Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M S Grover
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M S GroverYour feedback matters!
Ladies, it is important that we must take good care of our body, but most of all we must pay specific attention to the health of our vagina. The vagina is a tube-like muscular structure of the female genital tract that extends from the cervix to the vulva. It is a delicate organ which is prone to injuries and infections. Complications related to urination, menstruation and sexual intercourse, all affect the vaginal health.
Here are five questions associated with vaginal problems that are commonly experienced, but rarely discussed:
- Why does it feel itchy before menstruation?: The hormonal cycle reduces the amount of estrogen secreted right before the period starts. This reduces the moisture content of the inner membranes of the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and slightly dry, which can cause itching. However, if the itching and burning sensation is too severe, it could be an infection and should be checked out.
- What is the white discharge?: The greasy white discharge is due to the ovulation cycle. It usually occurs once a month because the amount of secretion increases right before ovulation. Some women may experience this discharge more frequently, but it is nothing to worry about unless there is an unpleasant odor. Odorous discharge could be a sign of bacterial infection.
- How often should you have a vaginal examination?: You should get a vaginal examination at least once a year. This is important for a general health assessment and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. If you are using birth control medication, there might be irregularity in the hormonal cycles and this can lead to a number of conditions, another reason to get an annual vaginal examination.
- Does it smell differently at different times?: It usually smells differently for every woman and even that unique smell changes with the cycles of ovulation and menstruation due to changes in the pH level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH value is between 3.8 and 4.6. Before menstruation, it may smell acidic followed by a bitter smell for a few days after menstruation. It may also smell differently after a workout (due to sweat) or after sex (due to lubrication). However, a foul smell accompanied by discharge, might be a cause for concern.
- Why does it feel dry sometimes?: Vaginal dryness is normally experienced by women after the age of 45 or after pregnancy. However, dryness is also common just before menstruation. It also happens in women who use anti-allergy medications or birth control pills because they cause dryness in all the mucous membranes of the body.
Me and my boyfriend had sex but he didn't cum inside me. Is there any point to worry? Or do I need to take pill?
I'm 6.5 week pregnant and I prefer medical abortion. I take one dose of 200 mcg mifepristone. After 24 hrs I take 400 mcg means 2 tablets of misoprostol. Now after2 hrs I got very much cramps and more bleeding including clots passing too. Is the abortion complete. After 4 or 5 days the symptoms of pregnancy almost gone and I feel relaxed. please suggest me is the abortion complete.
Menstrual cramps affects all ages of menstruating women, ranging from mild to severe crippling ones. Menstrual cramps may sometimes develop along with irregular blood flow, irritability, headache, fatigue and extreme discomfort in the lower abdominal region. Also light exercises, warm beverage and hot compress may provide momentary relief; these may also aggravate the cramps causing utmost misery.
Homeopathy is a safe, natural and non-toxic method of treating any physical discomfort, disease and infection. It can effectively cure mild infections as well as severe organ malfunctioning. Homeopathy never causes adverse side effects that may be detrimental to the general well being of a person.
Some homeopathy remedies known to ease and cure menstrual cramps:
- Belladonna is known to provide relief from violent, throbbing muscle spasms in the lower abdomen that come suddenly during the course of menstruation. It controls profuse bleeding and prevents blood clots. It is also known to keep irritability and depression in check during this time period.
- Chamomilla is prescribed to patients who are hypersensitive to pain and easily lose mental and emotional stability. The pain is sharp and stinging and extends down to the inner thighs. There are blood clots and profuse bleeding, causing agonizing discomfort to the patient.
- Pulsatilla is prescribed to patients who grow extremely sensitive, depressed and suffer from temporary mental breakdowns during the menstruating period. The cramps are accompanied by nausea and dizziness.
- Magnesia Phos is prescribed to patients who find a little relief from warm applications, bending forward and comforting food or beverages. This is mostly given to women who feel the cramps centred on the uterus but radiating to all sides.
- Caulophyllum is a remedy meant for women who feel the onset of painful cramps before the menstruation begins. Lower abdominal pain, dizziness and a sudden spell of malaise precede the menstruation.
- Apis is meant for women who feel sharp stinging pain near the ovaries, accompanied with dark red mucous and the urine is generally very scanty and dark coloured.
- Veratrum Album is given to patients who have severe cramps accompanied by diarrhoea and nausea.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!