Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kc GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am almost 27 years old, male. I got LASIK done about 1.5 years back. Post the surgery, I'v always had some problem or the other with my eyes. I have on many many occasions felt one of my eyes had become smaller. I also had an eye infection soon after my LASIK but was it had not relation with that. I'v had difficulty watching movies in theatre/laptop most of the times. On and off, after consulting the doctor I have taken tear lubricants. This problem is especially severe in winter, I think. Now, since the past 2.5 months the problem has been increasing. Now I have immediate dry eyes while using laptop, tv or driving. Even if I use the lubricant five minutes before I sit down infant of the laptop, I get uncomfortable within minutes. One side of my heads starts to get strained, and it reaches the back of my head. This stress in my head then lasts for a while even if I don't strain my eyes. I have also been taking omega-3. I generally drink decent amount of water as well. I am also finding it very difficult to capture everything in front of me, which causes difficulty in driving/watching tv. Also, please note there have been days where I did not use laptop/tv/drive, but even then I get the strain in my head by evening. I have difficulty looking at people after a few seconds, and eventually become so cripple by night that I have to go to bed. As the evening progresses, so does my need to use the lubricant. What can be done?
I have some problem in my eyes. I feel so painfully and my eyes turns to red. Also my head also paining please help me.
I checked my eyes again in VASAN Eye care. Dr. Told for spectacle of the vision +.025 all time. Is it possible to get rid off spectacles. My age is 30 years. I work on PC for 2-3 Hours & Paper Work for 2-3 hours daily.
How many years can a patient stay in stage 3 ckd without going into further stage by following good diet and lifestyle. Recently I got to know that my father has got ckd stage 3. Without entering stage 1 or 2! Why!
I have swollen in my one eye what to do since yesterday, is there any medicine you can recommend or any cream so that I can apply?
My eye's water (V. H) is drying, I guess due to less sleeping. It feels very itchy. What should I do.
She has mental disorder red eye for over 3 days and stomach pain and itching in mouth and loose motion headache.
I have an eye problem for a long time and using spex for eye irritation and headache, is any other treatment should I take for this?
I am 18; years old and getting backache everyday night and eyes are getting red when sleeping I used ointment and not working please give me a suggestion.
I have cataract in both my eyes. The left eye has more blurring. The doctors recommended that the cataract should mature for operating it. however I have been told that now it is not necessary for the cataract and pin hole laser surgery can be done at any stage. What is it's cost and where can I get it done at a economic rate. I am an activist and have not earned for last 20 years and devout my entire time for various causes. I live in Delhi NCR.
Regular itching in eyes though not much difficulty in eyesight; suffering chronic Allergic Rhinitis / Bronchitis, I do take SOS LCZ or LIT-M, apart from Thyronorm-75 for managing hypothyroidism; I do suffer from urte- care, occasionally;
Hi sir I hv a problem and that is I can not see far things n evng time I cnt see bit also jst bit I cn see.
Doctor. Today while playing kabaddi I go hurt right above my eyes on the eyebrows area. It has a little bit swelling. Can I apply iodex or relief spray on it. I am much worried about my eyes as the cream my hurt my eyes.
Sir I have a sister. She is blind by birth. Most of the times she remains restless. Sir she takes too much psychological pressure. This time she takes prolomet xl 25 and stalopam plus Kindly suggest no improvement yet seen by these drugs.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.