Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum MishraYour feedback matters!
Hi Recently I got the baby. My wife and baby health is very fine I like to have sex. But my wife told me not to do for 3 months. Please tell me which time we should have romance? How many months we should not have sex?
I am having irregular periods for a long time. I went to many doctors but no results the only thing that resulted is excess body weight.
I'm trying for a second baby. I had blighted ovum and aborted at end of april. My doctor advised me not to conceive for 3-6 months. But I want to know what if I conceive within 3 months? I have normal menstrual cycle. I got periods according to my abortion date. Can I take it as my uterus has healed and can conceive?
You can get rid of your chapped lips by using various natural remedies which are readily available at anyone's home. A number of reasons can make skin and lips dry. The dryness and cracks that are caused to the lips may be painful and cause bleeding too. There are many remedies which are suggested such as the application of lip balm or moisturiser. But, these descriptions are not enough to fight chapped lips.
Here are a few unique and proven remedies that can produce significant results when it comes to solving the problem of chapped lips.
- Curing chapped lips using oils: Almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil and olive oil can be used to cure chapped lips
- Almond oil: This oil is a natural moisturiser with vitamins in it. This oil is very gentle in nature and helps in preventing damage to the lips making them soft and supple. It is a good idea to heat up the oil before application. Warming it up will increase the rate of absorption, thus providing desired results.
- Castor oil: Castor oil has numerous medicinal benefits, one of which is the treatment of chapped lips. Use castor oil on the lips followed by petroleum jelly and you can get rid of dry lips in a few days.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has Omega-3 fatty acids, which help a great deal in the treatment of dry lips. Not only to the lips, this can also be used in other parts of the body where dry skin is evident.
- Coconut oil: Application of coconut oil for lips and other dry parts in the night can cure the dryness as it has antimicrobial properties that help in retention of moisture.
- Curing chapped lips using fruits and vegetables
- Cucumber: Cucumber has water content of up to 90 percent approximately. Placing cucumber slices on chapped lips for 10 to 15 minutes, for several times can cure chapped lips.
- Avocado: Rich in antioxidants, this natural remedy provides the required vitamins that produce elastin as well as collagen to cure dry lips. It can also be used as an anti-ageing remedy.
- Other natural remedies to cure chapped lips
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has both antifungal and antiseptic properties. This can be used to repair chapped lips as it helps in the rejuvenation of the dry skin.
- Rose petals: Chapped lips can not only be treated using rose petals, but it also makes the lips smooth and soft. Soak a few rose petals in milk for some time and make a paste of it. Apply it on the lips for curing dryness and bleeding.
- Milk cream: Rich in fat, milk cream is one of the best moisturisers. Apply milk cream for ten minutes and rinse. This treatment can cure chapped lips in a few days.
- Ghee: Application of ghee is also another way to keep dry lips moisturised. Apply multiple times, till the dryness vanishes.
The above are a few natural remedies to get rid of chapped lips and also dry skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
•Prepare a paste with amla powder (dry amla pieces and make powder) and a teaspoon of honey and lick it twice daily, it is an effective home remedy for cough.
•To get relief from dry cough use chutney of green or dry amla ground with green coriander leaves.
•To reduce the body temperature during summer, mix amla juice with water and also reduces temperature during fever.
•To prepare Amla juice take 3 teaspoons of dry amla fruits wash them thoroughly and soak in water over night. Mash and squeeze the soaked amla in the next morning, filter the juice and preserve in the refrigerator.
•Use pure coconut oil boiled with amla fruits for regular application on hair. Apply this oil at night and massage scalp. Wash it off next day morning.
•Make powder with dry fruits of amla, add rock salt for taste. Consume this mixture with hot cooked rice with a teaspoon of ghee. This reduces indigestion and acidity.
•Take 1 teaspoon of amla powder with 1 cup of hot water and drink it first in the morning, it is the best hair care treatment.
•A mixture of amla fruit juice with sugar is prescribed as a remedy for burning in the vagina.
•To reduce oily in the hair, mix 3 teaspoons of amla water with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice and wash the hair with it.
•Take 4 spoons of amla juice with equal quantity of water in empty stomach in the morning and in the evening to control hyperacidity and mental health.
•Juice of the amla bark combined with honey and turmeric is a remedy for gonorrhea.
•Amla can reduce blood sugar level and helpful in diabetes, for this add 3 spoons of amla water to a glass of regular water and consume regularly 4 times to 5 times a day.
•Take amla juice twice a day it helps in relieving asthma and bronchitis complications.
•Amla increases creation of red blood cell thus improves strength of teeth and nails.
•Amla is popular in prevention and treatment of respiratory disorders and also improves brain functioning.
•Amla contains polyphenol and tannins which reduces oxidative stress in diabetic patient.
•In case of nose bleeding, put 2 drops of amla juice in the nose and apply paste of ground amla on the head. If fresh amla is not available soak dry amla in water for sometime then grind this and apply on the head. This relieves from nose bleeding.
•To get rid from bedwetting problem, mix 1 gram amla, 1 gram caraway seeds and 2 grams candy sugar and take this with cold water.
•Take 30ml of fresh amla juice once in a day for 5 days regularly to kill intestinal worms.
•To improve vision take 250ml of water, soak 6 grams of amla powder at night. Strain this water in the morning and wash the eyes with this water. It relieves all diseased conditions of the eyes.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.