Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leena JadhavYour feedback matters!
Simple sugar is also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese. Increases risks of contracting heart diseases consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake. Weakens immune system: sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely. Sugar can make you age faster: the sugar content in your body creates molecules known as ages (advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely. Sugar can be addictive: most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult me.
Dr. Kapil Dev Gupta
Ramashram Homoeo Care
Hello doctor, I am facing a problem of secondary ammnehornea, sep 12th was my last LMP on sep 19th I participated on the same day I took an ipill, oct 12 I skiped my periods on oct 31st and on nov 5th did test came negative doctor prescribed me regestrone tabs for 5 days I took them for 5 days upto nov 9th still I am not getting kindly suggest me wht should I do to which doctor I should consult for my problem.
Last period ended on 10th of Feb 2015 and I had intercourse from 13th till 19th alternate days. And today I hve got my periods may I know the reason?
Will a girl get pregnant even after her period continues for 4 months? P.S. After having unprotected sex.
My wife (Age 28, height 5.2 and weight 69k g) took pregnancy test after 8 days of missed period and it was positive. She repeated next days with some other company's kit and it was positive. She is currently taking MCBM 69 (since last 4.5 months) and Thyronorm 50 mg (since last 7 months). TSH level one and half months back was 1.3 Please suggest if she needs to undergo some blood test to confirm pregnancy or any other test required. Also, any health tips for her.
Mera periods time isbar 5 days let aya herbaljaldi ata he. So I think I am pregnant but not. Pls tell me. Me kya kru my mrg cmplt with 1 year we do regular sex but no pregnancy.
First time sex kerne pe male and female dono ko dard hota hai kya. Aur jab first night ko first time sex krne se wife ko jaida dard huaa to wo bura to nhi maan jayegi naa .yaa aur koi tareeka hai jisse dard hone ke baad bhi wo normal behave kre?
I have a problem. Whenever I try for the intercourse with my wife. In between.or during intercourse period my body does not get the proper satisfaction. What may be the reason.& also I make sexual relationship with my wife once or twice in a year. I never feel the sexual requirement. Why is it like this?
People across the planet observe fasting from dawn to dusk during the holy month of Ramadan, the ninth according to the Islamic calendar. The fasting is observed throughout the month to commemorate the first revelation that was made of the Holy Quran to Prophet Muhammad, and people remind themselves to abstain not only from food, but also from negative thoughts.
However, the fasting is observed from dawn until the onset of twilight. The most important part of this fasting ritual is breaking the fast, the consumption of the iftar.
Care needs to be taken when breaking a fast so as not to overburden your digestive system. Though fasting is a healthy regimen for both the mind as well as the body, the natural body cycle is challenged by reversing the normal food cycle and can affect metabolism.
Break the Eid fast in a smarter way
The most nutritious and easy-to-digest foods should be ingested to break a fast, gradually adding more diversity over time. You can try dates and honey, which are not only a part of the tradition, but also help and prepare the digestive system and being sweet in flavor they prevent you from overeating.
Eating heavy food can better be avoided while breaking the fast as they may create a sudden imbalance in the system. You may start with fruit juices and eat light food that is easy to digest. Fruit and vegetable juices, bone broths and even yogurt are good for that initial "breaking" of the fast.
Among these, fruits are the most popular and easiest. But whatever you do, rehydrate yourself with a couple of glasses of water and continue to take sips through the evening.
Not full yet, try these
Lettuce and spinach (you can use plain yogurt as a dressing and top with fresh fruit), cooked vegetables and vegetable soups, raw vegetables, well-cooked grains and beans, nuts and eggs, and milk products are recommended.
The body undergoes minor internal changes, like enzymes usually produced by the digestive system, have ceased to be produced or have been diminished greatly while observing the fast, so introducing food slowly allows the body to re-establish the enzyme production.
Also, try making healthy choices, for instance, grilled meats instead of fried, light sauces instead of creamy ones and limited portions of white rice and bread. Fiber and protein rich diets should be preferred choice.
Put a vigil on your wandering hands
While fasting the mucus lining of the stomach momentarily is reduced, making the stomach walls more vulnerable to irritation until it returns to normal. Gentle introduction of foods, beginning with the simplest and easy-to-digest foods supports this process. Coffee and spicy foods like haleem or beef must be avoided, as it can cause irritation to the system, during the fast.
Also limiting sugary syrups and fizzy drinks can help you keep your weight and blood sugar levels in check. The same goes for fatty foods, preservatives, and soft drinks. Avoid vinegar and chili, for instance.
To conclude, after fasting for long hours, while breaking the fast, small meals are preferred as the digestion will be slow and also avoid food that is spicy and heavy. Introduce nutrient-rich ingredients in the meal and have proteins and essential vitamins and minerals in your diet. And last, but not the least, keep yourself well hydrated.
This Eid, break the fast the healthy way! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 31 years old I got married fast 2 years but till now I have no child and I tested all report that report was year counts below 30 million please tell me how to increase my counts.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients which play an absolutely pivotal role in protecting your body from a number of diseases and disorders, such as flu and colds. Additionally, it helps in boosting the body's calcium synthesis abilities, in rebuilding of damaged blood vessels and bones as well as tissue repair and boosting of overall immunity of the body. It is an essential part of the diet and should not be overlooked in any case.
Some of the major foods, which are a rich source of Vitamin C are as follows:
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits, including limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits etc. are one of the most popular sources of vitamin C in the world, and are laden with a high number of good properties.
- Strawberries: One of the healthiest and tastiest berries, strawberries are not only rich in vitamin C, they are rich in fiber and antioxidants as well. They help in protecting the heart from excessive cholesterol and in reducing levels of oxidative stress.
- Papayas: One of the most excellent sources of vitamin C, papayas have been known to supply almost 100% of your daily Vitamin C needs in a single serving. Additionally, they are also a great source of Vitamin A.
- Kiwis: Research has found that levels of vitamin C found in kiwis are substantially higher than oranges; something which makes this New Zealand native one of the most lucrative vitamin C options on the planet. Additionally, kiwis have also been found to improve the functioning of the respiratory tract in children as well as adults and are also rich in flavonoids and minerals like potassium.
- Guavas: One guava contains over 250mg of vitamin C, which is approximately twice the amount of what your body requires daily. Apart from being a storehouse of vitamin C, it is also rich in folic acid, dietary fiber and minerals like manganese and potassium.
- Melons: Melons such as cantaloupe not only supply a high quantity of vitamin C, they are also rich in potassium and vitamin A. Other melons like watermelons also provide you with almost 112% of your regular Vitamin C requirements.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes, irrespective of whether they are bright red or sun dried, provide almost 170% of your daily Vitamin C requirements in only one serving.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency"
My periods have came on 7th april and my fb rubbing with his open penis on my laggings and he also used his finger in my inner area may be my fb down on my laggings then my periods again come on 29 th of april so there is any chance to get pregnant. What is the expected time of my periods in may.
Please name some contraceptive pills to remove unwanted pregnancy. Is there any difficulty after taking it! Is it safe or not? Plzzz ans all my queries.
Winter is the time when people cherish food for several reasons, be it the seasonal availability of certain food items and their unique flavor, color, taste, etc. Also, during winters we need to add food that warm us and helps to build immunity to fight against common cold, cough and flu.
This season brings with it hearty winter greens like palak, methi, sarson, muli and high energy and protein grains like Bajra and makki which are loaded with warmth giving quality.
All this calls for higher intake of food leading to more calorie intake than usual. Here are some winter foods with high nutritional value coming in a low calorie package.
1. Methi leaves: In winters, methi leaves are available in abundance and are fresh. It is an excellent source of folate, vitamin A, B6, C, and K. It is excellent in boosting immunity during the winter months. Methi instantly increases body heat which is perfect for cold days. Methi also helps in lowering the cholesterol and control diabetes. It can be consumed in many ways either make a parantha out of it or a subzi, its goodness remains there.
2. Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits especially orange and grapefruit are at their juiciest in the wintertime. Loaded with vitamin C. Citrus fruits are also rich in flavonoids, which are known to boost ‘good’ HDL cholesterol and lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Carrot: It is the “powerfood” of winters, packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, K, and B8, beta carotene, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. Good for vision as it is a good source of vitamin A. Pectin present in it lowers the cholesterol levels. Carrots are known to possess anti cancer properties. Try to have a glass of carrot juice daily.
4. Hot soups: Nothing is better than a bowl of hot soup during chilly winters. Less in calories, higher in nutrients, satisfies the taste buds, provides heat to your body. What else can be a better appetizer than even a simple tomato soup or chicken soup.
5. Ginger: Ginger acts as an antioxidant. It makes your immune system strong. It is an excellent remedy against cold and flu especially when taken with honey. It boosts the metabolism and keeps the body warm. A hot cup of ginger tea is the best way to protect from winter chills.
Let’s gives this winter a healthy break by adding above mentioned foods in our diet