Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manu Tiwari
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Manu TiwariYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my name is sanket mehta I am 47 year old man I have addict for tobacco problem last one year what should I do please tell me doctor.
I have been drinking alcohol for almost 14 years I want to quit what must I do. My hands are shaking I can even give my initials please do suggest me how to quit drinking.
My problem is my talk. I do not perfectly tell the sentences and my tongue was struggled. please help me.
Depression can be referred to as a psychiatric dysfunction which is generally associated with a recurrent feeling of sadness, loneliness, disinterest in daily affairs and low self-confidence. Due to the stresses of the modern lifestyle and constant anxiety the occurrence of depression is on the rise and it is affecting more people around the world.
Love disappointment, Loss in business, disharmony in the family, performance pressure, death of a loved one, some unfortunate events in life, Domination, Abuse sexual and physical are one of the main reasons of depression. Homeopathy lauds the benefit that it does not induce drug dependency and no side effects.
Depression can spring up because of hereditary factors, excessive substance abuse, hormonal imbalances, sudden shock or trauma and also anxiety. Depression tends to be chronic and can come back in timely intervals to hamper your life.
The symptoms of depression include loss of appetite, a recurrent feeling of exhaustion, tendencies of isolating oneself continuously, significant trouble while sleeping, abrupt mood swings, lack of concentration in daily affairs and recurrent feeling of melancholy.
Homeopathic Treatment for Depression
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat depression but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several medicines are available for depression treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for depression treatment:
- Sepia – This medication is useful for people who face recurrent episodes of sudden mood swings and feelings of isolation. If someone gets depressed with the slightest of the matters, Sepia can also be helpful.
- Aurum Metallicum – If someone undergoes the symptoms of recurrent suicidal tendencies, hopelessness and a lowered self-confidence, this preparation can be recommended.
- Cimicifuga – Cimicifuga can be really useful if you undergo the symptoms of severe headache and neck pains during depression along with intense episodes of desolation.
- Causticum – If someone suffers from the symptoms of memory loss, frequent weeping and the depression had occurred due to the loss of someone close, Causticum can be recommended.
- Phosphoric acid – If you suffer from the symptoms of appetite loss and social awkwardness, a prescribed dosage of phosphoric acid might help in the elimination of the symptoms.
- Kalium Phosphoricum – This is a very important medication as it is very effective at treating depression that occurs due to stress. People who are overworked or students who have over-studied and may have developed depression from of stress are greatly benefitted by this medication.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Depression. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of people online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like stress and anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape, exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.