Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. K. Zaman
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Memory Improvement Techniques
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Therapy Oral Language
Critical Care Procedures
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Submit a review for Dr. M. K. ZamanYour feedback matters!
After visiting 6-8 psychiatrists, I found Dr. M.K Zaman page on Google. After I visited him, I was surprised to see his understanding on the subject. I had spend years living with wrong diagnosis, and Dr.M.K Zaman helped me to not only understand my problem, but more importantly how to bring myself out of it. His counselling skills are exceptional. Thank you so much sir
My father is 70 years old and suddenly he is not behaving properly. He used to said my brain not working and I am not able to work. If he stand then remain standing for few minutes in lost condition like he forget what to do next. We had an general examination and physically he is ok in terms of pulse n be. But he is very tensed and taking tension of day to day work also. Please help.
I lost some close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time .please help me.
I have a male child who is 12 years old. Since from the birth he is little hyper active and he is always a slow learner. He does not take interest in his study and he forgets faster. He is not interested in the study. He never forget anything what he has seen in the TV / movie. He has very little patience and gets irritated faster. Consulted a Psychologist earlier and advised for keeping him busy and doing some activities that was done in the center. Now he is getting angry also. Please advise what to do ?
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner.