Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M S Mahar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M S MaharYour feedback matters!
Say no to soft drinks like cola etc
No to fast junk food
No to maida preparation like samosa etc
Have good amount of fruits n vegetable avoid red meat
Plenty of water
If you can avoid excessive sugar preparation.
I have been suffering from acute attack of Uric Acid which touches the level of 8 resulting in my toe and knee swelling and also pain on both side of my back please advise me to slow down the effect of Uric Acid and also advise me some medicine.
My mother, 61 aged, is a diabetic patient for more than 20 years. She used to inject insulin for last one year twice in a day. She is having a pain on her legs nowadays. On her calf as well as under leg. Why this happens? What is the solution?
Natural hone remedies to treat diabetes at home
Diabetes treatment: 15 home remedies to treat diabetes at home (thinkstock photos/getty images)
India is said to be the diabetes capital of the world. With nearly 50 million people in india suffering from diabetes, the country has a big challenge to face. First, let's know what is diabetes. The elevated sugar in the blood is called diabetes. There are two primary reasons behind diabetes - one is when our body stops producing insulin and second is when the body does not respond to insulin that is produced by the body. Insulin is broken down by the body and used as energy, which is transported to the cells. There are two types of diabetes - type I diabetes and type ii diabetes. Let's know about them in a little detail:
Type I diabetes
Type I diabetes usually occurs in people who are below the age 20 and that is why it is also called as juvenile diabetes. In this type, the body becomes partially or completely unable to produce insulin. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease. In this, your immune system attacks the pancreas from where the insulin is produced, thereby making the pancreas inefficient or unable to produce insulin. Type I diabetes cannot be prevented, it can only be controlled with healthy lifestyle changes.
Type ii diabetes
Type ii diabetes is more common than type I diabetes in india. Type ii diabetes usually happens to people who are above the age of 40. This type of diabetes is caused due to insulin resistance. In this case, the pancreas produces insulin but the body is not able to respond to it properly. There can be many reasons behind type ii diabetes. Some of the reasons can be being overweight, high blood pressure, having a poor diet, taking too much stress, hormone imbalance, certain medications and leading a sedentary lifestyle. Though type ii diabetes can be reversed.
Let's us know some natural ways by which we can treat diabetes at home:
What not to eat:
There are some foods which can negatively impact your diabetes. So, the first thing you need to do is to remove these foods from your diet.
1. Refined sugar - we all know that sugar, until it is in its most natural form, is bad for people suffering from diabetes. When consumed, refined sugar spikes the blood sugar rapidly. Sometimes even the natural form like honey can cause a sudden spike in the blood sugar levels. So, it's better to avoid refined sugar by all means if you are a diabetic.
2. Whole grains - grains that have gluten in them should be avoided. Gluten is associated with diabetes as its intake can cause leaky gut leading to inflammation which in turn can lead to auto immune diseases.
3. Alcohol - alcohol consumption is directly related to diabetes. Alcohol not only damages your liver but also attacks the pancreas that produces insulin. Diabetes is linked with consumption of heavy alcohol which is two to three glasses a day. Beer should especially be avoided as it has a lot of carbohydrates.
4. Cow's milk - just like whole grains, cow milk can trigger the immune system which can lead to inflammation. Milk coming from sheep and goat is not harmful in fact it helps to maintain the blood sugar level. But the conventional cow milk can be dangerous for you if you are suffering from diabetes.
5. Gmo foods - gmo foods have the capability to promote diabetes along with causing liver and kidney diseases. Go for products which are labeled as gmo-free.
What to eat and do
Cinnamon contains a bioactive compound that can help to fight and prevent diabetes. Cinnamon is known to stimulate the insulin activity and thus regulate the blood sugar level. As excess of anything is bad, likewise cinnamon if taken in excess can increase the risk of liver damage due to a compound called coumarin present in it. The true cinnamon, not the one buy from shops (cassia cinnamon) is safer to have.
How to consume cinnamon
- mix half or one teaspoon of grounded cinnamon with warm water and have it once daily.
- boil raw cinnamon in 2 glasses of water. Let it cool for 30 minutes and have it daily.
Aloe vera is easily found in indian households. Though it's bitter in taste, but combing it with buttermilk makes it taste better. Usually, aloe vera is used for beauty purposes but as it has anti-inflammatory properties it can heal the wounds. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is said to control the blood sugar levels.
Jamun and its leaves have proven to be helpful in lowering the blood sugar levels. Consuming approximately 100 grams of jamun every day is said to show tremendous improvement in your blood sugar levels.
Vitamin c is not only good for skin but also for diabetes. Recent studies have shown that consuming approximately 600 mg of vitamin c daily can improve the blood sugar level significantly. People who have chronic diabetes should consume foods rich in vitamin c every day. Some foods rich in vitamin c are amla, orange, tomato and blueberry.
One of the main reasons behind type ii diabetes is being overweight. Any kind of physical activity, be it yoga, zumba, aerobics, gymming, playing sports can significantly improve blood sugar level by maintaining your weight. Not only this, walking every day can help to reduce the blood sugar level tremendously.
I got my blood sample test from docs app all the results were normal except TSH which value was 8.68. Pl advice what precautions should be taken to control my T3 value is 111 and T4 is 7. Thanks.
I mom is suffering from diabetes. Her legs pains a lot. Please suggest what to do to get rid of leg pain.
I am a hypothyroid patient. But in recent report my tsh is 1.1. And all other blood tests like kft lft sugar blood and cbc r normal. But due to some symptoms like weight loss and tingling on face etc my physician reduced my dose from thyroxx125 to 100. But now my throat and mouth remain dry whole night. I have a problem sleeping now with dry throat and mouth. Is it due to reduced dose or something else.
It's normal to be concerned with your fertility after early miscarriage. Many couples want to try to conceive again right away, while others need time to heal. Ultimately, though, fertility following a miscarriage is an issue of concern for most couples.
Once you are ready to start trying for a child again, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy.
- Rest and Recuperate- Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- Change Lifestyle- Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate alcohol or drug use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress- Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy- Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies- There are various fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor- An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive.
- Support the Uterus and Liver- Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus- When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax.
If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.