Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leena JadhavYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. My wife did pregnancy test at home 2 days ago and test was positive. But yesterday evening and today morning she found some bleeding spots. She had her menstrual on 15th Nov and yesterday and today she found some few spots of bleeding. Now we are totally confused abt that pregnancy test is positive or negative. Pls suggest us. Asap.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 22nd March and her expected periods was on 28th March but she didn't get her periods. We had a test today morning and the result was negative. Should we go for an ultrasound test and consult a gynaecologist or we are safe?
Unprotected Sex on 4th march, got period on 6 march. Lasted 5 to 6 days. Next period on 11 april. Lasted 4 days. 3rd period on 12 may. But lasted 4 days. 4th period on 14th june. Bleeeded only 3 days and bleeding stopped. Can she still become pregnant for the sex done on 4th charge that is done before 4 periods. Can a pregnant woman have monthly period and still be pregnant?
Miscarriage refers to a pregnancy that has ended prematurely, within 20 weeks. Research shows that around 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies end in miscarriages. Chemical pregnancies cause 50-75% of all miscarriages. The condition happens when a pregnancy is lost not long after implantation, bringing about bleeding that happens around the time of her normal period. The woman may not understand that she has conceived when she encounters a chemical pregnancy.
The normal period where miscarriages are expected to occur is during the first 13 weeks of pregnancy. While pregnancy can be an overwhelming and exciting experience, it is beneficial that the woman keeps herself informed about the possibilities of miscarriages.
Some types of miscarriage are:
- Threatened Miscarriage
- Inevitable or Incomplete Miscarriage
- Complete Miscarriage
- Missed Miscarriage
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Blighted Ovum
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Molar Pregnancy
In case of any of the following signs, the doctor should be consulted immediately,
- Mild to Severe Pain
- White-Pink Mucus
- Weight Loss
- True Contractions
- Sudden Decrease in Signs of pregnancy
- Tissue made of clot-like material passing from the vagina
- Bright red or Brown bleeding with or without cramps
- The majority of women will require a transvaginal ultrasound (TVS) and 98% of complete miscarriages can be diagnosed in this way.
- If a transvaginal ultrasound scan is unacceptable to the woman, then a transabdominal ultrasound scan should be offered and the woman should be made aware of the limitations of this method of scanning.
- If there is no visible heartbeat then a second scan should be performed. This is either done at a minimum of 7 or 14 days, depending up the measurements of the crown-rump length or the mean gestational sac.
- Be aware that a woman with a pregnancy of unknown location may have an ectopic pregnancy.
- Serum hCG
- Serum hCG tests can help to exclude an ectopic pregnancy in women with a complete miscarriage (or pregnancy of unknown location), determined by ultrasound.
- Serial tests are required but results should complement clinical assessment and not replace it. Two tests are taken as close as possible to 48 hours apart:
- >63% increase suggests ongoing pregnancy.
- >50% decrease suggests pregnancy is unlikely to continue.
- A woman with results between these parameters should be reviewed in the EPAU withing 24 hours.
- Slow doubling times are associated with miscarriage and declining values have high sensitivity of 93-97% in diagnosing a complete miscarriage.
- Rare causes of a raised hCG should also be borne in mind, including gestational trophoblastic disease or cranial germ cell tumour, which must be considered.
One meta-analysis has shown that a single low progesterone measurement for women in early pregnancy, presenting with bleeding or pain and inconclusive ultrasound assessments, can rule out a viable pregnancy. However, a very low serum progesterone can be seen in normal viable pregnancies, so progesterone should not be used as the definitive diagnostic test without other evidence.
- Admission to hospital can be avoided in 40% of women with threatened or actual early pregnancy loss.
- Following a miscarriage, all women should have access to support, follow-up and formal counselling when necessary.
- Anti-D rhesus prophylaxis (250 IU) should be offered to all rhesus-negative women who have a surgical procedure to manage a miscarriage.
- However, anti-D rhesus prophylaxis does not have to be given to those women who:
- Receive solely medical management for an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
- Have a threatened miscarriage.
- Have a complete miscarriage.
- Have a pregnancy of unknown location.
- Women need evidence-based information to guide their decisions, as well as access to support and counselling; leaflets, web addresses and helpline numbers for support organisations should be offered to all women experiencing miscarriage.
- There is no evidence to support a couple delaying attempts to conceive following a miscarriage.
The main purpose of treatment is to prevent haemorrhage and infection. It is common that the body expels all the fetal fluid during the earlier stages of the pregnancy. In case it doesn t, a procedure known as D&C (Dilution & Curettage) is performed to remove the fluid and prevent infection.
Since most miscarriages occur due to chromosomal abnormalities, nothing significant can be done to prevent them.
Tips to be taken to ensure a healthy conception are:
- Regular Exercise
- Stress Management
- Daily consumption of folic acid
- Not smoking
I want to have sex with my gf. We both are virgin. So please suggest me in detail what precautions should we take and what should we do for a better experience (a long duration inter course). Please suggest in detail.
I had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend on the 2nd day of my periods and I was having a heavy flow. He ejaculated inside, twice. I took an I-Pill next morning. My Periods were due on 21st of this month, but still no sign. Please suggest medication to resume periods.
Hello sir I am 23 year female. I have got small rashes in and outside my vagina. It burns while urinating and on touching. It makes me feels discomfort. At present am using cambizen cream in my vagina. Please help me sir. Thank you.
Hello doctors, I really tensed. According to my last two usgs my baby is 11weeks+6. But according to my lmp it is 12weeks+5. My ovulation time is also late so it was understood. But I did my NB NT scan and suddenly according that usg it is showing 13weeks+6. How come this is possible? I checked my sugar level it is normal. I'm not able to understand.
Im 32 weeks pregnant and keep on experiencing emotional stress. What stress reliever could you refer for me?
I am a 20 years old girl and I have irregular mc problem with starting. I take m-tone syr then I have mc but after 2 month it stopped. So please Dr. Tell me what I do?
Hi. I am 9 weeks 5 days pregnant. My hb electrophoresis report shows fetal haemoglobin percentage 0. Does this mean anything negative. M worried.
My question is about irregular periods. I diagnosed with pcos in minor. What should I do? What should be my workout and diet? I got married on 5 december ? I want to conceive in this year? What is the homeopathy treatment for this?
Dear sir/madam, we are also facing same problem. We regularly doing sex thrice a day since last 2 month but still there is no sign of pregnancy. Should I consult to doctor or wait for someone time. And please suggest us tests which we can do.
Unlike vegans, vegetarians include dairy products in their diets. These foods are naturally high in vitamin b-12. An 8-ounce glass of milk, for example, provides 0.9 micrograms of vitamin b-12. As the dietary reference intake is 2.4 micrograms, a glass of milk provides 37.5 percent of your daily vitamin b-12. An 8-ounce cup of yogurt provides the same amount, while 1 ounce of cheese contains 0.2 micrograms, or 8.3 percent of your daily vitamin b-12.
Yeast extract spreads are a good vegetarian source of vitamin b-12 and are also suitable for vegans. A 1-tablespoon serving of these spreads -- typically served on toast or crackers -- contains 0.09 micrograms of vitamin b-12, or 3.75 percent of your daily intake. Although most brewer's and nutritional yeasts do not naturally contain vitamin b-12, fortified yeasts are another good source of this vitamin. These products are typically labeled as vegan or vegetarian nutritional yeast flakes. Depending on the brand, adding as little as 2 teaspoons to your breakfast cereal or smoothie or with a spread on toast can provide 100 percent of your daily vitamin b-12 intake.
Eggs are naturally high in vitamin b-12. One large chicken egg yolk contains 0.33 micrograms of vitamin b-12, or 13.8 percent of your daily intake. In comparison with chicken's eggs, the eggs of other birds contain much more vitamin b-12. For example, a single duck egg contains 3.78 micrograms of vitamin b-12, while a goose egg contains 7.34 micrograms. As there are no known risks of excessive vitamin b-12 intake, it is safe for you to use duck and goose eggs as a daily b-12 source. You can use duck and goose eggs in place of chicken eggs in most dishes. However, goose eggs are three to four times larger than chicken or duck eggs, so you will need to adjust recipes accordingly.
Fortified foods are a good vegetarian source of vitamin b-12. These include soy products, dairy alternatives and breakfast cereals. For example, a single veggie burger patty contains 1.41 micrograms and a cup of fortified bran flakes contains 1.5 micrograms of the nutrient. Respectively, these amounts account for 58.8 and 62.5 percent of your daily vitamin b-12 intake. Because not all fortified soy products and breakfast cereals contain vitamin b-12, read nutritional information labels before making a purchase.