Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Komal SapraYour feedback matters!
I am schizophrenic patient. Can I come out of it. A new problem of anxiety, panic attacks and fear psychosis problem has raised for last 3 years.
My brother 30 year old, addicted to drink ,everyday he drinks n behaves in a different way like scolding everyone in the family for no reason ,sometimes quarrels or sometimes breaks everything in the house if anyone scolds r asks him. Or sometimes he harms himself in deep frustration like cuts himself with knife or blade etc. And morning he behaves normal and says that he do not remember anything what he has done at night. Pls suggest me is this any kind of psychological problem and pls suggest me the solution.
Hi, I am very sad about my psychological problem that I get suddenly unconscious anywhere. Please advise.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
Hi m 20 years old medical college girl. A guy 19 years old proposes me he was so nice and caring to me and my family bt after some time people come to me and said he is flirting with other girls also I love him so much but I can't tolerate this so I simply broke up saying my father will not accept us I didn't tell him the reason coz I don't wanna have fight with him. But still I love him and angry with him now I can't trust other boys also but may be that was all rumours about him. M confused abd hurt even I can not concentrate on studies also. please suggest me what should I do.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
A patient suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. It is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. Patients suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone.
Causes of BPD:
- Neglect and/or sexual abuse
- Some kind of childhood trauma like abandonment
- Loss of a dear one
- Neuro-chemical disturbance in the brain
- Genetic vulnerability
- Prolonged and chronic stress or anxiety
Symptoms of BPD:
- Disturbing thoughts: One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings: The patient often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis. 4. Suicidal feelings and attempts.
- Intense but unstable relationships: Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
- Impulsive behavior: Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
Mera dimag har wqat kuch na kuch galat sochta ha hum kosis karte ha ki nahi soche par pata nahi Fir v aa jata ha. (sex, gussa, etc)
Respected homeopaths, I am a medico (mbbs) and was attached to a patient who is no more. What are the anti depressants in homeopathy? Could any one help me?
Hi sir! I am 17 year old I forget things many times anywhere please tell me why this happen with me. And how can I build up my memory power strong.
I am missing someone feeling lonely and depressed please help me from this imagination I can not concentrate on my studies.
I am 15 years old school going boy my problem is I did not remember eadybthing and forget them very quickly so pls suggest dome ideas dor.
Sir I got nervous usually in any little problem. Usually got depress and it effects digestive system. Feel vomiting. Unwillingness for food. And at last week ness affect for long run. Although I back and recover in few days but it happen usually. Please suggest what should do.
As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but non confrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.