Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ChablaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 22 years old male. I want to glowing skin and fairer. Please suggest me the right and effective way from get fairer (specially) face and smooth. Please suggest me right way and also please mention what things I should use and how to use daily or alternately day ?
Due to hair fall I recently gone to a doctor and he suggested me mx-5 lotion. May I buy andromin 5solution 5% cause its more than 300% cheaper.
Hi, I have very sensitive skin hence I use to get pimples. After I consult skin care specialist my pimples reduced. But marks are still there I want clear skin. Please suggest me what to do? Within 4 months my marriage before that I want to get clear skin. Any medicine please suggest me.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
I have brown spots on my entire body else face since 3 months What should I do ? There is no itching, no pain, etc Only spots are visible, the size is like a 25 paisa coin If any body assist for that let me know for medicines.
Is hair transplant safe as hairline from my front side is receding. Is it permanent or can it occur again.
My skin has tanned over the years very badly and the difference is very obvious now, so much to the point of being an annoyance. For example, my thighs look way different from the rest of my body. What can I do to get back my natural colour?
Hello sir, I have an hair loss problem at the same time dandruff problem what should I do now. Please give me suggestions.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and the appearance of pus filled red patches on the face. Small bumps that are red in color and filled with pus may also be present on the skin. This condition can last from a few weeks to a few months. However, because of its appearance, this condition may be mistaken for acne or other allergic reactions.
It mostly affects women who are middle aged or have a fairer skin tone. This disorder does not have a cure but treatments can help in limiting the symptoms of rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea are:
- Swollen red bumps: Bumps that look like pimple and contain pus can develop on the skin; the skin tends to feel tender and hot.
- Facial redness: Facial redness is caused by swelling of blood vessels on your cheeks and nose.
- Problems in the eye: This disorder may lead to problems in the eye such as irritation, dryness and swelling in the eyelids.
- Enlarged nose: The skin on your nose may become thick and swollen, making it look enlarged.
Causes of rosacea:
There is no exact known cause of rosacea. Contrary to popular belief, poor hygiene does not cause rosacea. There are certain factors that trigger increased blood flow to the skin, them being:
- Environmental factors
- Spicy foods
- Various medications that dilate the vessels that carry blood
- Chemicals present in cosmetics
Treatment options available for rosacea are:
- Oral antibiotics: Antibiotics are used to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation resulting from rosacea.
- Medications that reduce redness: Certain medications which come in the form of gels, when applied on the affected area, help in constricting blood vessels thus reducing the redness.
There are certain measures that you can take to prevent rosacea, some of them are:
- Use sunscreen: Use a sunscreen to prevent damage from sun exposure, make sure the sunscreen has a SPF count of 25 or more. However, the SPF measure should be determined by your skin texture.
- Use gentle products on your skin: Use a mild cleanser to clean your skin and make sure to moisturize on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.