Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manish Gulati
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Manish GulatiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am having pain in my left shoulder a may also say that on the left side of chest and sometime feel difficulty in breathing.
Hi sir I have an operation in my right leg tibia bone fractured due to accident 3 years back, they setup a rod and and a supporting plate inside. Now I got infection inside. Doctors cleared the infection now and adviced me to remove the plate and rod, bone is united well now. But now the wound is healing which the doctor operated to clear the infection. My question is" is it compulsory for me to remove the rod & plate now itself or I can remove it later" please give some suggestions sir.
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
Hi Doctor, Please help me for some sickness which I get at every one week or two. I am getting high pain generally at back neck. And head also from back. These happens generally when I am tired. Or after sex. Even after sex I used to get pimples in my chest and more in back. Please give some remedy. Regards, Mohindra Amarnath.
Sir my mother hands and fingers are swelling in early morning and right side leg knee area back side also a round swelling what's problem sir, which doctor I consult sir please tell me immediately sir.
My maid is suffering from ache in her right foot heel with pinpricking pain. She is 65 with no diabtc or no histry except gastro problem belching continuously 30 to40 minutes with intervel of small seconds to which she is on ayurvedic last 2 years though it remain with her more than decade. She is adamant of washing her own cloth by gerald in hand everyday though advertising to use our washing machine. please guide her.
I am suffering from severe head ache and body pains since three days why it is happening like this pls suggest me quickly.
I have more pains of legs I. E. Only below the n Knee. I am going walking daily for 45 min to 1hr in morning.
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!