Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M. K. ZamanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am anxiety patent and also my digestion power is not good whatever i eat can't digest and and my hand shaking, do not feel strength in my body.
My brother died 1 year ago and since that time i have fear in my mind that i'll die so please advise how to remove this fear?
Hi doctor, I have been consuming excessive alcohol for the past few days. Please suggest or advice a home remedy to get the alcohol out of my life soon.
Age is 49 years is alcoholic since 30 years drinks 180 to 300 ml of hard liquor daily now is facing high sugar ,cholesterol problems creatinine level is also high how can we solve this issue please guide.
I am a 19 year old boy. I want to say that my heart beats so fast. Normally whan I feel my heart beats there is a great pace of beats and my heart seems to be sound. Also if sonething goes wrong or there is any tension at my home my heart begins to just like blow. E. G when I use to be at examination hall my heart begins to beat till I will get my question paperand then it will be ok.
I am 40 years old man I have back pain and my sugar level is 355 and leaver is week due to highly use if alchocal now I want I leave all bad habits what should I need to do and what diet should you need to follow to be healthy.
Hello sir/mam I 21 year old male I have problem of stammering from 6 months I stammer mostly on some words aa and ra .and it is happen mostly when I talk on phone .and when someone ask anything face to face. And I feel difficulty to make concentration when some one talk about anything in long and forget early of things and some weightless on mind. Pls give me tips and guide medicine should I take memory booster. Pls help me.
Hi Dr. I'm 18 years old boy studying medicine. Ive some issues regarding hair fall. I wash my hair everyday .but putting shampoo is alternative. I daily oil my hair before sleep. Do I need to make changes to reduce hair fall. Help me. Giv some valuable tips!
Dear Doctor I am matured male of 51 years but still have very high sex drive. I wish to have sex everyday, but my wife is not supporting and say that you should do less sex at this age. My problem is I don't masturbate also and a gap of 2-3 days in intercourse increase my BP and frustration impacting on my office work. Please advise.
Mere age 34 sal he. Me mere papa k sath rehta hun. But hmare beech happy atmosphere nahi he ham kisi na kisi bat par dispute krte rehte he. Meri mother k death ho Jane k bad. Me bht uncomfortable hu. 3 sal se papa k sath life bht pressure dene vali ho gye he . Is baat ka mere future par kya effect hoga or mujhe kya precaution karne chajiye. Please help me.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
My papa aged 60 had a very sharp memory till last three four years but now he bitterly forgets things even very important .Some times he in spite of carefully memorises the list of things to do in the market or work place has to make three four visits to the market for same one item .He is otherwise very healthy and we are a happy family.
Previously known as multiple personality disorder or simply split personality disorder, dissociative identity disorder is a very serious and unpleasant form of dissociation. It is based on the lack of connection, or rather a discontinuity in thought, action, feeling, memory or even a misplaced sense of identity. It is usually considered to be a result of severe traumatic experiences in early childhood, varying from extremely physical to repeated emotional or sexual abuse. It is thought to be a self-defense mechanism where the person dissociates himself from any such experience or situation that would deem to be harmful to his or her conscious self. It is, however, not to be confused with schizophrenia.
There are innumerable indicators that point towards dissociative identity disorder. Some of them include:
- Severe depression
- Sleeping problems such as insomnia or sleep apnea
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Anxiety attacks and phobias
- Suicidal tendencies
- Abnormal rituals and compulsions
- Visual or auditory hallucinations
- Self-persecution and self-sabotage tendencies
- Time-loss and amnesia
- Mood swings
- Headaches and migraines
- Inability to remember important personal information
- 'Switching' of identities
The main causes of split personality disorder are unfortunately still unclear and vague, although 99% of persons who suffer from this disorder have a severe traumatic history or background. The causes need not be physical or sexual abuse. It could also stem from emotional abuse like insistent neglect. Studies have also showed that children may become dissociative, if their parents are either too strict or unpredictable.
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.