period cycle was correct but now my last periods was on 27th feb.
A healthy lifestyle is vital for experiencing sexual arousal, which requires your overall health and cardiovascular system to be in their best form. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- Quitting smoking: Smoking causes the development of a condition known as vasoconstriction (which is a contraction of the blood vessels that brings about a decrease in blood flow), not to mention damage to the veins and arteries. The small veins in the penis are typically more prone to this kind of damage. The only way you can prevent this kind of damage from happening is by kicking this habit. As a consequence, you experience an increase in your sex drive as well as an improvement in your sex life.
- Limiting your drinks: Drinking in moderate amounts can help in protecting you from heart disease and certain cancers. But if you have too much of alcohol, it can act as a depressant and lead to anxiety problems as well as a host of sexual problems including delayed ejaculation, erections, and vaginal dryness. Ideally, you should have one drink a day if you're a woman and two in the case of men.