Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leena JadhavYour feedback matters!
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
I have pcos and I consult doctor for past two months. Last month they test follicle study. On 18th day they suggest meprate tablet for 5 days morning and evening. Till today I didn't get period. From October 15 onwards am suffering from viral fever eventhough there s no fever now still I have giddiness and vomiting sensation. But my relatives are suspecting that Whether I get pregnant. Please suggest something doctors?
Hi I have type 2 diabetes in normal range so any problem with my marriage life & I an for a baby boy ya girl so tell me please suggest me any problems with my diabetes please reply.
Hello. I am 20 years old. And i got my periods late this time. I dont remember my last date but they are late. I am getting clots and scanty flow. Its very less. Please help me to know what problem could be causing this. And i have been loosing my weight more from some time and i do get eating disorders like most of the times i feel pain in my stomach , its like gone too sensitive for many kind of foods. Please help.
I am 19 years old and I am suffering from PCOS. I was given femilon for 3 months in august 2014. Now this year I did not get my periods for 3 months. Now I got my periods but I am gaining weight, I feel depressed and I get too many mood swings. What should I do?
Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and married I have so much of interest in sex, but my wife did have a that much of interest we don't have personal issues its a love marriage, at the time of sex she feels so much of pain I am not able to do the sex, that means her Virginia is very tight. I am not able to push into her pussy Is there any medicine for my wife to get a interest in sex. Please help me.
In today’s busy world where life is catching us by the neck, vacation is a word that is slowly getting out of our lexicon. While for many, travelling is a passion, for few others, travelling means a bag full of woes spending money, getting exhausted or may be falling sick. But it is very important for you to take short breaks from your busy schedules and go on a vacation, where you will travel, not for work, but for your own tranquility. The reason why travelling for yourself is important is that, travel can surprisingly help you to stay healthier and happier.
Below mentioned are five surprising ways travel can help you to stay much healthier:
- It is an effective way of reducing stress. Physical and emotional stress can deteriorate your health. Travelling can help you to drift away from your worries for some time and can thus, reduce your stress.
- Travelling can also help you to rework on your sleep schedules. It can allow you to get adequate sleep that your body and mind require. Sleeping well does improve your health conditions.
- Researches show that travelling can lower your chances of developing heart diseases or heart attacks. Thus, it can help you maintain a strong and healthy heart and you stay away from a host of cardiovascular disorders.
- Travelling involves a lot of body activity as well as joint and muscle movements. Thus, it can help you to get rid of your sedentary lifestyle (like sitting in front of computers and working for long hours at a stretch) and improve your flexibility.
- The different people and the different cultures you get to come across while you travel can really lift your spirits up and ebb all negative energies away. Thus, not only can travelling help you to maintain a healthy body, but it can also help you to maintain good mental health too.
Remember, taking some time out from the humdrum of your city and spending time out there in the world outside might just help you cope with a problem which has been giving you a niggle for quite sometime now.
Patient with 6 month amenorrhoea (pregnant) having severe right lumbar region pain extends from behind to forward up to groin region what's diagnosis if usg shows normal? reply.
My wife gave birth to twins baby girls on 2nd April 2016. My first baby is ok but 2nd baby is week and having wt. Of 1.5 kg at birth. She was suffering from Heart Problem named as" Tiny PDA of 2 mm with left to right shunt" At present she is in hospital and PDA increased to 4 mm. Kindly suggest what to do. Doctor said she needs a surgery to close this gap. Kindly suggest me whether it is dangerous or is there any medicine by which that gap can be filled and what is the effect of this on future life.
White fluid discharge. As per clinical test klebsiella pneumoniae found in April 2016. PAP SMEAR AND HPV NEGATIVE. Augmentin 625 taken No relief. Currently fluid discharge with waist pain. Kindly suggest.
Are the new birth control pills that eliminate your periods really safe? how to control the after effects of it.
Dear doctor. I am a 27 year old female. Since the age of 13 to 15 I have been masturbating. In the beginning I dint know why I was doing such act but slowly it became a habit and it gave me immense pleasure. On knowing about the masturbating and reading about it online I still continue doing it. The desire is at its peak before and after my menstrual cycle. My concern is each time I masturbate I pee after the act. Plus my abdomen pain the next day after that. I also feel I have immensely increased my breasts off late. Please educate me. What is write or wrong. If their is any medicine which could prevent me from not masturbating. Plus being a 27 year old female and a virgin masturbation help me control my emotions and stress. Please guide me.
I am 18 year old and I have this problem of PCOD since 2 years. I want a permanent solution to this as I don't want to be on medicine for my lifetime.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
• Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
• Limit sun exposure.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
• To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
• Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
• Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes