Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. L.K JhaYour feedback matters!
My wife had treatment for Cancer. And was out of problem since 2013 Sept. Since then is a victim of High B.P AND Depression . Was also patient of Digestive disorder like either constipation or Hyper acidity. Please Guide.
Sir I am 17 years old and went to a water park yesterday, there I fell on one of the slides by my ribs side and since then it started paining there, there's also a little pain while breathing when I applied the ice packs, there is reliefe in my pain pls suggest about the problem. Will due to this problem I will be feeling any pain in future.
Hai sir, iam suffering on very painful in my heart left side. This pain comes to the rare. But once come is very dangerous. So pls solve my problem.
Rarely I get this sudden pain in the left side of my chest near the heart. It increases when I breathe in but when I stop. I can't feel the pain. This lasts for a max of 5 to 8 seconds.
Hi, I'm suffering from hypertension from 1 & 1/2 years i'm in medication period how can control my BP please tell to me.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Cholesterol is generally regarded as something bad for the health. As a part of diet, everyone tries to avoid anything that has cholesterol in it. What needs to be understood is that not all cholesterol is bad. There is also good cholesterol, which is actually very essential for body functions. This is required for the production of essential hormones. Inadequate amounts of good cholesterol can lead to problems ranging from simple hormonal imbalances to severe issues like infertility.
The following are some food items, which contain sufficient amounts of good cholesterol and should find a place in your plate. They are essential for various body functions including hormone formation.
Avocado oil: Most oil is considered bad, but avocado oil contains about 70% of good cholesterol and should be used for its heart-healthy benefits. Being a great antioxidant, it protects the heart by reducing inflammation and by improving blood pressure. Eating whole avocado is also beneficial for the heart and the body as a whole.
Buckwheat: This whole grain is rich in many vitamins, quite a few minerals, and is a good provider of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free and is rich in antioxidants, making it extremely cardio-friendly.
Soy: Too much saturated fat in the diet cannot be digested and the liver converts these and stores it, which adds to obesity. Soy which is a good replacement for animal fat and even dairy products can help improve cholesterol levels and prevent fat accumulation.
Salmon: This is one of the most heart-friendly food items, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and good cholesterol. It lowers triglyceride levels and provides a good amount of protein for the body.
Spinach: The cholesterol which settles against the blood vessels is washed off by consuming spinach – in regular quantities at regular intervals. It is also the richest source of lutein, which is known as guardian against aging diseases including hypertension.
Go the nutty way: While most would consider nuts as rich in oils, truth is they are loaded with good cholesterol. Therefore, whether it is almonds or pecans, ground nuts or walnuts, nuts are great for the heart. They are also rich in minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, and potassium and contain various vitamins. So about a teaspoon of chopped nuts should be on your plate on any given day.
- Dark chocolate: Again, like nuts, most of us tend to avoid chocolate, but these restrictions are only for the white ones with sugar. The dark one is extremely healthy for the heart with loaded antioxidants, which prevents clogging of arteries. It is also rich in flavonoids, which are useful in controlling blood pressure and other heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.