Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupressurists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lata Mahajan
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lata MahajanYour feedback matters!
My hair looks very dull and dry. They are very thin & doesn't grow long. Also it could be a heredity problem but I would love to know if there is any possible way to make them thick , long & shinny .
I am 50 years old female and suffering from joint pains all over my body. What should I do for it, and should be my diet for everyday.
Cervical spondylosis is an age related disorder affecting the discs and joints in your neck. The overuse of the bone and cartilage in the cervical spine of your neck leads to cervical spondylosis. While it is mostly caused by age, it can also be caused by other factors. Stiffness and severe, chronic pain are the most common problems with patients afflicted with cervical spondylosis. While in others, it might not cause problems and they can go about their daily activities.
Physiotherapy for Cervical Spondylosis
There is no cure for cervical spondylosis, but its symptoms can be treated with physiotherapy. If you have chronic pain in your neck, shoulder blades or arms, a physiotherapist can provide effective pain relief by strengthening your vertebrae and neck. This will improve your posture and prevent any relapse of the pain.
Firstly, the physiotherapist will evaluate your condition; check your reflexes and strength. Then, the physiotherapist will move on to the following treatments:
- Stretching, strengthening and straightening exercises: Before beginning these exercises, your physiotherapist will first apply cold or heat to the affected area and then proceed with a deep tissue massage or electric stimulation. When your muscles are relaxed, the exercises will begin only then. These exercises are performed to strengthen the muscles in your neck. Through these, you will learn how to improve your range of movement and posture.
- Neck traction: Pulling your head to stretch out your spine is called neck traction. This technique is used to improve movement and ease the pain. Traction is used to open the spaces between the vertebras gently in order to ease pressure on the distressed discs. Traction is done continuously or sporadically, with short periods of rest in between. If you cannot find the right physiotherapist to do this for you, there are devices to help you stretch your spine.
- Cervical collars and pillows: Neck pillows or cervical pillows, are made to keep your neck steady while you sleep. Cervical collars are also called neck braces which are used to support the neck. While cervical collars have been proven to be quite beneficial, there isn’t much evidence to support cervical pillows in treating cervical spondylosis. You can always consult physiotherapist before purchasing a cervical pillow.
I am 20 year old male and I don't have beard and moustache ,the last 3 year I shave my face and I have use some oil for couple of days but don't get ant result. I am not satisfy with my face maturity level. What should I do.
I am having pain in my hand since 2 weeks, and I have being eating pain killers but there is no relief. Please suggest me the right way.
I have had a hair transplant four months ago so please tell me what precautions and diet should I take. What is the life of new transplanted hairs.
I am 30 years old female suffering from severe shoulder pain. I tried many home remedies but no use. Please help me.
How grow new hair in blunt man? My hair fall is continuously increases day by day. If any that help me to stop hair falling grow new hair.
Premature hair thinning, receding hairline, increased hair fall and other problems related to your scalp are directly proportional to your psychological health. Being overly concerned about one's physical appearance does not always result from vanity. It could be the plain and simple desire of being acceptable to oneself. Today surgeons are capable of transplanting and extracting large number of hair follicles.
The reasons when one may opt for a hair transplant are:
- Androgenic alopecia - Genetically mediated common baldness in men and women. Hair transplant is a procedure where reshuffling of your own hair is done under local Anaesthesia. Results start seeing after 4 months and full results are seen after 10 months.
- Traction alopecia: This type of hair loss occurs due to exertion of external pressure on the hair which may cause it to fall. If the hair does not grow back then it would result in a bald patch. Thus you may opt for a hair transplant procedure if you suffer from this disorder and experience loss of hair.
- Involutional alopecia: It is a form of alopecia where the hair growth tends to decrease due to ageing resulting in thinning and shorter hair. The follicles remain in the telogen phase (resting phase) for an extended amount of time. You may opt for a hair transplant surgery to correct this disorder.
- Trichotillomania: This is a psychological condition where a person pulls out his/her hair. If excessive hair is lost, resulting in bald spots, then you may opt for hair transplant surgery.
Hair transplant surgery is naturally a lasting and safe treatment for hair loss, as the chances for your body to reject the intervention in the form of implanted hair is minimal. This is because the technique that is used involves taking your own hair out from the follicle roots, (mostly from areas like the neck or the back and sides of your head) where they are not needed so much and place them in specially designed holes in the bald areas. Since no external factors are involved, the body does not tend to reject the transplant.