Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Keshav RastogiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am 29 year old & diabtiec patient last 6year. My weight is 68kg & height is 5.10. Can my weight is ok according to my height.
Doctor. My stomach is very paining. Its suddenly start. And it is very painful. I am very tired plizzz help. What I do.
I am too thin. And now my body is not responding very well. Everytime I feel weakness. I can't Abel to do such as small work.
I eat 4 chapatis, 3 times in a day. But still i am slim, what can I do to get some flesh on my body? Please help me.
My knee gets stressed after long walk at moderate or fast speed. Also thigh muscle gets strained on climbing steps. Please suggest remedy. I have taken calcium vitamin D and cartigen tabs
I started my gym 2 days ago. I am having body pain. Its too painful. What should I do to get rid of pain. My chest, hands, abs all are paining. What should I do?
Hi sir I'm doing bodybuilding for about 16 months and taking supplements as necessary. I have came to know that one pound of muscle require at least 1 gm of protein. My weight is 180 pounds but I'm taking approximately 100 gm of protein everyday and does weight workout 5 times per week. Can you please suggest the amount of protein required for a day.
You need carbohydrates as they are the body's main energy source. Still, weight loss enthusiasts will keep claiming that you should avoid them at all costs. However, the truth is, you need to eat carbs, but you need to find the right ones.
It is believed that consuming complex carbohydrates is better than simple carbohydrates. But the problem arises when you need to differentiate between them, because nutrition labels on food items do not inform you if the carb content is simple or complex.
What are Carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates are an essential component in various kinds of food. You may only relate carbs to bread and rice, but they are also found in dairy, seeds, sugary foods and sweets, fruits, legumes, vegetables, nuts and grains.
Carbohydrates are comprised of three elements that is starch, fibre and sugar. Sugar is a simple carb while starch and fibre are complex carbs.
Refined or Simple Carbohydrates
Simple carbs are easier to digest. Examples of simple carbs include:
- natural sugar (desi gurh, desi khaand, desi mishri, desi kakvi)
- high-fructose and corn syrups
- brown sugar
- sucrose, glucose and fructose
- fruit juice concentrate
Simple carbs should be avoided as they lead to type 2 diabetes and other associated diseases. Here are some foods you must avoid:
- baked treats
- packaged cookies
- breakfast cereal
Complex Carbohydrates: Since they have higher contents of fiber and are slow to digest, complex carbs are the good kind of carbs. They are good for people who want to lose weight or are suffering from type 2 diabetes.
Fiber and starch make up the group of complex carbs. Fibers are good for your bowels and cholesterol. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans and whole grains are excellent sources of fiber.
If your food has fiber in it, it will also contain starch. The only difference is that certain foods are less fibrous and more on the starchy side, such as potatoes. Whole wheat bread, cereal, corn, peas, rice and oats are also high in starch.
Choosing the right carb for you will take patience and time. If you don't mind some research and pay close attention to nutrition labels, you can start making healthier, and better, choices that will keep you energised, and prevent you from any chronic disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Seeds are the most basic parts of a tree. Without the seed, there won't be any tree. But some seeds have more functions than growing trees. Some seeds can help you become healthy as well. Here is a list of such seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: They are rich sources of vitamin E which are essential to the body to fight cancer. It also helps improve the immunity system of the body. It reduces oxidative stress caused due to working out.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are full of carbohydrates and fiber. It helps the body control blood sugar level. It also helps the body reach the satisfaction point after a meal, which helps in controlling digestion. It is a good source of plant protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds contain antioxidants which help in repairing damaged cells.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are known for being a source of calcium. Hence they help in making the bones strong and keeping them healthy. They are also required for the muscles to function properly. Sesame seeds produce energy for the body to work on.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain good amount of Magnesium, Zinc and plant based Omega-3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds also help in protecting against type 2 Diabetes and are good for heart, liver health and also prevents insomnia.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich sources of fibre. They contain a lot of soluble fibres, which help in the process of digestion. Flax seeds also help control hunger and blood sugar level. Daily consumption of flax seeds keeps a check on the blood pressure level, which in turn reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the presence of lignin, flax seeds promote smooth blood flow.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are whole proteins. Hemp seeds help to keep your hair and skin healthy. This is due to the presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They also help to lower the cholesterol level, due to the presence of phytosterols.