Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit Kumar MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm 16 years old. (i) How many hours of sleep should I have daily? (ii) I have read that the no of hours we sleep directly affects our memory. I have to memorise a lot in science subjects, but my schedule is such that I am not getting enough sleep. What should I do?
Do you know the sun is making your skin age faster? Plus, 5 other reasons behind facial wrinkles
Facial wrinkling occurs when the skin develops creases, folds and ridges. The formation of wrinkles is a normal part of the process of skin ageing. However, certain factors may accelerate the process and lead to premature wrinkling of the face and other parts of the body.
The main causes of facial wrinkling are:
- Skin ageing: as a person gets older, his/her skin becomes less taut and begins to sag. The production of natural oils and fat in the deeper layers of the skin gets reduced with age, which leads to the formation of wrinkles due to diminished skin elasticity.
- Sun exposure: constant exposure of skin to the sun causes damage and speeds up the ageing process. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun break down collagen and collective tissue fibres, which is the primary cause of premature wrinkling.
- Skin complexion: due to the absence of melanin, people with fairer (lighter) skin, experience more damage due to sun exposure. This causes them to develop wrinkles much earlier.
- Facial muscle contraction: repeatedly making the same facial expressions and contraction of face muscles causes wrinkling. Those who constantly frown, smile or squint get facial wrinkles as it leads to reduced skin elasticity.
- Smoking: smokers are more susceptible to premature wrinkling. This is due to the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals from the smoke in the bloodstream, which hamper the supply of blood and oxygen to the outer layers of skin.
- Genetic factors: many people get facial wrinkling as a result of hereditary causes and family genetics.
However, the good news is that facial wrinkling can be prevented through these simple ways:
- Sun protection: This is the most effective way of avoiding wrinkles. Keep yourself protected against sun exposure by staying out of the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen at all times.
- Quitting the smoke: Kicking the habit will show a marked improvement in your skin quality and would help prevent further wrinkling.
- Use of moisturisers: Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling. Keeping your skin supple and moisturised prevents wrinkles.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle: The combination of following a nutritious diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and regularly exercising keeps the skin young and wrinkle-free.
- Treatment options: There are several options to improve wrinkles by procedures which include botox, fillers, prp and lasers for skin tightening. The most suitable option can be chosen depending upon the severity and type of wrinkling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
How to reduce sex urge .I'm an engineering student I was addicted to masturbation but now I want to focus on my studies as its last year but every time I urge to have sex I dream abt my gf and those kisses and all that romantic moments spend with her .its very much distracting me .I'm not able to concentrate please help me out.
My Wife, 33 years old, Thyroid patient [50 mcg thyronorm tablet daily empty stomach],Resident of Bangalore. She starts coughing suddenly when there is a weather change. It is always a dry cough. Once the coughing starts, with no cough coming out, she cannot control and continues for around 7~8 minutes, causing lot of headache and chest-pain. One unique observation is whenever she lies down, this coughing happens 7/10 times. If she eats ice-cream in Bangalore, her throat gets affected, but when she eats ice cream in Assam, the throat is alright. Please advice.
I had sex with prostitute with using condom, 6 times. Every one said condom prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Is it right how it possible.
I am 17 as I told you I had sex after my periods 2 days after we used flavoured condom .are flavoured condom safe? and after doing by had becoming after 2 or 3 min I touched inside pussy we did it day before yesterday and yesterday night I had lots of stomach pain, back pain and little vomit sensation. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
I have intense pain in the neck for about a weak what should I do in order to get rid of it? Please tell me.
Asthma is one of the most common chronic disease affecting arround 300 million individuals worldwide.
Asthma can be effectively treated and most patient can achieve good control of their disease.Good control of asthma means
No troublesome symtoms day and night.
Use of little or no reliever medication.
Have productive,physically active life.
Have near normal lung function test
Avoid serious attacks.
ASTHMA causes recurring episodes of wheezing,breathlessness,chest tightness and coughing particularly at night or in the early morning .
Asthma is a chronic inflamatory disease of airways which leads to hyperresponsiveness of airways leading to bronchoconstrction of airways when exposed to risk factors.
RISK FACTORS for asthma symtoms are ,exposure to allergens( such as house dust mite,animals with fur,cockroaches, pollens and moulds),occupational irritants,tobacco smoke,respiratory viral infections,exercise,strong emotional expressions,chemical irritants,and drugs (such as aspirin and betablocker.)
Step wise approach for drug treatment is reccomended.
For many patients controller medicine is required daily and reliever as required.
To reach and maintain asthma control requires development of parternership between the person with asthma and his/her health care provider.
Asthma is not a cause for shame.Olympic athletes,famous leader,other celebrities,and ordinary people live SUCCESSFUL LIVES with asthma.