Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. L.K.C SinhaYour feedback matters!
My brother gets acute pain around his left ankle and some pain around his right ankle when he walks for about 15 minutes. The pain subsides on resting for 5-10 minutes. There is no pain when resting. Our doctor advised a blood circulation test to check if it's a case of peripheral artery disease. The test was carried out in his right leg only and blood circulation was found to be normal. Does this mean that blood circulation in his left leg would also be OK given that the test was carried only on his right leg?
I got head ache from 1 month and its not high slowly, in summer how to manage pls explain of this disease, pls suggest me less dose.
Sir, he is suffering from diabetes from last 3 years and he is also a blood pressure patient. He is taking medicine from last 3 years but he is still suffering from diabetes although around 140. So, please suggest the medicine so that he will get rid of diabetes.
I am 50 yrs old and physically fit since I am a regular jogger. I get myself medically checked every six months. I did not have any problem with any parameter till last month when my total cholesterol level came as 264 with all parameter within limit except LDL at 180 which is high, Please advice me as to what should I do to bring this level within limit.
I am 19. Year old something there is sudden pain in my chest. Can you tell me what is the cause of this pain?
Blockage in heart is a common term used for narrowing of coronary arteries. Coronary arteries are vessels, which supply blood and thus oxygen and food to continuously working heart muscles. Heart muscles, which are not tired working from the birth till death, however, cannot sustain long without blood supply.
A reduction in blood supply gives rise to ischemia of heart muscles commonly manifested as chest discomfort or angina. A sudden complete shutdown of blood supply leads to heart attack leading to permanent damage to heart (if blood flow not reestablished promptly).
But what causes these arteries to block? Deposition of LDL cholesterol (low density cholesterol) in inner surface of coronary arteries is the primary reason of these blockages. LDL a normal component of blood (upto certain limit) starts depositing in arteries as early as 10 years of age!
Deposition of billions of LDL molecules over several years on inner surface of arteries gives rise to visible narrowings in these arteries. Flow ahead of these narrowings is reduced in proportion to the narrowing. At a level of 70 % narrowing the flow is reduced to give ischemia (and angina) during exercise. Gradually increasing degree of narrowing reduces the exercise needed for ischemia and angina; a narrowing of more than 90 % can give symptoms at rest. A sudden clot formation at any of these stages can block the flow suddenly giving a heart attack.
If LDL is a normal component of blood, why it is deposited in the arteries at first place?
LDL above a certain limit in blood starts depositing in the arteries. Diabetes, Hypertension, smoking, less exercise and genetics makes it more sticky thus making narrowing faster. This is why these risk elements need to be properly attended for prevention from heart disease. For treatment medicines are important for stopping the progression of narrowings; angioplasty is a method of fast resolution of blockage; and bypass surgery is the method of creating a whole new blood supply for the affected part of the heart.
I am 27 year old. After taking meal every time my heart start bouncing for 3 to 4 hrs, then subsidies what should I do. This problem is 3 to 4 yr old.
AGE:65 years having Diabetic with alopathy medicine my FBS is 145 and PP2BS 165 apxm. And having Blokage in Arteries create walk angina. Give preferred guidance.
One of the most common problems to affect men and women of all ages is high blood pressure. If your blood pressure consistently shows a reading that is higher than 140 over 90 you may be suffering from high blood pressure. High blood pressure on its own is not fatal, but it can lead to a number of problems including strokes and higher vulnerability to heart attacks.
An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the biggest causes for high blood pressure. Thus making conscious lifestyle changes such as leading a more active life and eating more fruits and vegetables can help manage high blood pressure. Ayurveda also has a number of ways to manage and treat high blood pressure. Some of these are:
1. Garlic cloves: Garlic has a number of antiseptic properties and is also beneficial towards slowing down the pulse rate and helps smoothen the heart’s rhythm. To use garlic, include it in your regular food or better still, chew 2-3 fresh, raw cloves of garlic a day.
2. Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in L-citrulline, an amino acid which has the ability to lower blood pressure. It is also loaded with fiber, vitamin A, potassium and lycopenes which also help lower blood pressure levels. To benefit from watermelon, it can be eaten as it is or dried watermelon seeds can be crushed and mixed with cuscus powder and water to be drunk twice a day. The powder made from dried watermelon seeds can also be steeped with boiling water to create a tea that should be consumed every morning and evening.
3. Amla or Indian gooseberries: This herb is associated with a number of health benefits and can help lower cholesterol, hypertension and help stabilize blood circulation. To use amla in the treatment of high blood pressure, crush and extract the juice of 4-5 amlas and have 2 teaspoons of this juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey every morning. This also strengthens the digestive system and prevents the build up of toxins inside the body.
4. Yoga: Yoga asanas can also help stabilize the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and thus regulate blood pressure. To treat high blood pressure, begin by sitting in the Siddhasana posture and practising the Anjali Mudra. This helps reduce stress and anxiety. Follow this by the Supta Padangusthasana and then the Matsya Kridasana. Simple anulom vilom and other such breathing exercises can also help lower high blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My chest looks like female. I'm very much depressed I am afraid to remove my shirts in public places such as rivers, falls etc. Is there any solution to my problem. Plzzzz help me.
Whenever I lie sideways for sometime like 15 min. Then while any upper body movement. I feel an acute pain at a particular point. I think its in upper ribs in right ribs i. E. 2 inches from centre line. What should I do and what can it be?
Iam 22 old male iam suffering from gastric problem symptoms left shoulder near heart pain. Pain relief with in seconds. And repeated yawing and fatigue. What is problem? Iam already consult the doctors all test performed but no problem in heart (ecg, urine test, heart scan, blood test all test normal) again repeat the problem why? Iam follow the diet no bad habits? This is danger problem or not? Please tell me know.
I am Amarjeet singh m suffer from high BP and sugar problem since last 2 year. I took med. Properly but my was not in control pls adv. Me what should I do.
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.